Author Topic: Hi i'm new to this forum  (Read 7249 times)

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
Re: Hi i'm new to this forum
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 19:54:40 PM »
Hi Jen  :welcome: to Purrs.

Pleased to hear you are doing the right thing and having Cookie spayed when she has finished weaning the kittens  :)

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Dotty and Blue. My other lovelies Dixie,Jasper & Rosie R.I.P
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 18:48:53 PM »
You are very welcome, glad I can help. It is a worrying time when its her's and your first litter but i'm sure she will be fine and I'm sure you'll look after them wonderfully, you must be very excited as I am for you, I do feel though that she may have them on your bed if that is where she is favouring. Many years ago I had Mammy which I hand reared from a kitten after her mother got killed who decided that she wanted to bring up her litter behind the TV cabinet, I had made her a lovely cosy nest but no she decided that behind the cabinet was far better. It took me many days of moving them from her favoured nest to the cosy bed and she would take them back again when I was out.....little monkey......but eventually she knew that her Mummy knew best and settled in the cosy bed. If you have another cat in the household you may find that she may hide the kittens and become abit protective over them. Thinking of you all.... :hug:

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: cookie
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 17:40:13 PM »
thanx dottyybb you have been a great help.cookie is still eating and drinking but i have noticed today she has only been having little bits also she keeps going on my bed  on the same spot next to my pillows she keeps cleaning down next to her vigina she keeps cleaning her legs .i am glad you said any day this week  or early next week cose i was worried she was nearly over due.i rang my vet they said not to worry at the moment as theres not much they can do i just have to wait he also said they should come any day know and to ring if anything other problems happen but at the moment she is fine.im looking forward to them arriving she seems different today so hope its today so atleast once there here i know shes fine and the kittens are.

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 15:15:24 PM »
Sorry Jen65, I forgot to mention that the gestation time is between 9-10 weeks so from her last heat, it works out that she is due anytime this week to beginning of next.

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 15:09:29 PM »
Hi Jen65, I only asked about the possibility just so I could get a better idea of the dates.  Can I ask if Cookie is still eating and drinking ok? If you are worried, just for peace of mind I would give your vet a call and pop her in for a check up. But if you prefer to wait have a look at this video on utube Cat in Labor Gives Birth (graphic) What to Expect When your Cat is Expecting, it will give you a better idea on how close she is. Let us know when new arrivals make an appearance.

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 13:44:02 PM »
hi dottyybb you have been a great help.when realised cookie was pregnant i confronted the owner of the male cat and through constantly asking her she eventualy add mitted he wasnt neutered and she only said he was cose she had no one else to look after him.i managed to keep her in cose every time i opened the front door i would lock her in the dinning room with her litter food and water then when the door was shut i would let her out of the dinning room she was only a week away from getting spayed i cant believe some body would lie like that a thought she was a friend it makes me very upset im not angry just upset .i love my cat cookie and i will take good care of her and her kittens.as soon as she has her kittens i am booking her in for 7weeks after to get spayed.thanks for everyones help and advice i realy appreciate it.if she was in heat the week beggining the 28th january when will the kittens be ready to come? i looked this morning there is  more orange red discharge on her vigina i dont think the mucus plug has come out yet would i have seen it or wii she clean it away?how long after tje mucus lug come out will birth happen? sorry tjeres more questions i just want to know as much as possible so im prepered.thanks

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 10:39:42 AM »
I perfectly agree that no un-neutered cat should be let outside freely as from the forum and other coverage that it is quite clear that there are far, far too many unwanted, abandoned cats and kittens in this country where neutering is widely available via many discounted veterinary schemes and charities that no one who is responsible should leave their beloved pets open to disease and unwanted pregnancies. I applaud your passion and caring for your cats.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 10:23:36 AM »
of course accidents happen and of course not everyone can afford cat proofing (although we did it ourselves for £100 rather than paying someone) but all cats should be neutered, neutering makes for happier and healthier cats all round and if people can't afford neutering there are lots of things set up to help them, I just arranged for a family member to get a cat neutered for £5, they are in London so normally it would be about £65 - Jens case is a bit different in that her cat didn't get out but my point is letting unspayed females outside regularly isn't a good thing, if you think I'm wrong we will agree to disagree I think!

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 10:15:17 AM »
A Cat proofed Garden? Very good, nice to see another responsible owner, but Dawn F you must remember not everyone can afford to do that with their gardens, responsible owners do have there cats neutered, but accidents do happen, no matter how careful and diligent you are trying to keep them indoors.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 10:04:37 AM »
I have a cat proofed garden and 4 neutered cats so even if they did escape it wouldn't really matter

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 10:02:47 AM »
Cats are wonderful Houdini's you know..........If you have an indoor cat who has never escaped once, please tell me how you do it Dawn F ????????? I'm intrigued..........

