Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 4640 times)

Offline Teapot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Vinnie
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 19:22:00 PM »
 :shocked: That sounds like a fair bundle to look after. I bet they're glad to have you. We felt like we had our hands full with just two kitties :rofl: Although part of that was that Terry was getting a wee bit forgetful in his old age and Suzie liked to take advantage so we had to have our eyes open at all times.

Even being at Sunny Harbour for the short time we visited (well, it was over an hour, but it didn't feel like long :innocent:) you can tell how much they love and care for all the kitties in their care. It's amazing. And of course, without them we would never be getting ready to welcome Vinnie  :Luv2:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 11:19:18 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs another lucky person with a Harbour baby - we have one here at the Clan cats Miss Gigi Skye a torbie who had a very rough start and is now nearly 3 years down the line very much her Mummy's girl  ;D

There is something about the Harbour babies and I know how much Sarah and Paul put in to rehabilitating thise that need it and looking after all the waifs and strays

Hope his arrival goes well ;D

We are based about 20 miles north of Aberdeen so if you need a cat fix when up this way let me know as I have a rather larger than average family  :shocked: and their pets my 3 Border Collies Sky, Sunny and Mistral = All the Clan cats are rescues or ferals not for the feint hearted :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Teapot

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 11:05:37 AM »
Thanks :) He is very sweet. I can't believe he's coming tomorrow. I'm on my way back to Edinburgh after spending the weekend with my parents near Aberdeen so I can be there.

My mum says we're crazy for getting another cat, but she said it in a way that made it clear that it's a good kind of crazy, so that's fine :rofl: Neither of my parents are really "pet people". We had a cat (Minx) when I was a teenager, but he adopted us after deciding that our house was nicer than living with his owner's five dogs so we didn't really have much of a choice :evillaugh: He was a big softie though, so even my dad was won round fairly quickly :)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 15:21:08 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Yay another success for Sunny Harbour.  I'm so pleased Vinnie has found his forever home  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Scooby

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Hugo / Gilbert
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 14:09:18 PM »

:welcome:
Aw he's so sweet :Luv:   
Poor little man.  What a horrible start he's had  :(  However he seems to have landed on his paws now - how exciting not long before he's home!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 14:09:47 PM by Scooby »

Offline Teapot

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 09:58:42 AM »
It is really thorough. One of the things that reassured us that Sunny Harbour was a good choice, even if it was a wee bit further away from us.

Tuesday is indeed the big day. Not long now :)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 09:42:15 AM »
Just looked at the application form on Sunny Harbour website.  Nice and thorough isn't it?  :)

Think you said Tuesday is big day  :wow:  Dead jealous ...........

Offline Teapot

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 09:36:09 AM »
His reputation precedes him :)

We were honestly sure that somebody else would have given him a home by the time we finished filling out the application. We feel super lucky when we consider how popular he is on Sunny Harbour's facebook page :) Wee charmer that he is :Luv:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:30:34 AM by Teapot »

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 10:53:10 AM »
I saw on facebook that Vinnie had got a new home but never thought it would be the Vinnie you are giving a home to  ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 10:06:54 AM »
Oh blimey  :) :) :)  Well done TP and fiancée  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Vinnie is gorgeous   :blow kiss: :blow kiss: :blow kiss:

Take it all nice and slow and you will get such wonderful rewards.  Oh he's just such a looker  :catlove:

Offline Teapot

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 10:01:21 AM »
I never stop being shocked at how people can treat kitties like that :'( I'm glad your friend's cat found her confidence in a loving home, Sue. Hopefully we can help Vinnie do the same. Sarah and Charlotte at Sunny Harbour said he's already improved in leaps and bounds from when he was brought in  :)

I will be sure to keep you updated. This seems like the kind of place where, should we need help with any bad bits (though, obviously, I'm hoping there won't be many of those), we'll get lots of support :shy:  I don't think you'd be able to stop me sharing the good bits :evillaugh: I'm a sucker for happy endings too, one of the reasons we had to help Vinnie get his  :)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 09:48:34 AM »

Oh Teapot, he's gorgeous.   ;D ;D  What an awful start in life.   With patience and care you'll win his trust and he'll really open up to you, I'm sure of it. 

A friend of mine had a beautiful deaf cat she got from a rescue situation - the owner was am adult with learning difficulties and he often got angry with the cat and would kick it and hurl it against the furniture.  In spite of the traumatic ordeal she went through and the veterinary treatment she required, she was one of the most loving and gentle cats I've ever come across.

