Author Topic: 3 female cats needing new homes (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 5079 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: 3 female cats needing new homes (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 11:15:54 AM »
As there has been no update I'll move this to sorted section now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: 3 female cats needing new homes
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013, 15:00:28 PM »
Anyone know the outcome of this?
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 17:44:12 PM »
How about contacting citizens advice? They might give you help, I think Shelter have a helpline as well for housing problems.   

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 17:39:00 PM »
Sorry to have to welcome you to Purrs at such a horrible time  :hug: I agree with the others in that if you contract doesn't specifically state 'no pets' then she can't simply use her 'discretion' and you're entitled to keep your cats at the property you're renting, and no doubt paying very handsomely to do so.

Can you have a look at the exact wording on the contract to double check?

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 17:23:19 PM »
Perhaps you should show her some pictures of all the MANY homeless cats,often caused by such as her!

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 16:02:59 PM »
What sort of tenancy agreement have you signed? Nothing should be "at her discretion" - sorry but that's rubbish!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline cmaddy83

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Ug, Princess pink nose, mischief and misfit
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 15:49:32 PM »
Its at her discretion in the tenancy. I think shes just being this way because she had to replace our stairs carpet when we moved. Not due to animals but it was a tripping hazard!

I just cant understand the time scale she has given me or that she told me in front of my child, who is now upset.

Wish I hadnt moved now

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 15:41:44 PM »
If you were upfront about having pets before you moved in, it should be in your tenancy agreement and the landlord cannot change the terms of it without your agreement (this includes rent increases - not many people know this!).

If it wasnt mentioned and your tenancy agreement doesn't forbid pets, again the landlord cannot change the terms without your agreement. The only way the landlord can forbid pets is if it was stipulated in your tenancy agreement before you moved in.

That said, I undersand (as a tenant myself) that you want to stay on good terms with your landlord so I suggest offering her an extra 10% deposit and agreeing to have the carpets professionally cleaned and fumigated when you move out.

Keep things in perspective - yes, it's her property but you're paying (no doubt an extortionate amount) to live there. What if it were children your landlord suddenly objected to? Would she expect you to have them adopted?
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 15:25:25 PM »
Do you have a lease and does it say no animals?

Offline cmaddy83

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 15:21:52 PM »
We only have a small yard.

I have spoken to a lot of local agencies and been put on their lists.

I don't think she realises how difficult it is to rehome or how much that they become part of the family. My little boy was in tears this morning

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 14:55:39 PM »
If she's changed her mind she can't just expect you to get rid of your cats. What a biatch! I don't have much time for landlords, I only had one good one when I was renting all the others where money grabbing, uncaring  :censored:

Does she not realise how difficult it is to find cats homes at the moment?

Do you have a garden? How about setting them up a run and shelter there. At Least while you try to find them homes.

Have a look on Catchat http://www.catchat.org/ It gives you a list of rescues in your area. They will all probably be full but ask them to put you on their waiting list. They can rehome them directly from you, they don't have to go into the shelter but they will home check to make sure they get a good home.

Good luck.   

Offline cmaddy83

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 14:36:54 PM »
She's having none of it. When we moved in she never mentioned it and now has decided none of her homes can have pets.

She gave me until next week to find homes for them

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 14:30:53 PM »
Hi, have you tried offering your new landlord a bigger deposit if he'll let you keep the cats. Some people on Purrs have had success with paying more to their landlords in the past?

Offline cmaddy83

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 14:27:30 PM »
Hi

Its a horrible situation to be in.

I am in St Helens. I think they would settle with other cats as they like snuggling up together. In an ideal world I would love them all to be kept together or even just Ug and princess as they are from the same litter. As for them sharing a human slave they cope quite well sharing

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 14:18:54 PM »
Hello and  :welcome:,

I am sorry that you have come to the forum in sad circumstances.

It would be helpful to know what sort of area you are in please. You also say you are looking for new 'homes' in the plural. If they are going to be split up, do you think it would be best for your babies to live with another cat, or have a human slave all to themselves?

Offline cmaddy83

• Kitten
3 female cats needing new homes (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 14:08:55 PM »
I have 3 female cats needing new homes as our new landlord wont allow us to have pets.

UG is a one year old black cat. She will go outside but wont leave the garden. She likes to play and needs lots of cuddles and affection.

Princess Pink nose is also one years old, she is black and white. She is a fairly shy cat so will need a bit of attention to start off with but once she gets to know you she enjoys cuddles. She also goes outside but wont venture far.

Mischief is a 3year old black and white female. She enjoys going outside, climbing trees etc. She does like to mother all things even humans.

All cats are litter trained, good with children. They have never been housed with dogs.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:15:40 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat