Author Topic: Found - black small long hair Brookvale Runcorn  (Read 4503 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Found - black small long hair Brookvale Runcorn
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 18:56:38 PM »
That is wonderful Stezzle and like you say this was meant to happen and am sure Katie guided her to you  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Licky, Fudge, Sugar, Candy (RIP Miss C)
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 18:46:14 PM »
Licky has decided we can keep her. He has been playing with her for a good few days. He still hisses at her when she runs after his tail, jumps on his head or eats his food. I think she is just a bit obsessed with him, like a teenage crush. Licky T4 levels are stable and he is doing amazing and with the weather being nice, he is just more active, got tons of weight on and just himself. Oh and he turned 15 years old yday. :)

We have booked her in for spay on the 2nd of May through the PDSA and we havent let her outside since the vet said she needed doing. I do not mind paying for it and am going to donate cat food and other bits to them. She is defo a 'she' and the vet said that she is in good health apart from her watery eye. Its cleared up after i have been cleaning it regularly for a few days and it now just waters every once in a while. She also slept for the first few days. So the vets think she was out longer than we regularly first thought. I have noticed some odd behaviour. She sleeps on the bathroom floor, when she has full roam of the house and we have plenty of good sleeping spots. Its like she is scared to sleep anywhere else. She only sleeps outside the bathroom when it is with Licky on his pillow. I hope this is not something from the previous owner but i am sure we can teach her to trust us and share our home. She only eats dry food mainly and i dont think she is use to the idea of being fed through out the day. She is already litter trained, but no one is coming forward for the beautiful little girl so we are keeping her.

On a positive note, she have learnt how to be hand fed, cat carrier and cat lead. We are also teaching her about grooming considering she is long haired and my partner is teaching her tricks.

and lastly.....We lost our beloved Granny cat Katie last October and we said we would not get another cat but I think this was meant to be.

We have called her Missy....Kissy Missy as she is always giving my partner tons of kisses. :)  :Luv2:

Thank you guys for all your comments and advice. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 18:47:14 PM by Stezzle »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 20:54:28 PM »
Aw poor Licky. :care:

Keep an eye on her though, if she's not neutered she is old enough to fall pregnant and that would be terrible for her as she's too young to be having kittens safely, and heaven knows there are enough unwanted cats around already.  :scared:

Can we perhaps help with getting her spayed as a stray? The RSPCA do a voucher scheme for strays that allow free neutering. Have you thought of a name for her yet? If you can't keep her and no-one turns up to claim her, do let us know, we'll try to help out.  :hug:

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 20:47:54 PM »
She has no chip, not preg or neut. I am dont sure that we will keep her forever as my older cats are not impressed. My licky has thyroid problems so that is my prime concern. If he says np then its a no. Xx

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 20:01:36 PM »
Has she seen the vet? At her tender age she may be pregnant and needs to be chip scanned. Good luck.

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 19:31:32 PM »
Nearly been a week since we think it has left its home. Been intouch with all local and national missing pets but nothing. Going to give in another week but she will remain we use as our cats dont seem fussed apart from the odd hiss when she tries to play woth his tail or eat out of hos bowl with him. Its more a telling off hiss. Hehe. Xxx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 19:58:29 PM »
I have added the area to the title, hope you find its owner

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
Found - black small long hair Brookvale Runcorn
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 11:29:31 AM »
Hi, my cat brought a little friend home last night. Its a small black long hair. We think its roughly 5-8months. We are based in Brookvale area of Runcorn. We believe to be female and are currently arranging a vet check as it has a weepy eye. Please get in touch if you know anything. We think its been out for two nights and its still cold out. We will continue to feed it and at present trying to make it warm and safe. Again we would love to find its family. I will post a pictire when i get home from work. X
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 19:57:51 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Link to CatChat