I trust Vinnie will be counting the days until he gets his new forever home with you both.  Will you let us know how everything goes?  :shy:  We love happy endings here.   :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 09:18:28 AM »
oh poor vinnie what a rough time he has had, hope next tuesday is the start of something good for all of you

Offline Teapot

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 09:15:48 AM »
 :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

I think the thing I miss most about having Suzie in the flat is that now I actually have to set an alarm in the morning. Can't just count on a kitty to jump on the bed and make me get up to give her breakfast  :rofl:

Vinnie is a gorgeous wee black and white kitty (he looks like he has a permanent milk moustache  :Luv:). We spent our entire meeting with him last week playing with him. We played "I could pick up that toy, but that's your job now" as he knocked his toys out of his pen just to watch fiancé pick them up and give them back (he's got us well trained already :evillaugh:) and then we went a bit crazy with a feather tickler stick  :Luv: Unfortunately we had to leave in the middle of that game to get the train but I'm sure Vinnie won't mind picking up where we left off when he's settled in a bit. He can be a wee bit shy about people touching him, because of how he's been treated by people before he got to the rescue centre, and he did have a wee bit of a panic and a swipe at fiancé while he was being petted, but he's learning to be a bit more confident and to enjoy cuddles and we're willing to be patient while he learns that we're not going to hurt him. It'll be more than worth it for Vinnie cuddes  :Luv:

Here's his page on Sunny Harbour's adoption site for more info. I can confirm that as lovely as he looks in the pictures he is even more of a sweetie in real life. http://catadoption.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/vinnie/

Only four more sleeps until he gets here  :)

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 08:56:02 AM »
Hi Teapot  :welcome: to Purrs  :) Bet you are counting the minutes until Vinnie is finally with you, so exciting  ;D

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 07:14:42 AM »

Hiya Teapot!   :welcome: :welcome:   How very exciting - we need to know all about Vinnie.  ;D  How old is he, what is he like, what colour is he, where's he coming from - you know all of the really good stuff.  And piccies - piccies when you get him.  :wow:  How lovely that you've joined us on Purrs - you have an appreciative audience  :evillaugh:

Hee hee - I love the fact your OH grabbed the camera - especially with Terry getting up close and personal  :rofl: :rofl:

Both Suzie and Terry are gorgeous looking cats - can fully understand why you'd miss having them around.   :Luv:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 01:04:56 AM »
Hiya TP and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;)
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
  • In loving memory of my beloved Butch 1998-2010
  • Slave to: Fudge & Ariel
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 01:00:56 AM »
and :welcome: to Purrs. Such an exciting time awaiting for a little furbabe but not long now till Vinnie comes to his forever home, what a lucky boy to be having you as his slave  :).
Hope it all goes well on Tuesday.

The Purrs 2013 Christmas Auction is now on!
All funds donated to Feral & Stray Foundation  - starts 17th November to 1st Dec 
Will you be a bidder, or donate something to auction - or both?!

Den22

Offline Teapot

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 23:54:02 PM »
 :thanks:

All being well, Vinnie will be with us on Tuesday afternoon. Just got the email confirming everything this evening  :) Just as well I'm visiting family this weekend otherwise I'd be too excited to get anything done until then.  Practically bouncing off the walls over here already :rofl:

Hoping he likes living with us as much as I think we're going to enjoy living with him. He already has loads of toys ready to go since neither Terry or Suzie really wanted to play much (Terry liked pretending he was too old and dignified to play and Suzie was just lazy) and I'm too excited about having a cat that enjoys playing. We had to buy so many different toys because we don't know what ones he likes, so we wanted to make sure he had a good choice  :evillaugh:

Pretty certain he's going to be pretty spoiled. Pretty certain he deserves it though, so it's fine  :naughty:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 23:37:00 PM »

:welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Just joined you since my fiancé and I are in the process of adopting a kitty and I know my facebook friends are going to be fed up of cat pictures within the first few days of him arriving, so I thought I'd take myself somewhere where such activities are appreciated  :evillaugh:

You got the measure of us quite quickly then  :evillaugh:

Terry & Suzie are adorable, love their retro names too!  :naughty:

I bet you're beyond excited about your new arrival - defo get the  :pic: at the ready! When does he come home?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 18:47:39 PM »
 :welcome: to purrs  ;D

Oh yes you have come to the right place,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we love cats and their pics  ;D

That cat has the right idea, get between you and the lappy  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Teapot

• Adult Cat
Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 18:09:46 PM »
Hi, everybody  :)

Just joined you since my fiancé and I are in the process of adopting a kitty and I know my facebook friends are going to be fed up of cat pictures within the first few days of him arriving, so I thought I'd take myself somewhere where such activities are appreciated  :evillaugh:

For a few months before Christmas we were looking after my future mother-in-law's cats, Terry and Suzie, while she was out of the country. When she moved back to Scotland they went back to live with her since they were used to getting outside and we don't have access to a garden. Since then the flat has felt rather empty with no kitties so we decided the only sensible thing to do was to get one of our own  :)

Here's some pictures of Suzie and Terry. Suzie has a thing for leather shoes and they both knew that there were much better uses of my time than using my laptop. Like petting kitties. Much more important.  :rofl: Shows how caring my fiancé is that his first reaction to me being snuck up on by kitties is to grab the camera and laugh at me  :rofl:

Link to CatChat