Author Topic: Sneaky kitty!  (Read 2862 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Sneaky kitty!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 16:56:10 PM »
I didnt notice Jezabel until Sheila mentioned it but Oscar looks so peaceful.

Yes I think the confinement probable upsets Oscar in a carrier but they are both doing well, so keep up the good work  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 16:34:18 PM »
Sounds very promising to me! A beautiful pair and Oscar looks very content there  :Luv2:

Offline princesskasren

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Jezabel
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 16:16:55 PM »
Oh Oscar is sooo sweet!  :Luv2: I had to look twice before I spotted Jezabel scowling from the back of the shot, though.  :sneaky:

I'm sure this is a very good sign that she's interested but not openly aggresive now. The hissing is a natural part of feline relationships, we have little hissy fits every day when someone or other gets on someone elses nerves, but it almost never escalates.

Glad this is going smoothly so far and Oscar is finding his place in your world.  ;D

As for his carrier what type do you have? I wonder if a top-loader would suit him better? This is the one I have and it's so much less hassle getting them in and out than the traditional side loader. Wouldn't rely on the shoulder strap, though - bad design but the rest of the carrier is marvellous!

Yep I have a top loader one as well. I guess putting Oscar in the carrier would more so Jez feels safe to come in and explore his room but apparently she feels safe doing taht anyways as lomg as he is ASLEEP...but as soon as he moves she runs out of the room. I read somewhere to put both cats in carriers and put them down beside each other but that seems pointless with a blind cat as he won't be able to see Jez. They do both eat about a foot away from each other separated by the mesh screen but as soon as they are done tehy growl and retire to their own corners!!! I am sure it will still take a while and I think Oscar will be the one that slows down the process as I don't think he is very socialized to other animals or people. I did just get him to manage going downstairs again but I had to lure him back up with a dish of food!!! LOL

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 16:11:57 PM »
Oh Oscar is sooo sweet!  :Luv2: I had to look twice before I spotted Jezabel scowling from the back of the shot, though.  :sneaky:

I'm sure this is a very good sign that she's interested but not openly aggresive now. The hissing is a natural part of feline relationships, we have little hissy fits every day when someone or other gets on someone elses nerves, but it almost never escalates.

Glad this is going smoothly so far and Oscar is finding his place in your world.  ;D

As for his carrier what type do you have? I wonder if a top-loader would suit him better? This is the one I have and it's so much less hassle getting them in and out than the traditional side loader. Wouldn't rely on the shoulder strap, though - bad design but the rest of the carrier is marvellous!

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_carriers_travel/plastic_cat_crates/small_crates/46453

Offline princesskasren

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Jezabel
Sneaky kitty!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 10:59:47 AM »
So little Jezabel is sooo sneaky. It is difficult getting in and out of Oscar's room with all my goods and chattels...undoing the mesh screen from its hooks then redoing it all the time trying to keep an eye on Oscar so he won't sneak out and Jez so she won't sneak IN!!! So yesterday I put Oscar on the bed so I didn't have to watch him as when you put him on the bed he just settles down...which he did and promptly fell asleep. I set up the laptop on the other side of the bed and started watching a dvd and then heard a strange scratching noise. I look up and Jez was in the room with us...climbing her scratching post. I didn't want to get anyone excited or startled so I watched to see what she would do and she sat down and watched Oscar sleep from afar but with a severe look in her ey as Oscar is sleeping in HER favourite sunny spot. She didn't miaow or hissiand of course Oscar had no idea she was there....lol. She eventually got bored and sleepy and as she got down off her perch she sort of fell the last few inches and miaowed out loud as if to say..."Yeah, I meant to do that." and then she butter off. Oscar has been eating his food on the other side of the screen when she eats hers and he is hissing less and less so maybe this weekend we can have a meeting when they are both CONSCIOUS!!! They do still hiss at each other at random moments if they meet through the mesh screen and they both usually run away.

I have tried once to put Oscar i his carrier but he hates it. I think being blind and confined is confusing.
I shouldn't be to discouraged though right? It can take more than 2 weeks for them to get used to each other I hope.

Link to CatChat