Author Topic: Hi i'm new to this forum  (Read 7248 times)

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Dotty and Blue. My other lovelies Dixie,Jasper & Rosie R.I.P
Re: Hi i'm new to this forum
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2013, 15:37:15 PM »
I have been wondering too....I hope that they are all OK. I think that she may just have wanted advice and she is probably busy with her extended family now..... ;) :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2013, 23:45:38 PM »
no

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2013, 21:49:41 PM »
Wonder what's happening with these kittens? Have we heard from Jen since the kittens were born?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2013, 17:26:13 PM »
They maybe but the title needs to reflect this if jen wants the post to be read  :innocent:

Only jen can change it unless she asks a mod to do it

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2013, 17:21:42 PM »
Hi Gill, I see what you mean but the kittens are new to the Forum........ :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2013, 17:16:17 PM »
This thread really needs to change its name.................to do so go to your first post and change the title, the do a new post and that will activate the new title

Offline kittiesmom

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: scooby & tilly. My Wildcats.
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2013, 15:08:21 PM »
 :congrats: :Party 3:   Well Done little mummy. :catluv:
until you love a cat you haven't loved.

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2013, 22:04:11 PM »
Congratulations :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2013, 21:19:20 PM »
Very much hoping mom and babies are well and settling down  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2013, 11:50:35 AM »
Hi Jen,

Hope you don't mind, moved this to Health and Behaviour so people can give you a little more input. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2013, 06:49:07 AM »
Thats good that they are pretty much equal size. I hope that everyone is ok, i'm sure you all need a good rest it can exhausting for you all. Six is a good number for a 1st litter and sounds like she coped well, bless her little cotton socks........Forgive me if I'm telling you something that you may already know but Cookie will need extra food now with her producing mlk for the kittens, I used to feed mine 4 times a day until the kittens were eating solids and were about 6-7 weeks old. When you do start weaning the kittens try to give them kitten food as adult cat food can be a bit rich and give them an upset tummy but that's a few weeks away yet.  :hug:

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: cookie
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2013, 21:52:26 PM »
there is 5 know i think there might be 1 more still to come i have put 2 on her teats bit she wont stop cleaning them so she keeps nocking them off so im going to keep trying.thete all small theres a little sizr difference but much

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2013, 20:58:31 PM »
Are the kittens big? As she may well have a couple of bigger kittens and a couple of smaller ones....I'm sure she will settle once she feels clean again, just check that they are all feeding as sometimes the bigger ones shove out the smaller ones and they can get neglected by mum so you may have to remind Cookie about the smaller ones just put them on a teat for her, but must of the time they get there fair share of milk.   :)

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2013, 20:42:07 PM »
she has had number 3 it iis black i think there is still more cose her belly hasnt went yet there trying to feed know but cookie keeps moving and cleaning .

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2013, 20:22:34 PM »
That's fantastic news........They have come quick. I think she will have maybe 3 or 4, this is usual for the first litter. I am so glad that she is doing OK and I bet you are feeling relieved too..... Are they feeding? as this will stimulate the others to come along.. :hug:

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2013, 20:15:49 PM »
she has give birth so far to 2 grey kittens she ate the after births and cut the cords her belly is still big so theres going to be more.

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2013, 19:39:41 PM »
That is what she is doing just like we would. As with us the contractions will get stronger and closer together and you will see the kittens move down her tummy as a cats uterus is like a tube where all the kittens lie nose to tail and dependant on how big she is will give you a good idea on how many she might be having. It will take a couple of hours for all of the kittens to be born so you could be in for a long night I'm afraid... :hug: I will keep checking the postings everything seems to normal and soon you will have mini cookies.....Bless your partner for taking the kids out.... :hug:

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2013, 19:27:51 PM »
thanks dottyybb you have really calmed me down.she has been laying relaxing and just as i am wrighting this her belly has started moving agaon its lile she is pushing do tje contractions look like that?

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2013, 19:10:56 PM »
Hi Jen65, Yes drips of blood are normal, it should not be too far away now. Glad you have children, if you think back to your experiences, it's the same basically just that she may have a few more at one time...... :hug:

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2013, 19:07:12 PM »
there is little drips of blood is that ok?she is pushing again.im in by myself my  partner has took the kids to the park to keep the house quiet for her.

