Author Topic: Is anyone up please? Worried about Winston , now got a bad eye ! Back to the vets tonight .  (Read 7007 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Is anyone up please? Worried about Winston
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 12:48:24 PM »

Aw, poor Winston.  He'll not have liked having a chaperone on his potter-about, that's for sure.   :-:

Not sure, but could perhaps be a cause - they can be troublesome little blighters (ganglions, not Winston!)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 12:26:58 PM »
I think there is a very slight improvement . Mary has been sending Reiki for him too.
He is a stubborn old so and so as he insisted on going out the front garden, I went with him and he wasn't happy I did ! He pottered along a few doors and then came back , he has just eaten and had his metacam.
Have rang the vet and waiting him to ring back ,that won't be till early evening or this afternoon as he does surgery in the mornings and operations.
I wondered if it was a ganglion ? They apparently come up quickly and he isn't one to jump up on places much . Its baffling to what happened , wish I knew .

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 07:13:08 AM »

How is Winston this morning Gillian?  Topping up the positive vibes, and hoping he's much better.   :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 18:09:17 PM »
Vibes from me too, brave boy xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 13:12:16 PM »
lots of good vibes for Winstins leg and very sensible to get it xrayed on Monday if he stii in so much pain and its still swollen  :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 08:08:29 AM »

Sending lots of positive vibes for Winston from me and young Master Ross xx

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 01:27:18 AM »
Thanks , yes I think he had over heated as he had stayed there too long.
He is eating ok and somehow managed to get up and down the stairs , but is still hobbling and in pain.
If he is still the same Monday ,I will be booking in him for an x ray .
I slept on the sofa last night as he was on the rug next to it . Didn't get much sleep as kept checking him every 10 mins !
Still need the vibes for his leg though please.

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 23:13:44 PM »
a good few years ago one of my stable cats had been at home as he was unwell, and when he was better I took him back to the stables in my car. Unfortunately it was one of the hottest days of the year and I didn't have the windows open, always worried that if he escaped he would get out. I drove down the A2, was about 1/2 hr journey, and when I came off the A2, I looked round at Bill and he was panting really badly, with his mouth wide open and very distressed! I put my foot down, and ignored the speed limits as I needed to get him out of the car. That was until a police car saw  me and chased me with blue lights and sirens :-[ and pulled me over just outside the stables. I gabbled to them about my cat struggling to breathe in the back, because of being in a hot car, they looked in and saw him then luckily theyjust gave me a warning and let me go. Once he was out of the car in the fresh air, he calmed down, i rubbed him down with a wet towel and he was right as rain after about 1/2 hour. was one of the most scariest things  in my life! Bet the police had a giggle later tho, as i had a Lada car, which were never built for speed :evillaugh: it sounds to me like Winston just got overheated by the fire, hope he feels better soon and his leg heals ok :Luv:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 23:15:27 PM by heather sullivan »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 13:25:56 PM »
Glad to hear this. I wonder if there's something else troubling him as we'll as that leg? is it possible he fell and has other injuries your vet hasn't picked up on? Perhaps call your vet and ask if he can be re-examined? Hope he continues to improve and you can get some rest now too.  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 13:09:24 PM »
Hope the swelling is going down and loads of goodd vibes for Winston  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 09:40:01 AM »
I think he got a bit overheated as I put him near the fire and he never moved .
He was a bit better in himself later and ate a bit .
I slept beside him on the sofa all night, he has got up and had a wee this morning and giving him some more food and metacam.
His leg is still bad , so will see you it is later today.
I did ring the vet last night too at 1 am ,
The penicillin injection might have made him feel a bit odd too .
Still need the healing vibes for his leg please , wish I knew what he had done though .

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 09:37:21 AM »
Hope you've managed to speak to the vet and that Winston is ok  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 07:00:16 AM »

Gill, sending lots of positive vibes your way.  Hoping you've managed to get hold of the Vet.   :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 04:51:09 AM »
 Have you managed to speak to the vet Gill. Hope Winston is feeling better. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 02:09:09 AM »
If he's unresponsive I'd definitely get him to the vet. poor lamb I hope he's just a little dehydrated.  :hug:

EDIT just spotted your other post Gillian, there's a chance the abscess on his leg may have more serious implications. I'd call the 24 hour vet to be on the safe side and tell them what meds he had yesterday in case he's had a negative reaction or something.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 01:25:39 AM »
I have pmed you and think you should get him to the vet,,,,its best cos you would never forgive yourself if something happened cos you didnt  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Always best to be safe than sorry

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
He hasn't moved from the fire for about 5 hours and he has started opening his mouth , panting ?
Has he got too hot? Have syringes him some water , but he is still doing it . Should I ring the vet ?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 14:45:16 PM by bunglycat »

Link to CatChat