Author Topic: Home needed urgently for 8 yr old bengal female - Cardiff area (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 3751 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
As there have been no updates I'll move this to sorted now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Home needed urgently for 8 yr old bengal female - Cardiff area
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 11:16:52 AM »
Any news?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
Re: Home needed urgently for 8 yr old bengal female - Cardiff area
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 10:44:06 AM »
She may settle down once baby is born, we had some issue with one of our cats who was just not happy about the situation at all but my son is almost 6 months now and Maddie is really good with him, she lets him fuss her and she's very careful not to hurt him. It just takes abit of patience and the best thing is when my son sees her, he gives her the biggest smile ever. Sometimes cats react to your behaviour, so if you are stressed, the cat will be too. My son has health issues and he been in and out of hospital but Maddie is guaranteed to make him smile, infact she often makes us all feel better. Leonie and Maggie always sleep outside the baby's room and Cole likes to rub the baby's feet. Some cats can be jealous are you spending time with your cat still?

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Home needed urgently for 8 yr old bengal female
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 14:12:47 PM »
Bless her, she's gorgeous! I do hope that you find somewhere lovely soon.

Offline Spottybengal

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 10:42:04 AM »

Hello, yes, sorry - we are in Cardiff.

I should also add that she's had a clean bill of health from the vet and there's no underlying urine infection, she's just not very happy at the moment  :'(

Thanks

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 08:33:16 AM »
A location for Izzy is needed so people can figure out how they can help with finding her a new home. ;) She's stunning, bless her.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 08:33:35 AM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Spottybengal

• Kitten
Izzy is an 8-year-old bengal and she's been with us for about 3 years.  She is very shy with new people, but is affectionate and playful once you have gained her trust and loves to play with wand-toys and chase toy mice.

We have no other pets but she was kept with other bengals before coming to us, so could potentially go to a household with other cats.

She has access to our small garden in the evenings, but doesn't venture far and likes coming in and out a lot rather than spending long periods outdoors.

Re-homing her is a very hard decision for us but I don't feel that we can give her the care and attention she needs.

I am due to have a baby in 3 weeks, and there’s been a lot of upheaval and change at home which has led to some stress weeing. (We've tried to make the changes gradual and are using feliway, but she's still very unsettled). I'm constantly worried about leaving things on the carpet / sofa / chairs in case she decides to mark them and feel very stressed trying to juggle this with impending parenthood.

I never wanted to be one of those people who have a baby and get rid of their cat, but I can't go on like this. She likes a quiet life and long-term I really think she'd be much happier in a house with no small children running around.

She's a big softie with a gentle nature and would make a lovely pet for someone in a stable household who can spoil her rotten and give her the love and attention she deserves.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 06:55:13 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat