Author Topic: New Flying Frenzy cat toy attachments coming soon  (Read 13218 times)

Offline onyx

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Fonzie and Chloe, plus Amber and Izzie the doggies
Re: New Flying Frenzy cat toy attachments coming soon
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2013, 20:45:09 PM »
thanks. 

we have ratatouille, nymph and skitter (among other attachments....!   :shify:  )  here and he was going to town on skitter last night.   might watch him more closely tonight to see if i could trust him to have one all by itself.....  :shocked:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2013, 20:37:41 PM »
ohhhhhhhhhh!!!

i was just thinking about whether or not stand alone mousies would be available....  fonzie was putting up a proper fight with me last night. amazing how a cat with such few teeth can have such a good grip!

are they the same size as the ones that DO clip on?, or are they slightly bigger?  (Bigger would be better as he has been known to swallow the toys he REALLY loves and chews......!!!)

Yep, they're the same size as the frenzy ones which clip on (which are loads bigger than the old da mouse ones). My two are very enthusiastic with both the clip on and standalone mouse but don't think it could be swallowed as it is quite big.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2013, 20:30:46 PM »
Yes da mouse one was too small but these seem just the job  ;D

Offline onyx

• Senior Cat
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2013, 20:28:52 PM »
ohhhhhhhhhh!!!

i was just thinking about whether or not stand alone mousies would be available....  fonzie was putting up a proper fight with me last night. amazing how a cat with such few teeth can have such a good grip!

are they the same size as the ones that DO clip on?, or are they slightly bigger?  (Bigger would be better as he has been known to swallow the toys he REALLY loves and chews......!!!) 

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2013, 20:28:02 PM »
Thosed look very good and am I right in that they are quite big?

Do they have any smell at all?

Think this right up Lupins street  :innocent:

They're not massive, approx 5cm x 3cm - small enough to be realistic but not small enough to swallow (the old Da Mouse were tiny and even if there was no metal hook I'd have been worried about it being swallowed!). There's no discernable smell to humans but cats can obviously smell something as I had one in my dressing gown pocket and the boys wouldn't leave my pocket alone!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2013, 20:24:00 PM »
Thosed look very good and am I right in that they are quite big?

Do they have any smell at all?

Think this right up Lupins street  :innocent:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2013, 20:19:01 PM »
STOP PRESS
The flying frenzy range now includes a 'standalaone' mouse and rat with no hook so cats can be safely left to play with it on it's own  :wow:

The boys love it and played with it solidly since it was released from it's packet. The only downside is that I had a rather broken nights sleep with all the jump on the bed with mouse/jump off the bed with mouse/flick mouse in the air/chase mouse round after flicking/bury mouse under duvet/try and fish mouse out from under duvet action  :tired:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/shop/Frenzy-Mouse-Cat-Toy

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/shop/Frenzy-Ratatouille-Rat-Cat-Toy

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2013, 20:26:01 PM »
3 new attachments came today. The big huge feathery one is a hit. Definitely for outside playtime. Haven't tried the others yet. Under attack from 2 cats one of the fluffy feathers got naked out.lol

Nicky

Offline onyx

• Senior Cat
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2013, 11:22:56 AM »
 :wow:

a very very smell package has arrived for me at work today!!!!

:crossed:

:rub hands:

:good morning 2:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2013, 16:30:18 PM »
Have had to suspend product testing today as Lu was throwing himself around after the locust and landed with his back foot on the sharp corner of the TV unit. As he's a brave little soldier he wanted to carry on playing but to be on the safe side the toys have been retired for the rest of the day.

Ratatouille - 10/10 from both Lu & Riley, a long haired version of the Frenzy mouse  :wow:

Locust - 9/10 Lu & 7/10 Riley, doesn't fly like Da Bird/Frenzy feathers but nonetheless the feathers seem to be very attractive to cats and it's small and light enough to be zipped around at great speeds.

Helen those are fabulous  pics of Lu with the ribbon and I love how Riley starts off on the chair, sneaks a peak from theside of the chair then decides to leave.  :rofl:  Clearly he was not impressed with Lu having all the fun.

Despite Riley being the very obvious dominant one, when it comes to the Flying Frenzy/Da Bird toys Lu makes sure he gets his fair share of play time  :naughty:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2013, 23:09:16 PM »
Helen those are fabulous  pics of Lu with the ribbon and I love how Riley starts off on the chair, sneaks a peak from theside of the chair then decides to leave.  :rofl:  Clearly he was not impressed with Lu having all the fun.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2013, 23:02:47 PM »
Skitter is very much like the mouse which is why it is popular :)

My action shorts are nowhere near as beautiful as yours........

Err, not sure we need to hear about your undergarments  :-:

:rofl: :rofl:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2013, 23:01:52 PM »
 :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:  wonderful pics already  ;D ;D

Glad Royal mail do deliver well sometimes then! lol

So brilliant to hear and see the new frenzys are liked :) so lovely to see happy playing gorgeous babes  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks so much for the feedback so far. :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2013, 22:19:33 PM »

I'll have to get one on the next order, didn't want to go mad with the new frenzy range as there are only so many hours in the day!

Err, not sure we need to hear about your undergarments  :-:

I love that middle one of Robbie collapsed with his legs all stiff in the air  :evillaugh: Sky's face in that last one is just :blow kiss:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2013, 22:14:44 PM »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2013, 21:58:29 PM »
Flying Frenzy ribbon attachment as modelled by Lu...

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2013, 21:41:20 PM »
Firefly is not too popular here - Sky will chase it if you dangle it in front of her long enough but as it doesn't have the feathers and make the noise of the original Da Bird she isn't thrilled. Robbie is out trying for the real thing.  Skitter is as popular as Giant Mouse. Actually that may have been the problem with Firefly - I tried it after the Skitter and she kept looking for Skitter or Mouse instead!

Nice action shots of Lu and Riley :)

The skitter looked like a white mouse to me, is it the same sort of size/material? If so can see why it's popular  ;D

Firefly is not too popular here ... Robbie is out trying for the real thing. 

:evillaugh:

I got a ribbon frenzy which I knew Lu would love as he used to love the Da Sparkler but I couldn't let him play with it as he used to chew on it once caught and kept eating the sparkly strands. The ribbons are really sturdy so they stand up to his munching. It's quite long so flies through the air nicely and also jerks around when flicked because it has lots of strands, it also drags along the floor nicely. Riley was mildly intersted but Lu LOVED it - pics to follow...

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2013, 21:13:55 PM »
Firefly is not too popular here - Sky will chase it if you dangle it in front of her long enough but as it doesn't have the feathers and make the noise of the original Da Bird she isn't thrilled. Robbie is out trying for the real thing.  Skitter is as popular as Giant Mouse. Actually that may have been the problem with Firefly - I tried it after the Skitter and she kept looking for Skitter or Mouse instead!

Nice action shots of Lu and Riley :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2013, 18:53:29 PM »
Giant mouse is a huge hit with Robbie and Sky.   Definitely as good, if not better, than Da Mousie - was always worried they may swallow that one as it was tiny.  The other two have yet to be played with.

Cross posted! Yep, I agree - I was always worried that Lu in particular would swallow Da Mouse as he used to chew it so enthusiastically. Frenzy mouse is still small enough to fit in the mouth but no worries about swallowing.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2013, 18:52:15 PM »
Three words...  :omg:

They absolutely LOVE it  :wow: It's like Da Mouse- only bigger and better  :wow: :wow: :wow:

One negative point first, this is minor - I pulled the ears off myself as with the harsh treatment Mr Mouse gets I didn't want them getting swallowed, they came off very easily so can imagine that accidental ear swallowing is a possibility - they are tiny (and leather?) so doubt it would cause a problem but us paranoid cat Mums are very protective! The eyes appear to be dyed on rather than stuck on so maybe consider losing the ears?

Now for the action  :naughty:

This video is literally as Mr Mouse came out of the packaging... quality is not great as it's an old iPhone so might try tomorrow in daylight with my Galaxy Tab2 which seems to take better videos but is harder to hold!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nscD76FEZPA

This is Riley doing his impressive standing start leap!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlqHCubvdAQ

Lu takes centre stage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8pMgmpPeIM

Action shots...

Levitating cat  :naughty:

Yum!

Lu is too exhausted to chase it so he places a paw on it to stop Riley butting in!

Yoga cat!

« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 20:14:51 PM by Tiggy's Mum »

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2013, 18:51:39 PM »
Giant mouse is a huge hit with Robbie and Sky.   Definitely as good, if not better, than Da Mousie - was always worried they may swallow that one as it was tiny.  The other two have yet to be played with.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2013, 14:12:07 PM »
Paws up from Felicity for Mr Ratatouille, she had a long session this morning and when i stoped playing she draged it upstairs to her bed  :naughty: It looks and feels real ;D
Havent tried the Firefly yet will leave that for tonight :innocent:
Felicity send you a huge hug and sez thankyou for extra treats :Luv:x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2013, 13:47:53 PM »
Mr Mouse has arrived  :wow: I think!  :doh: I get most stuff delivered to my sisters and something came for me today but will have to wait til later to find out if it's Mr M :waiting:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2013, 19:58:36 PM »
That's a quick turnaround. My lot will have to wait a bit longer as I didn't get the order in until later.

They love playing outside with the original attachment, it's bedraggled already. Mud and grass, dribble and god only knows what else is on it.

Need to get some photos of them.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2013, 18:02:17 PM »
Phew :)  managed to get all the orders out that came in by 4pm and sent all 1st class so hopefully ya all should get them tomorrow or Monday latest :)

Dying to find out whatcha all and your gorgeous furkids fink  ;D

def welcome all feedback good or bad as it's the only way we can know to improve toys or not :)

:hug: :hug:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2013, 14:18:40 PM »
Thanks Tan, I will have a look at the fake fur ones you mentioned. I realise now one of the reasons Xander probably liked the mousey one so much was because it was real fur.   :innocent:

:thanks:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2013, 11:45:52 AM »
 :thanks: for the orders. Will be busy getting them out today :)   
love to hear all your feedback good or bad and pics :)

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2013, 11:44:44 AM »
Are all the new flying frenzy toys made from fur? I try not to buy fur to be honest I know it's a by product of the meat industry. I'm veggie although I do feed my cats meat. I try not to buy unnecessary animal products.

Will you be getting any more of the old mousie that fitted to da bird rod. I don't think they were made of real fur, I could be wrong.

Hi hun  :)
Yes the new toys are made from North American Deer whitetail hair or skin (soft leather), sheep wool, game bird feathers and as all of the Frenzy range we select products that are only from by-products from animals that are for hooman food industry and utilise the fur/hair/skin that would otherwise go into landfill. All the animals of the materials used are either from UK or North USA or Finland and from free roaming animals leading a natural life outdoors ie in outdoor herds/flocks and are under strict animal welfare laws. 
Louise from Happy House cats in Scotland is the creator of the Frenzy brand  and we both design the refills/ attachments for the Frenzy rod. We both, me and Louise (the only designers of the Frenzy brand) make sure where the materials used are from and the welfare background of the animals of the by-products we use. That's very important to us :)  Both really wanted a brand of toy that cats would adore that materials used were carefully selected under animal welfare.

It's the best compromise we have come to for the demand for natural hunting toys for the cats and animal welfare but i completely understand anyone not wanting to go near any animal by-product.  :hug: :hug:  For those that would rather stick to man made products, Purrs shop do the Faux fur (fake fur) refills for the wands  (handmade locally by my friend)- so far the flying bat, the bird of purradice, and the super luxury faux fur refill this one of which is made from the 2nd best worldwide man made faux fur.  Also adding shortly a faux fur mouse refill that clips on to the rods. These also have different cat loving herbs inside for added attraction. 

The Da Mousey in the Da bird range is deer hair and as all of the Da Bird range is made in China and toys put together/handcrafted in USA. 

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2013, 10:20:13 AM »
These look like something I need.  Must tell  meowmy.

Mosi
xx

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2013, 09:52:09 AM »
Are all the new flying frenzy toys made from fur? I try not to buy fur to be honest I know it's a by product of the meat industry. I'm veggie although I do feed my cats meat. I try not to buy unnecessary animal products.

Will you be getting any more of the old mousie that fitted to da bird rod. I don't think they were made of real fur, I could be wrong.   

Offline onyx

• Senior Cat
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2013, 09:35:04 AM »
had a bit of a splurge.....  :/ but it's OK right?   :scared:  i mean, i had to congratulate chloe for finally being a real cat and able to jump.....  :innocent:

one less ratatoulle, skitter, and fishie available..... (plus other things......)   :Crazy:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 09:02:12 AM »
Ordered one or two.... or maybe more  :shify: of the new attachments for the lads to try so that's 32 mouskies left  :innocent:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 08:40:42 AM »
Er 33 left methinks  ;)

Of course couldn't just try Mousie so a Ratatouille, a Fishie and a  FireFly together with new style rod will be tested behind Bobby's back as he can't handle any toys  :innocent:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2013, 23:22:46 PM »
Got one  :wow: 34 left  :evillaugh:

Will give the boys' official verdict once they have tested Mr Mouse  :naughty:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
New Flying Frenzy cat toy attachments coming soon
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2013, 21:23:33 PM »
Gosh what a difference on loading speed on wifi connection. Lol

Ok day are alls up on shop. :)  Wait till ya try em they are brilliant. :D  great butter size than the da mousey version    So much safer with out any metal sharp bar at end.
They also cheaper even though they are much bigger and safer :)

My fav is the Frenzy ratatouille it is so life like!!!
We had had 7 furlids incl my lads test em and all are liked so far :)

All on trial for shop but I know the ones that will be a huge hit :) so wanted to give you all a head start as I only have 35 of each in stock at the mo. :)

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 19:20:12 PM »
Mine love the frenzy rod, poppy would like one of each for hers and Charlie's birthday. I say no chance, she can have a couple. Will need another rod as well.

People always told me, 'when you get a car you will never have any money'. I think they meant cats!

Offline CuteCats

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 16:22:46 PM »
Hmmm looks interesting, and we have some birthdays coming up in the next couple of months!  :shify: :)

Offline masoomdon

• Kitten
    • Help in Health
  • Slave to: pinoo
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 15:27:16 PM »
Wowwww

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
New Flying Frenzy cat toy attachments coming soon
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 10:40:30 AM »
Hi everybuddy :) Steve say stock has arrived and he's loading it all on the shop today.i be home again later to check it all hee hee x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 00:10:35 AM »
Xander has asked me to say ' Where are the new Mowsies?' he keeps looking at the shop but can't see them.  :'(

Riley keeps hitting refresh with his paw but nothing...  :(

Link to CatChat