Author Topic: Bonnie's looking sexier  (Read 5836 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Bonnie's not looking too sexy at the moment
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 20:12:44 PM »
Thanks everyone - she's a happy little cookie.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 18:25:04 PM »
Aww poor Bonnie - I hope she soon feels much better and her sore bit clears up xx
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 12:03:31 PM »
Sorry Mary, only just seen this.

Lots of get well soon vibes for Bonnie, she looks rather sweet in that collar. Drum would have had some sort of breakdown if she had to wear anything like that!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 20:25:50 PM »
Same collar as Billie Jo and they are wonderful  ;D

Billie Jo has 2 one canvas and one fake leather which is washable they have like a rubber inner tube in which you blow up so much nicer than the dreaded head trumpet which our vets sent Billie Jo home with - new vet discharged her and thought after the cost of her op it maybe a bit pricey on check up 2  days later she duly came home with one as I asked vets if they had one and no more nasty growly girl someone who can eat and jump and that is a bonus - she is off to the vets tomorrow to see if her stitches can come out along with Clio for T4 test and Xian feral for her mutant claw to be cut - I know my limitations :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 18:25:13 PM »
Sorry meant to send Bonnie loads of get well quick wishes  :hug: :hug:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 14:11:47 PM »
Aww poor Bonnie  :hug: although I do think she looks rather fetching in her inflatable collar!  Glad it's not coming between her and her dreamies  ;D  Keeping everything crossed her sore back gets better quickly.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 07:56:12 AM »
:get well: Bonnie :care:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 03:21:10 AM »
Thanks Rosella.  Doing ok with it so far, she's only tried scratching it off a few times.

Just hope it's not going to be like when I first got her from the RSPCA when she had the sores and had her tail removed. She was in the RSPCA getting treatment for 9 months and then I kept taking her back every few weeks, then months until it finally cleared up 2 years later. So yer you're right I doknow skin probs are hard to get rid of.

She's happy enough and not in any pain which is good, so fingers crossed.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 23:01:12 PM »
Aaaw poor baby  :care: :care: :care: 

Think you know skin probs are the very devil to get to the bottom of Mary but preventing the lovely Bonnie from interfering with it should really help.  Very much hope our beautiful girl gets used to the collar to allow healing to happen  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 21:39:17 PM »
Last time Amber had a lightshade thingy I slept on the settee as she was on my bed and I felt bad for trying to move her. Woke to find Amber had no collar and very stitches in her spay....

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 21:22:51 PM »
Cheers Tab and Carol.

Yes Carol I did get it from my vet - I thought she was gonna have a cone and when he showed me that I was well impressed.  He said it was inflatable.  It's got a zip and it goes around her neck and fastens with velcro.  When it comes off I'll have a look inside and see what it is.

At least when we go to bed tonight she won't know knock me out with it like she would with a cone on her.  :rofl:

Mary

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 21:17:50 PM »
Poor Bonnie - I hope she recovers soon.  :hug:  She doesn't look too sorry for herself in the pictures.  :shify:

Is that collar she is wearing the one that the vet put on?  If so you've got a very enlightened vet there Mary.  Most use the stupid cone-shaped, hard plastic Elizabethan collars that cats hate and struggle to eat when they're wearing. 

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 21:08:52 PM »
Awww thats so sad I hope she heals soon xxx

Amber has the vacs due next month and I know I have to do the shes getting old has white spots appearing and cant always jump on the side. Shes a similar age as in she moved in 1999 and was according to the vet around 1

I dont like to think of her being old as half the time shes being daft

Sending positive vibes to Bonnie xxx

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 20:54:22 PM »
yer she was 15 in December Gill.

Can't remember what she used to have but last visit he said he doesn't like giving them to older cats as it stays in their system for 6 months.

Mary

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 20:48:59 PM »
Surely Bonnie is not too old for anything?

I thought she was about the same age as Sasa who is 14........what injection is she apparenjtly too old for?

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Bonnie's looking sexier
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 20:24:58 PM »
About 4 weeks ago I had Bonnie at the vet cos a sore on her back reappeared after 5 years!

Vet said she's too old for the injections now so he gave her cream and tablets - not worked so took her back today.

No more tablets but to continue withthe cream and gave me some lotion to clean the sore with first.

BUT, he also shaved some fur off to make it easier for me to clean and add the cream AND put a band around her neck to stop her from licking it off and hopefuly the cream will work.  Take her back next Thursday. 

She does look sorry for herself BUT it's not stopping her eating the Dreamies  ;) :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 20:19:52 PM by maryas »

Link to CatChat