Author Topic: Help with agressive mother cat please. Thinks shes scared poor love x  (Read 7158 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
She is very scared and vunrable and will protect her babies no matter how nice you are to her

Does she have a space to hide - our feral Mums have like hooded beds so they are safe on 3 sides and can see out of only one entrance they also seem to relax more

I also leave a radio on in the background - jazz FM so their is soft music and human chatting getting her used to human voices, another thing always come down on to the fllor nearer her level a standing human peering in a dog crate is very scarey

I deal mainly with feral Mums and kittens so speak from having had half of my face mauled by a Mum who thought I was being to nosey for her liking - have to say my last one Baku abandoned her kittens at 3 weeks old so bottle fed them sadly lost 3 out of 4 to fading kitten syndrome at 7 weeks but the Boris made it somehow and when she sees him she wants nothing to do with him - The Boris is a sweetheart his Mum Baku is work in progress
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline KH81

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Freddie ,Frank ,Sam ,Baby ,Bobby , Scrappy.
Thanks for the reply. She is a good mother ,they seem to be thriving ,least thats not a worry. Im just at risk of attack ,lol. She's more like a lioness than a kitty. She's a beautiful girl though ,hope we get past this x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
I have never been involved in anything like this but suspect she is scared and just protecting her kittens.

As long as they are feeding and getting bigger, I would just take things very slowly.

Offline KH81

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Freddie ,Frank ,Sam ,Baby ,Bobby , Scrappy.
Help with agressive mother cat please. Thinks shes scared poor love x
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 10:51:13 AM »
Hello. I was wondering if any of you have had foster cats come in with their new born kittens who have been aggressive to humans ,i'e literally flying at me in full attack ,lol. Mummy cat has clearly been through a lot bless her . Her kittens were not born here but i know they were born on friday so are only 3 days old. Mummy cat has a quiet room for her self and kittens ,no one else allowed in. Her nest is a dog crate ( large one ) but no locked doors ,its open for her ,with blankets over the top for her to feel safer. Its comfy with pillows for a mattress and nice fleecy blanket. Im experienced in cat births but always have built a relationship up before birth ,never came across this before. I feel so bad for her, what advice would some of you give please ? if you have been through a similar thing. Thanks for reading .

Link to CatChat