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 09:55:51 AM »
surely nobody would put an unspayed female outside

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 09:43:35 AM »
Hi Jen65. The reddy,orangy discharge is just a sign that she is due soon and from what you say with her following you around also. if she will allow you just get a piece of damp tissue and help her clean a bit in that area, but if she is not happy for you to do that don't mess with her as it will only stress her out and she will clean herself up when after her tummy has gone down. She will begin to cry alot when the contractions start and you will see her tummy move in like a rippling motion but don't be alarmed, this is normal, it's only the kittens moving into the right position.  My babies sleep with me so she will let you know when she is ready believe me, but she may just surprise you and have them on your bed I'm afraid, that has happened to me before now but heyho thats what washing machines are for.....Ha Ha. On another note, after reading your full blog I noticed that the tom cat that you were looking after was supposed to be neutered are you sure that he wasn't? Or does Cookie usually go out?

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 21:22:36 PM »
Hi dottyybb i am so greatfull for your advice she has dry dark red stuff on her vigina what is that she finds it difficult to clean herself at the moment she just rolls onto her side.she is still sleeping lots but has been following me around.i have put her nesting box in the room i sleep in as she sleeps in there every night with me she looks at the nesting box and she got in it the other night butshe just sleeps on my bed.

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
Re: Hi i'm new to this forum too
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 20:23:30 PM »
Hi there,

I hope Cookie is coping OK. In the past I have had the pleasure of several litters, not personally but my babies have. From the sounds of things she seems close so do not let her go out as she will be looking for a nesting site soon, anywhere quiet, warm and secure would be good for her.One of my little girls  from years ago waited for me to come home from work before she gave birth but I knew she was in labour before I left because I could see her tummy moving but she waited for me to return and I held her paw as each one showed itself to the world. Try not to worry, she will be fine, just keep an eye on her and if you are with her, just show her her babies when they are free from the birth canal so she can wash them. Keep me updated on her progress.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 16:17:26 PM »
jen most of us will not have experience of this as most of us have neutered pets, there are a few rescue people on here who will know but they don't come on often as are busy as I'm sure you can imagine, I'd ring your vet if you are concerned they should be able to help over the phone

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 16:04:37 PM »
could anyone answer this question for me my cat cookie is pregnant due any day know she sleeps alot and eats alot today i noticed dryed on to her viginai a red orange discharge what is this?she is showing no other signs of labour yet.is this a sign she will give birth soon?

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 22:13:50 PM »
thanks greenlaner. :
: :oolala:

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 16:14:43 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: Hi and hope you enjoy Purrs :welcome:

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 12:50:50 PM »
cookie is 2years old know.she was a week away from getting spayed when my friend asked me to lopk after her male cat which she said was neutered.so.i.agreed to look after him then 5 weeks after that she had a big belly.2weeks ago i felt the kittens moving 1week ago i could see them moving she could have  got pregnant any time in the week  starting 28th january.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 01:54:42 AM »
How old is she ? Do you know who fathered the kittens ?
Was the pregnancy planned ?
A bit more info if poss please.

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 20:59:12 PM »
hi to everyone who welcomed me.i have another question my cat hasnt slept much today and normaly she sleeps all day she wakes up eats and goes to the litter them goes back to sleep but today she has been eating but she has been wondering around the house our she just lies awake also she has been cleaning herself alot  she has been attacking my other cat.do you thnink she will have her kittens soon

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 14:54:50 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 02:51:09 AM »
Was it planned?

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
  • In loving memory of my beloved Butch 1998-2010
  • Slave to: Fudge & Ariel
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 21:06:57 PM »
to Purrs Jen, lots of friendly peeps here with lots of advice if needed.
I had a cat years ago and she gave birth under my duvet cover, probably because it was dark and no-one was there.
Is her nesting box in a dark quiet place? maybe she will use it when the time comes. how exciting though you must keep us updated on her progress.
The Purrs 2013 Christmas Auction is now on!
All funds donated to Feral & Stray Foundation  - starts 17th November to 1st Dec 
Will you be a bidder, or donate something to auction - or both?!

Den22

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 20:29:17 PM »
 does anyone know why my cat won't use her nesting box?

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
Hi i'm new to this forum
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 20:07:53 PM »
Hi I'm new to this forum i have a cat called cookie she is pregnant at the mom so excited ent due any day know I'm so excited.    :'(

Link to CatChat