Author Topic: REALLY URGENT - Senior hyper-thyroid stray needing transport/home - Nottingham. (Rehomed)  (Read 4282 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Fantastic! I do love happy endings  :briggin:

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: mog, jango & sooty, honey & amber, and flipper ......... additional guests welcome :)
thanks Gill.  great cat! and great new home!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Great pics and story  ;D

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: mog, jango & sooty, honey & amber, and flipper ......... additional guests welcome :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Brilliant and thasnk you for transporting him  :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
 :Luv: aww that's great news, I'll move to sorted now  :thanks:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
yes - i took Albert down to Essex on Thursday.  The vets gave him a big send off and were delighted he had a home to go to.  He was good as gold in the car.  Slept most of the way once we got out of Nottingham.  Got out of his box at the service station whilst we had a drink and snack then hopped back in when I asked him to.  He has a lovely new home and when I left appeared to be settling quite happily.

ps. many thanks to the people who contributed towards my petrol money for the trip.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 10:13:33 AM by midgecat »

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Any news please?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
feral stray foundation - i've messaged you.

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
    • Feral & Stray Foundation
  • Slave to: Nina, Nell, Ned, Marley, Twilight, Leon, Forest, Squirrel, Skunk, Gladys, Oscar, HRH Naughty Knickers & Uncle Albert!!
OK. This lad can stay at the practice until Thursday. More time to hopefully sort transport. The lady having him priced up a per courier for him otherwise.
Phew, more time bought!
Liz x
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline FeralStrayFoundation

• Adult Cat
  • Adopt, don't buy!
  • Slave to: Nina, Ned, Nell, Marley, Twilight, Leon, Squirrel, Skunk, Forest, Oscar, Gladys, HRH Naughty Knickers, Rupert
No, still trying to see if I can sort transport for him. He'll be going to Harwich. CO12 4PH.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Ohhh, Liz - is this sorted? Where's he off to in Essex?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Adult Cat
  • Adopt, don't buy!
  • Slave to: Nina, Ned, Nell, Marley, Twilight, Leon, Squirrel, Skunk, Forest, Oscar, Gladys, HRH Naughty Knickers, Rupert
She's coming from Lancaster to East London today... I'll message her and hope she gets it! Thanks.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Th epoor boy :care:

Sheila offered transport from  London to Lancaster yesterday - she is coming back from Lancaster to East London today so I wonder if she might be able to help in any way?

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,43406.msg761920/boardseen.html#new

It's worth sending her a PM but not sure if she will see it in time.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 10:20:53 AM by Tiggy's Mum »

• Adult Cat
  • Adopt, don't buy!
Hi Guys,

If anyone can help this older gentleman, PLEASE let me know! He's currently in a vets in Nottingham (Mapperley), and will go to the RSPCA on tomorrow - we know what that likely means for a senior  :'(

This is from the vet who is trying to help him:
We are desperately trying to find a home for this lovely oldie. He had fiv/felv test, negative, and we are waiting for t4 and renal profile. He will stay with us till Monday, then RSPCA will get him...and we don't want that! He is sooo adorable, loves fuss and eats well. Can you help us find a home for him? Liz, any ideas? Thanks! xxx

The blood results showed he is hyperthyroid. A couple of liver enzymes were also out, but this was due to the thyroid problem. The rest of the results were pretty good for an oldie! The nurses raised enough funds to also get him 2-months worth of Felimazole (he's on 2.5mg twice a day). He's really skinny, but he should gain weight nicely once the drugs start balancing out.

Now, I have a lovely home offered for him, but it's in Essex (awaiting exact location). The lady said if a local home is offered, that's fine, but if not, she'll happily adopt him. We have to get him out the practice tomorrow, even if it's in a foster home, as the owner of the practice is NOT happy about strays being in. The lady offering the home said a pet transporter can collect him and take him to her, at a cost of £65, but that's not until Thursday next week.

If anyone can help transport him, please let me know. I haven't even had a short-term foster home offered, so we're running out of time...

Thanks in advance,

Liz xx

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 19:49:34 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat