Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 4663 times)

Offline pixiekitties

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Dexter'Storm and soon to be India'Rose (ex slave to Princess'Baby'Tigerlily)
Re: Hi all
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 16:06:31 PM »
Hi Pixie nice to see you on here too, this seems a fun forum  :)

OMG :O
I never knew you were on here!!!

lol I google searched for cat forums and this came up  :)
R.I.P my little angel Princess'Baby'Tigerlily  29.06.2004-02.06.2013

Offline Bluemoon

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Jumpy, Pixie, Gracie & Bogey
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 23:46:55 PM »
Hi Pixie nice to see you on here too, this seems a fun forum  :)

Offline pixiekitties

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Dexter'Storm and soon to be India'Rose (ex slave to Princess'Baby'Tigerlily)
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 16:18:13 PM »
thankyou :)

Offline kittiesmom

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: scooby & tilly. My Wildcats.
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 22:12:09 PM »
 :welcome: What Gorgeous pics, such pretty kitties.   :clap: :clap:
until you love a cat you haven't loved.

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 13:31:31 PM »
 :welcome: to the forum. lovely kitties  :Luv2:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 12:38:20 PM »

Tortoiseshells have a very keen intelligence, so no wonder Tigerlily picked thing up quickly.  And Dexter is just gorgeous, so of course he's going to pick thingsup quickly  :evillaugh:

He does look a little like Riley, doesn't he?  :)

Offline pixiekitties

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 12:30:11 PM »
wow  :Luv:
Dexter really does have a resemblance to Riley

I only taught her because she seemed to be very clever, therefor I tried and she picked it up all very quickly :)
Even Dexter has learned to lay down and is getting there with the sit command
Its amazing to see how well they respond

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 07:32:40 AM »
Piccies of Riley and his equally hansum bruvva Lu can be found here:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,42724.msg760121.html#msg760121

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 07:28:05 AM »

Ah, you're not wrong there - I think we'd all agree that our worlds for sure are not complete without a cat  ;)

How lovely that Tigerlily responded to you by learning the things you wanted her to do.  ;D  A perfect example of trust in operation.  :)

I think the heart shaped marks are very unusual and very beautiful.  I think we may need to have lots (and lots) of piccies of Dexter modelling his very own "coeur de lion"    :naughty:

Offline pixiekitties

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 17:21:46 PM »
Thankyou all :)

Thankyou Sue P for the condolences. She really was a truly special cat to me. She was my first cat when I moved out of my parents.
She was extremely clever. I had taught her her to come to me by shouting her name, to sit when told, lay down, roll-over, stand and she would try and have conversations with me. I basically taught her the tricks you would normally teach a dog and that was when she was approx. 7years old :) so to me she was very special  :Luv:

Dexter is special in his own little way too. Hopefully will be getting him neutered and chipped end of October after his next check-up. He is an indoor cat, as are all of my cats, as I live in the city near to 4 busy roads, I also do not trust the teenagers around here  :shify:
I also live in a flat, although I am on the ground floor and could probably give them access to the outdoors, I certainly would not feel safe allowing them out. I am investing in buying a good quality harness to take the kitties out. Will have to over come my own hurdles first before that is achieved.

I had a look around the forum and searched for the threads of Riley, I never saw any pictures but I was reading one about a vet visit and his health. I too hope that he makes a speedy recovery and gets back to good health very soon. Its heart breaking when your babies are ill.

I have actually never saw a heart shaped marking on a cat before, until I got Dexter. It was just so unusual  :Luv2: and certainly shows the amount of love they have. As I like to say "My world is not complete, unless I am owned by a cat"  :)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 08:41:58 AM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 08:22:39 AM »

Welcome to Purrs - and to your beautiful Dexter Storm - what a beautifully marked boy he is.  :Luv2: :welcome: :welcome:

Special thoughts also for your beloved Tigerlily, who was also the bonniest of cats.  Am so very sad you lost her, but it's clear she had a wonderful life with you, and you shared a special bond.  That's all we can ask for any of our cats, however long or short our time is with them.

Gill's right - Dexter does bear a likeness to the most beautiful Riley, who is very ill at present .  We're all hoping he makes a very good recovery, as he's a special cat too.  (Well, they all are, aren't they, but you know what I mean, I'm sure!)

There is another forum cat - Junior Officer Ripley -  who also wears his heart on his sleeve, as it were, and has a similar heart shaped mark on him.  An outward expression of their huge capacity for love.   :Luv:

Offline pixiekitties

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 00:46:09 AM »
Thankyou :)

To me she was the prettiest cat I had ever seen  :)
She passed not long before her 10th birthday too
She certainly made a huge impact on my life

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 00:40:49 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

So sorry to hear about Tiger Lily who was soooooooooooooo beautiful and the kitten is the image of her  ;D ;D

Your blue boy beares a resemblence to a much loved cat on Purrs called Riley.

Riley is currently very ill in hospital with seizures and fits and you will see a long thread about him and hope your boy will send some good vibes to a distant relative  ;D

I will put Tiger Lily on our Roll of Honout that is published mid Nov on Purrs birthday.

Offline pixiekitties

• Adult Cat
Hi all
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 00:10:56 AM »
Hey everyone

I am new here. I have 1 cat, soon to be 2 as I will be adopting a little kitty very soon.

I currently have a 18weeks old blue moggy male cat called Dexter'Storm  :Luv:
He is a loveable little kitty with very unique markings.
One of his markings is in fact a heart on his chest!!
He sadly has a heart murmur however it does not bother him in the slightest.
He is an indoor cat however he certainly is a born hunter.
He is extremely energetic and playful and loves nothing more than to play on his cat tree with his little squeaking mouse.
Here is a few pictures of Dexter:

I will soon be adopting a little tortoise-shell female cat.
Her mummy cat died will birthing the kittens and sadly 2 kittens were lost also.
She does have another 2 siblings who are also being adopted out.
I have decided to name her India'Rose. She is very much a kitten version of my tortie girl Tigerlily.
India'Rose is on the left and Tigerlily on the right

Princess'baby'Tigerlily  :Luv: She was a maine-coon cross girl who was just loving and full of tortitude.
She was the most amazing cat I have ever had, we were inseperable and had such a unique and beautiful bond.
Sadly found out approx. 6months ago that she had acute leukaemia (non-contagious and not caused by the virus). She then contracted auto-immune haemolytic anaemia.
She was on weekly medication which was changed numerous times. She was up and down more times than a yo-yo.
I sadly had to have her put to sleep on the 2nd June. She took very ill and was diagnosed as having acute renal failure.
I miss her every second but I know I had to let her go.
Here is a few pictures of her:

Link to CatChat