Author Topic: Honestly Dad, it wasn't me!  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Honestly Dad, it wasn't me!
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 23:11:07 PM »
Wait till he finds his violin and starts practising at 0400  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Alcatraz

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Butch and Sundance
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 12:16:19 PM »
Well Watson (Sherlock's brother from another kitty mother) was a little dirty but definitely not as bad as Sherlock who is currently the naughty one.  Pretty sure they both know Santa doesn't come until Christmas....

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 20:48:04 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl:

Maybe he was looking for Santa  :evillaugh:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 10:30:59 AM »
 :rofl: loving the detective references!

Did your last place not have a fireplace? I know not everywhere does these days.

We got fireguards pretty soon after getting cats, Dexter used to look up them (we have 2), especially when it was raining!  :evillaugh: I was petrified he would continue to do so if we had them on in the winter!

He never actually went up it tho  :rofl:

Still to this day when we move them to do the housework he will be investigating to see whats up there!!!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 21:20:29 PM »
It is very obvious what Sherlock was doing - he was hiding all the experiments and notebooks he had secretly stashed with all the bedding before you moved out the old place.  I mean how could he continue solving mysteries without his trusty gadgets.   
 :rofl:

PS.  my dogs middle name is Watson, so maybe they are both in on it - his a black Cairn x.   :rofl:  not from soot though but maybe Sherlock wanted to have some camouflage to visit!

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 19:03:54 PM »
Well I am sure Sherlock was just doing a bit of detective work seeing what the chimney was  ;) :evillaugh:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 18:42:57 PM »
He was helping, you now know the chimney needs a sweep, and the cats didn't think the carpets were free of dog smells, and needed doing again.  :evillaugh:

Offline Alcatraz

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 15:27:55 PM »
Well they're definitely "at home" now.  There's no nervousness at all with either of them and they're even jumping into the (empty) bath when the door's open.

Sherlock's even escaped into the garden but ran back pretty quickly when we came to get him (with the exception of the balcony at our old flat it was his first time outside).

This weekend will be spent building a large cat run attached to the side of the house so they can get out of the back door or window and into the garden without fully escaping.  The garden's too big to completely catproof.

And of course I'll be finding a fire guard for the fireplace!  >:(

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 15:22:07 PM »
Lol,did that offset the normal stress,normally associated with moving house i wonder. :hug:

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 15:05:07 PM »
White sheets dont stay white for long  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 14:31:56 PM »
 :rofl:

Offline Alcatraz

• Adult Cat
Honestly Dad, it wasn't me!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 13:16:18 PM »
So we moved house this week and it was pretty stressful, both for us humans and the two furballs that hid behind the bed in our spare room all day.

After getting in all the boxes and furniture we decided to make the bedroom nice so we could at least get a good rest before unpacking the following day.  The previous family had a dog so we shampoo'd the wet dog smell from the bedroom carpet, gave everything a good clean and put on fresh white sheets onto the bed.

After a quick shower, I opened the door to the spare bedroom so the boys could explore the house in their own time and Heather and I hit the sack.  We left the bedroom door open in case they wanted us in the night and settled in.

As always, I woke around 2am and found Sherlcok asleep in the crook of my arm with his chin resting on my arm.  I fell aslepp again.

In the morning we woke to what I can only describe as a scene from Pompeii, just after the Vesuveus eruption.  There was soot everywhere!  Our newly shampoo'd carpets, out crisp white sheets, the furniture and walls!

I turned to Heather to ask what had happened and she pointed at Sherlock, half laughing, half ready to explode.

As he raised his head to look at me with an impression on his face that said; "What's going on Dad?" he left a black, Sherlock shaped impression on my arm.  Our otherwise white chested tabby was charcoal grey from nose to tail!

I asked if he had got up the chimney in the night and was met with an expression that seemed to say; "Me?  No, it wasn't me!"

Day two in the house was equally as stressfull with both boys receiving a bath before we got to work cleaning.  Our carpets are smelling wonderful now though!

Don't you just love cats?

Link to CatChat