Author Topic: Hello :)  (Read 13378 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Hello :)
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2013, 06:44:59 AM »
:Crazy: Wow those pics are absolutely gorgeous!!!

Errrm, hi everypawdy I'm new on here don't really understand how this works but I'm looking to connect with cat people and made new friends.
I'm Catleesi, 27, recently got a beautiful red Maine Coon hes only 10 weeks old and adorable! I'm attaching a pic of him on here: meet Jay Catsby :) :Crazy:

Gorgeous boy!!  :Luv2:  Look at those paws - and the ear tufts!!  :wow:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2013, 21:28:36 PM »

Errrm, hi everypawdy I'm new on here don't really understand how this works but I'm looking to connect with cat people and made new friends.
I'm Catleesi, 27, recently got a beautiful red Maine Coon hes only 10 weeks old and adorable! I'm attaching a pic of him on here: meet Jay Catsby :) :Crazy:

OMG he's GORGEOUS  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:  :welcome: to Purrs, tou're gonna love it here.  It won't take long to fit in and you'll soon get the hang of how it all works.

We are a very friendly bunch so feel free to ask any questions xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline amber83

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Mischka, Milan, Frankie and our new little one Nala
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2013, 21:02:27 PM »
What a beautiful little kitten! Brilliant pic :)
Sorry I've not posted in a while, we've had a lot to deal with this last weeks and a bit. Hope everyone and their companions are well :)

Offline Catleesi

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Mr. Jay Catsby
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2013, 20:02:45 PM »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2013, 06:54:56 AM »
       You would never want to let them go , unless there is no choice.       

Spot on, Greenlaner.

Lady M - have seen those piccies and they're wonderful.  Absolutely wonderful.  When I grew up, most of my school friends loved coming to our house, because we had a dog, tortoises, I kept pigeons, stick insects and white rats, not to mention guinea pigs  and two budgies at one point.    I was very lucky because my parents both loved animals and saw the value of teaching us the joy there was to be had from simple pleasures.   We always had to do the hard work, mucking out etc, so we learned about responsibility for pets from an early age.  Many of my friends did not.  Mind you, I came later to cat companionship, and after that, there was absolutely no going back  :evillaugh:

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2013, 05:27:49 AM »
My black cat Bully was with me from a tiny kitten. I have no problems with that colour cat. She and her tabby tom kitten mate were dreadful for years. They used to be up to all sorts of mischief and gave us hours of fun, trying to keep them from accidentally injuring themselves. I now have Billy. He is trying to find me a new cat owner. He was always snapping off telescopic radio aerials and mains leads were chewed through. They weren't plugged into the mains at the time :rofl: You just have to put things out their way until they mature.  When they get older and settled like Billy is now, you don't really mind what they did as kittens because you would never want to let them go , unless there is no choice.

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Tippy (June 2013)
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2013, 18:26:38 PM »
Sue p - have posted some pics on Tippys "puma cat" feed.

I love seeing her and My son together :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2013, 19:38:23 PM »
Questionnaire done :)

:hug: :)  excellent!

Offline amber83

• Adult Cat
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2013, 18:31:33 PM »
Questionnaire done :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2013, 18:00:25 PM »

There are fewer things more heartwarming than seeing children in a loving and respectful relationship with a cat or dog.  Fabulous piccies.   ;D  A bond like these little 'uns have gives so much, each to the other.  :Luv:

Offline amber83

• Adult Cat
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2013, 17:28:43 PM »
LadyMcTavish lovely photos :) no they don't always adversely affect asthmatics. My four year old step son is asthmatic and while we keep the one that molts loads away from him, the others are fine. We only keep the other one away as a precaution, and you can't really get away from all cat hair but he seems fine. His mum tried to make us get rid of our cats when my husband took her to court for access to his son, she claimed his asthma was always worse when he came home from our house and it must be the cats. But she has a cat herself who spends far more time indoors than our cats do. So when they dismissed that claim she then attacked our budgie saying it was his fault, the judge just told her he thought it was a ridiculous claim. And lo and behold what does she have also? A budgie. Hmm...
My brother is severely asthmatic, worse as a kid and we had cats. He'd not have them sat right on top of him or anything, but he could happily be around them in the same house. I believe my mum also had birds too at some point, they didn't hurt him either.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2013, 15:33:25 PM »
Lovely photos, thank you  ;D

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2013, 15:32:18 PM »
My son is 4 and asthmatic. No problems At ALL. He loves Tippy and she craves his attention. He was sat kissing and stroking her last night when she was snoozing on the sofa. See pics below. Her favourite game with him is chase. She has a long feather teaser and he runs round with it and she either chases him or hides and jumps out on him. I love to see them play. And she doesn't effect his asthma at all!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2013, 15:13:20 PM »

Plus one, from me too Dawn. 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2013, 15:12:29 PM »
not at all, like I say its good to see, often people think that having kids means you can't have cats, its good to see the evidence that cats aren't likely to kill the babies by suffocating or filling them with germs!

Offline amber83

• Adult Cat
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2013, 15:10:22 PM »
He absolutely loves cats! He's usually very careful with them too, sometimes he gets over excited and a bit rough but I intervene and remind him to be gentle. He's only 15 months but has a good understanding, he's super gentle with his four month old sister too.
I hope no one minds me posting pics with my little one in them, my other photos are on the laptop so they were the only ones I could upload for now.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2013, 15:00:36 PM »
how nice to see cats and kids together!

Offline amber83

• Adult Cat
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2013, 14:35:01 PM »
I don't have any of Frankie, she's about less than my two boys. She's a dirty stop out, I'll have to take some sneaky ones when she's in later :)

Offline amber83

• Adult Cat
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2013, 14:31:35 PM »
And this is Mischka, the one who loves our kids, especially my youngest son. When he was born, Mischka would run around meowing whenever he cried as if trying to get him help.

Offline amber83

• Adult Cat
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2013, 14:25:54 PM »
This one here is Milan. He's not usually one for kids, but he does like to curl up next to my youngest son occasionally.

Offline amber83

• Adult Cat
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2013, 14:20:15 PM »

This is Nala :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 14:26:45 PM by amber83 »

Offline amber83

• Adult Cat
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2013, 14:17:28 PM »
Hahaha love their antics! Mine also likes the laundry basket, only yesterday she accidentally flipped it on top of her, no clothes in it but it was so funny. She also stares up at the budgie with hopeful eyes. He is on top of a tall bookcase, which we had to move because our other female (who is a lot more agile than my two clumsy boys) managed to jump up and knock the poor thing down, it landed on one of the kids heads too. I was out and got a call from a rather panicked husband, no one was hurt, not even the budgie. I think the only thing that got hurt was the cats ego when she didn't manage to catch him lol
I'll try to upload a pic of our newbie :)

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2013, 10:33:59 AM »
She definitely finds it entertaining!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2013, 09:17:09 AM »

Ah yes, fish tanks are cat telly.....   :evillaugh:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2013, 09:12:51 AM »
Tippy is a demon at times. Her new obsession is the laundry basket. It has holes in it and she likes to play "hook anything" by sticking her paws in and trying to drag items of clothing out. She was playing with my bikini top yesterday. I've resorted to lining it with the thick blue ikea bags to she doesn't ruin ALL of my clothes :D

The fish tank is also fascinating. I'm sure she's plotting their "great escape"...

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2013, 07:06:25 AM »

Thanks Amber (and well done Lady McTavish  :evillaugh: :hug:)

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/news/2012/8476.html

Jane Murray is a member of Purrs and posts here asking if people would be willing to sign up.

