Author Topic: Hello from Derbyshire!  (Read 12736 times)

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
Re: Hello from Derbyshire!
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2013, 16:52:33 PM »
They do give such a lot of pleasure and its always nice to have cats around.  :hug:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Tippy (June 2013)
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2013, 16:43:52 PM »
We met her at 3weeks old so it's been a long wait :)

Buying her tree this week, she will love it !!

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2013, 16:41:14 PM »
She's only a tiny kitten of course :hug:so the older cat peeps :rofl:will understand if she is not up to speed on Puter for a few months. Got to find her feet. When I got Billy , I only had to wait two days before I saw him. He was eight weeks then in July 2006. Taking his siesta just now with the Glasgow sunshine. We look forward to meeting you Tippy :hug:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2013, 16:01:54 PM »
I can't wait!!!!!!! Only 2 more weeks to go! I will definitely let her post and I'm sure I'll have plenty of pics to share!

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2013, 05:31:12 AM »
Looking forward to seeing her first posts on the cats only forum. Make sure she puts her own name. Sasa takes a dim view of cats that dont .  :rofl: My Billy is about to post up there shortly again. Thankfully he is maturing a wee bit after seven years.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2013, 10:56:40 AM »
I'm getting so excited for you and Tippy.  :clap:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2013, 08:44:27 AM »
Aaaaaw what a sweetie!!! My little boy is nearly 5 and although totally living sometimes I getter "into big for a..." Saying that he still plays with my ears when he's really tiresome poorly and always comes for a huggle in the morning.... I've made Tippy a huge bean bag bed, it's about 3ft sq with a really snugly blanket over it, ordering her tree next week, found an awesome one :)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2013, 08:33:18 AM »

:evillaugh:   This time last year, when Ross was newly arrived with us, he would come up to bed with us, and sleep on our heads.  In fact we were just laughing about it last night - he was getting ready to go out on his evening patrol (he's a dirty stop out now) and having a quick wash before he went. 

OH and I commented about how this time last year, when we announced we were going to bed, we were almost killed in the rush to get up the stairs (because of course last one up was a dirty rotten stinker!) and he would always beat us into the bedroom, then fizz round the bed having a daft half hour before we all snuggled up together for the night.  When he was feeling sleepy, he would snuggle up against the side of my head, and suckle on my earlobe until he fell asleep.   :Luv2: :Luv2:

Of course he's much too grown up for all that malarkey now.   :-:  I didnt even get a snoozle this morning when he came home.    :innocent:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2013, 08:11:05 AM »
I hope so :)

I'll no doubt be seeking advice for the first few nights, I'll be sleeping on the sofa with her :D

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2013, 23:10:16 PM »
She looks like she could stand lots of cuddles and personal attention and will most likely lap it up :rofl: :hug:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2013, 09:58:18 AM »
Thank you :) she's definitely pick of the litter! I would like a playmate for her but will have to see how's he settled and what landlord (and other half) will say! I've picked out a tree for her it's amazinggggg!!!!!

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2013, 05:12:11 AM »
My two for thirteen years fully together used to really enjoy playing and battling with each other but they came for attention all the time and were great mates. Not related but same age about 8 weeks when they moved in. Hardly ever bothered with toys because they climbed and broke everything they could which was much more fun for them :rofl: It was a madcap life and the dog adored them. He was about 14 when they turned up to boss him but he had a cat before that anyway. The kitten is lovely.  :Luv2:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2013, 18:05:46 PM »
Oh yes! He picked her and she picked him. We were sat on the floor and he said "I like that one mummy she looks like a tiger" and she came over to play with him :)

I firmly believe that the animal chooses you not the other way round :)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2013, 16:45:07 PM »
Tippy is a delishuss baby pusscat  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Has your 4 year old met her in purrson yet?

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2013, 12:10:46 PM »
I know it's heartbreaking isn't it :( I think more people would rescue if they made it easier, cuz lets face it the initial cost of a kitten is more than a dog!

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2013, 11:49:00 AM »
Ha, ha yes always worth a try :evillaugh: So many kittens, so few homes. 

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2013, 11:07:24 AM »
I agree, just thought I'd mention it as not everyone thinks about getting two. When I was younger I got cats on their own and that seems to be the what most people did. Actually they are great with their families and have a strong bond with their litter mates. People said thing like they won't give you any attention if you have two. I haven't found that to be the case at all.     

As you say getting a landlord to agree to any cats is a miracle.

Absolutely (and we still love ya for yer shameless sales tekneek  ;) :evillaugh: :hug:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2013, 09:56:31 AM »
Totally agree with you! Two kittens are good for the social development, but our landlord is a bit anti-pets so for him to agree to a cat is a miracle in itself!

She'll have me for company all day, as my son starts full time school in September, but she won't be neutered til August (4months old) so hoping she'll be we'll bonded with us by then :)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2013, 09:52:22 AM »
I agree, just thought I'd mention it as not everyone thinks about getting two. When I was younger I got cats on their own and that seems to be the what most people did. Actually they are great with their families and have a strong bond with their litter mates. People said thing like they won't give you any attention if you have two. I haven't found that to be the case at all.     

As you say getting a landlord to agree to any cats is a miracle.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2013, 07:14:08 AM »

Two is good - but one is definitely better than none at all......  ;)  :hug: :hug:  You do what you can, when you can.   :) 

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2013, 17:11:11 PM »
Thank you :) there are none left out this litter, and it's taken me 4years to persuade my landlord! If we feel that she needs a companion I'd probably go to a rescue, although if it was just me I'd have had two as a agree that playmates are good for them. Unfortunately I have a 4yr old so need to take him into account. Will see if my landlord will let us have another once Tippy is settled :)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2013, 20:01:00 PM »
She is beautiful.  :Luv:

Can I put a word in for two kittens. My two are brother and sister and after my experience with them I would alway get two if possible. They are so great together and it also takes some of the pressure off as they play and fight a lot. Before I got these two I hadn't had kitten for years and they can be pretty full on, I'd forgotten how full on. It might not be possible for you but thought I'd mention it as they are so lovely together and it means they have company when you are out. 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 16:49:51 PM by Mymblesdaughter »

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2013, 15:13:37 PM »
Awwww, what a beauty!

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2013, 14:44:30 PM »
Thank you  :Luv2:

Offline kittiesmom

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: scooby & tilly. My Wildcats.
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2013, 14:31:37 PM »
 :catluv: She is so gorgeous. I really am envious. :Luv2:
until you love a cat you haven't loved.

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2013, 14:11:15 PM »
Tippy update .... Here's a new pic (can you tell how excited I am lol)

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2013, 10:03:58 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, what a little beauty Tippy is and those kitten ears!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline cougarsmum

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Merlie, Squirrel and Cougar
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2013, 20:23:54 PM »
Hi Emily
Just seen the photos of Tippy - she's adorable!!! You must be so excited!!
Jude x

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2013, 11:19:27 AM »
Thanks BCL :)

Shes just adorable....she had her first meat meal at the weekend and bit her human mummys hand for more when she was taking the spoon away, little monkey! Her brother is a ginger and her sisters are all long haired torties but their colours are so beautiful, but she came to me first so she chose us :)

Offline Big Cat Lover

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lucky (also Tiger and Gypsy RIP)
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2013, 12:51:29 PM »
Hi Emily, welcome to Purrs! Tippy looks absolutely adorable, I can see why you can't wait to get her!  :)
Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
Just walk beside me and be my friend

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2013, 21:04:48 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2013, 17:03:33 PM »
Thank you :) don't worry I know about weaning to different foods, I'm quite happy for her to be on butchers cat food as long as her run agrees with it, in bursting to get her!! 4 more weeks to go!

Offline Alcatraz

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Butch and Sundance
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2013, 17:01:56 PM »
Sounds yummy  ;D

Remember, if you do change her diet (to anything else), to do so slowly and maybe mix in a little Butchers Choice so her tummy doesn't get upset.

Have fun with the little fluffball though, she really is a stunner!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2013, 17:01:16 PM »
You need to ask this question on the right bit of Purrs if you want loads of unput input........sigh
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 17:01:48 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2013, 16:58:27 PM »
Thanks Alcatraz :)

Her human mummy said she's trying them on butchers kitten food first? Tinned stuff, it's got vitamins and nutrients in it, will see how her tummy copes and look into it :)

Offline Alcatraz

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Butch and Sundance
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2013, 16:55:45 PM »
Question - when do they start on solids and does anyone have any recommendations on food (including those to steer clear of)

Hi Emily

From memory it's 3-5 weeks they'll start on solids but I'll let someone more qualified confirm that.

I will throw my oar in on the suggestions for food subject though and say it's worth considering a raw diet as an option.  It's easy to do, healthy and closely imitates their natural diet.  I wrote an article on the subject here:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,42407.msg755107.html#msg755107

Obviously for the babies you'll need to chop their food into smaller chunks until their teeth and jaws are used to the food and be careful with bigger bones but it's a good option.

It'll also help with horrible kitten poos!   :sick:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2013, 14:52:35 PM »
Question - when do they start on solids and does anyone have any recommendations on food (including those to steer clear of)

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2013, 13:26:07 PM »
Aaw bless them! I love the 'reprobate' cats, they have amazing personalities!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2013, 12:49:39 PM »
We had our two when they were very young (too young in fact, but that's another story). I didn't think that Chivvy (a ginger boy) would make old bones because he was hit by a car (we presume) when he was two, he lost a back leg and broke his jaw in two places. I thought that he would probably suffer from arthritis as he got older but he really had very few problems right up until the end ( probable lymphoma). Punky (tortie girl) outlived him by a year and also went downhill very quickly at the end.

The current incumbent is around 18 months old, we don't know for sure, I hope he manages to reach such an advanced age too!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2013, 21:56:25 PM »
Wow slugs, that's worth celebrating  :dance: My 14 yo? He's just my last kitten, I have a 17 year old and another at 15 still going strong too, but they weren't kittens when I acquired them.  ;)

Link to CatChat