Cat Health & Behaviour > For Disabled Cats

2 weeks in

<< < (4/4)

Kay and Penny:
his reaction seems quite normal to me, given that cats in the wild mark their territory with urine - so when he smells Jezabel's he is naturally wary - so another thing you could try is adding some of his used litter to her tray, and vice versa, to mix the scents up

another thing you could try, assuming it's an open litter tray, is swapping it with a covered one, to minimise the smell of the litter

princesskasren:
...there's really no need to be snappy and I have no problem being wrong and people pointing it out.

princesskasren:

--- Quote from: Gill (sneakiefeline) on May 04, 2013, 13:03:01 PM ---Which bit of do things very slowly do you not understand?

This could take months not a few days.

Yes you are forcing it too much, just let Oscar take his own time

--- End quote ---

Ummm it hasn't just been a few days and I understand it will take more time. I am not talking here about introducing them but just ketting Oscar explore more of the house bvut he cannot do that if he won't even go past the litterbox so i thought there was something i could do to habituate him to the smell...that is all.

Gill (sneakiefeline):
Which bit of do things very slowly do you not understand?

This could take months not a few days.

Yes you are forcing it too much, just let Oscar take his own time

princesskasren:
So today I tried to let Oscar go to the end of the hallway and downstairs again but as soon as he got to the ened he started yowling and growling and I think it's because that's where Jezabel's litterbox is. No point in moving it I mean let's be honest the whole house smells like her but this si  the first time he has had such a strong reaction to it. He just wouldn't move and I had to pick him up and take him back to his room and he is now sittin on my lap as I type this.
So...what's the deal? I have been mixing scents and he's sleeping in one of her old cat beds. She has been in his room numerous times and he has been to the end of the hallway before. Maybe her scent is just really strong today? I have even started leaving his door open at night but keeping the mesh screen up so no-one can get in or out.
I was thinking of maybe getting a plastic tub and just put a little of Jezabel's used litter in the bottom and stick it in a corner of his room? OR is that forcing the issue too much?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version