And yes, they are little monkeys......   :innocent:  We were talking elsewhere on the forum about cats that throw up in your handbags (there are a few of them out there) and how you know you're a crazy cat lady when you just kind of shrug your shoulders, fish everything salvageable out, spray it with some fabreze and then laugh abou it.  ;)

Offline amber83

• Adult Cat
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2013, 00:43:56 AM »
I wasn't aware Pets at Home did that, thanks :)
They are little monkeys! We have a scratch post with a little toy attached, now she's discovered that she seems to be leaving the furniture alone. But to be honest, it's pretty ruined anyway because some years back I rescued a green iguana who loved to claw the sofas! He's up in iggy heaven now, bless his heart.
I'm sure I could complete a questionnaire, where's the link? Will look at that tiny pic site tomorrow too :)

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2013, 21:13:51 PM »
I did it a few weeks ago sue :) pubs it very good, but some of the questions are confusing because it asks if your kitten is neutered and doesn't give an option of "I am planning on neutering" obv can't neuter until they are old enough. I did it web tippy was 9weeks old :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2013, 20:22:17 PM »
Amber if you use tiny pic one of the options is uploading to a website - it resizes for you.  No need to open an account or join up to anything or instal any new programme on your computer.   :)

Would you and Lady MacTavish consider signing up to The Bristol Cat Project?  It involves completing a questionnaire to help vets at the Veterinary School compile information on cat ownership from kittenhood and th e y need more participants.  I can post a link if you'd be interested?  Ross is a participant.  :)

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 19:53:37 PM »
Hi Amber :)

I also have a young kitten, tippy is 13 weeks on Monday. Pets at home do a good deal on vacs, chipping and worm/flea treatment. I paid £48 and got a bag I science plan kitten kibble.

Looking forward to pics :)

Kittens are little monkeys, tippy has pretty much ruined my leather dining chairs luckily they can be recovered. If you need a tree I got mine off eBay for £40 and its brilliant

Hope Nala is settling in well

Offline amber83

• Adult Cat
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 08:32:37 AM »
I can't figure out how to make my photos smaller so I can upload. I'm new to Mac, only just got it, so I haven't found my way around it yet and have no idea how to make the file smaller. I tried cropping it, but it's saved somewhere and I can't find where. This is frustrating! If I upload to Photobucket first I'm not sure it'll make a difference?

Offline amber83

• Adult Cat
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2013, 00:47:10 AM »
Ah yes, silly predictive text makes me say silly things like 'gayfever' instead of hayfever, which I asked my brother if he had the other day hahaha

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2013, 15:48:59 PM »

Nala's a lovely choice of name for her. 

Ah the old "tablet" problem - I use Kindle and end up with atrocious typos (that's my excuse!  :rofl:)

Offline amber83

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 15:44:32 PM »
Oh no, I want to, it's just forgetfulness on my part because I'm so used to using iPad instead of the laptop.
She's definitely one brave girl that's for sure! We decided to name her Nala. My husband suggested it, from the Lion King :) it means 'beloved'

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2013, 07:36:38 AM »
 :evillaugh:  Bless her - pleased she's going to stick up for herself.     (Dont let us bully you into posting pics, we're just really interested, and excited about your newest family member.  Thought of a name yet?)  :hug:

Offline amber83

• Adult Cat
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2013, 07:31:42 AM »
I don't normally upload from iPad so have no clue, but pics of my other cats are on the laptop so will do it later. Thank you for the link :)
Things are fine this morning, we introduced her to the other three last night, one by one. My smaller boy wasn't bothered by her, she squared up to him though! She's got a lot of bottle. But she settled down ok. The other two weren't keen at all, lots of hissing from them and her, but I think they'll get used to each other.
She sleeps in her bed in our kitchen, because we have a budgie in the living room and there are wires and stuff in there that I can't keep an eye on her with if I'm in bed. The other cats always go outside in the summer, not through force, they prefer to be out and won't come in if we call them. They're very outdoorsy those three.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2013, 06:52:04 AM »
 :evillaugh:   Sorry.   You can use Tiny Pics too -

http://tinypic.com/

Really simple (it has to be for a thicko like me to use it successfully....    :shy:)

How are things going this morning?    And where did she sleep......?     :)

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 21:35:59 PM »
I use photobucket and you can change the uploaded image size on that  ;)

Offline amber83

• Adult Cat
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2013, 20:10:39 PM »
Argh! Files are too big. Not sure how to make them smaller

Offline amber83

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 20:06:20 PM »
Hahaha sorry  :P I need to wake the laptop up to upload, unless I can do it from this.. I'll see :D

Link to CatChat