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2013, 19:02:46 PM »
Hi Jen65, it can take up to a hour for the 1st kitten to be delivered. Is her stomach still moving? It is quite traumatic to watch but as soon as the the 1st one comes it does get easier believe me. If you feel that it is upsetting you too much, leave her for 10 minutes and then go back to her. Is there anyone there with you?  :hug:

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2013, 18:51:02 PM »
she keeps crying at me iv been stroking her and talking to her.how long after waters break do contractions start she hasnt had any yet she just keeps pushing then brown water comes out.

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2013, 18:38:42 PM »
Yes everything is normal, just try to stroke her if she is happy for you to do this if not just speak to her to reassure her that she is ok and having some babies..... take deep breaths love........ :hug:

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2013, 18:33:41 PM »
more waters comming out know.

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2013, 18:32:18 PM »
it is very scary.she is just laying there know is this normal?Thanx again dottyybb

Offline kittiesmom

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: scooby & tilly. My Wildcats.
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2013, 18:29:12 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:   A warm welcome to you and Cookie. Hope everything is going Okay.    :hug:     :catluv:    :yesss:  GOOD LUCK.
until you love a cat you haven't loved.

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2013, 18:27:23 PM »
Don't worry Jen65 all this is normal, she if feeling quite uncomfortable now but after the 1st one is born she will settle a bit.

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2013, 18:25:17 PM »
Jen65.....When you get a moment have a look at the following link www.2ndchance.info/felinelabor.htm. It will give you a good idea on what to expect.

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2013, 18:22:45 PM »
yes she is still in her box she keeps looking at me and meowing and i can see her stomac moving also she cant sit still.

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2013, 18:17:00 PM »
Hi Jen65. Her waters have broken, it shouldn't be too long now. Is she still in her nest?

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2013, 18:13:00 PM »
brown water is leaking from her is this normal?could you answer this quick please thanx

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2013, 17:46:21 PM »
Good luck Cookie

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2013, 16:50:56 PM »
Hi Jen65. If her tummy is moving the contractions have already started, they will get stronger as in human childbirth. Her tummy will look like it's squeezing when the contractions are at the strongest and this is when she will cry and push, you will see this but don't worry this is normal. She is showing trust in you with her following you about as she sees you as her mum so try to stay with her if you can because it will relax her. I will keep checking for your postings. Try not to panic when they do start arriving it will be fine.... :hug:

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2013, 16:45:35 PM »
cookie is back in her nesting box scratching around and purring if i move away from  the box and she cant see me she gets out of the box and lies down close to me.im  sotting right next to her box a.d shes meowing and purring so ill just sit right next to her is that ok our do i have to leave the room and let her get on with it cose things iv been reading say lock her in the room and leave her

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2013, 16:31:44 PM »
Hi dottyybb i can see the kittens moving aroumd alot cookie  has been in and out of the nest she is sleeping next to the window at the minute.i went down stairs to make a cuppa she followed me and then she followed me back to the bedroom.i think this is the beggining she is not eating she keeps taking sips of her water i have put everything she needs into the bedroom im just sitting on the bed watching the tv.how long is it before contractions start?thanx dottyybb i will keep you posted will you keep checling  this post incase i need your help thanx again you are the best :thanks:.

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2013, 15:00:36 PM »
Hi Jen65, This is it.......Keep an eye on her now and watch for her tummy to start moving like I said the other day. I am sure she will be fine, she will lie down when they are coming, the licking is acting like an inducer so don't worry it is helping.  :hug:

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2013, 13:41:35 PM »
i think cookies going to have her kittens today she is in her nesting box purring and scratching all of her beddinng up and she keeps moving around an licking herself is this the start of labour?

Offline jen65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 19:59:14 PM »
cookie hasnt give birth yet if she was in heat the week beggining28th january she could have got pregnant any time  that week when will she be over due.i thought she was going to have them last night she has been acting a bit strang so hopefully it will be the next phew days. she keeps licking down below thanks to everyone i will keep you posted.

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 21:33:22 PM »
Jen, just popping by to wish you and Cookie good luck

Mymblesdaughter - cat CSA could well teach irresponsible owners a thing or two! great idea for maintenance.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2013, 20:35:16 PM »
Sorry don't know anything about cats giving birth. Mine arrived aged 3 weeks with their Mum. Just wanted to say good luck.

Hope the Daddy cat (or his human mummy) is going to be paying maintenance as it's quite expensive bringing up kittens. 

Link to CatChat