Author Topic: Mum has Alzheimers, pretty girl for forever home (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 4872 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Mum has Alzheimers, pretty girl for forever home (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 10:45:34 AM »
As there have been no updates will move to sorted now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline no angel

• Kitten
  • Slave to: crunchie
Re: Mum has Alzheimers, pretty girl for forever home
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 12:12:58 PM »
Thanks Sheila, that's a good idea, I will have a go.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 04:47:52 AM »
Aha! Not a squllion miles away from me in East London. We have several Purrs members in your general area. I've taken the liberty of attaching a link to some of your local cat rescues. It may be worth taking the time to register her with some of them, as they often get enquiries. If Bonnie is on their radars they may be able to point suitable candidates your way. Worth a try. 

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/essex.html

Also, don't underestimate the power of Facebook. If you have an account, visit the Purrs FB pages too as there is a whole extra set of fab Purrs people over there who prefer that medium to this forum.  :grouphug:

Offline no angel

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 22:44:23 PM »
But where are you? Feel the need to get some cross-posting done for you, as help is often only available locally. Just a rough idea of your general area will do fine for starters.  ;)

Crunchie is fab  :Luv2:
Colchester Essex Doh!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 14:05:54 PM »
But where are you? Feel the need to get some cross-posting done for you, as help is often only available locally. Just a rough idea of your general area will do fine for starters.  ;)

Crunchie is fab  :Luv2:

Offline no angel

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 13:39:33 PM »

Everyone needs a hug sometimes.   :)

Ha!  Love the piccie of Crunchie in his carrier bag.   :evillaugh: ;D

Sneezing, spluttering, exzema-ing, asthma-ing, but she is very pretty, and honorable son does his best with her, but of course that throws up even more into the air. Look on the bright side though, my house cleaning has improved  :wow:

Bonnie

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 13:33:10 PM »

Everyone needs a hug sometimes.   :)

Ha!  Love the piccie of Crunchie in his carrier bag.   :evillaugh: ;D

Offline no angel

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 13:31:36 PM »

Hello.  Welcome to the forum to you and to Crunchie.  Am sorry to hear of your Mum's Alzheimers bless her.  It must be a very distressing time for all of you.   :hug: :hug:

Am hoping you'll be able to find a loving home for Bonnie to settle into, and that Crunchie will then be able to feel comfortable in his own home again.

(Crunchie was the name given to our cat by the people who raised him, although we changed it when we took him home - is your Crunchie by any chance a little ginger boy?  :)).

No, he is a silver/grey boy with the naughty characteristics of a tortie. Thanks for the hugs, sometimes I need them.

Crunchie

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 10:08:38 AM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs. I'm sorry to hear about your Mum, it's quite a distressing situation on it's own and you could do without the added worry of having to re-home her beloved pet.  :hug:

Crunchie sounds adorable.  :Luv2:

It might help to post whereabouts you live (just approximately) so any potential rescuers close to you can be aware that Bonnie is searching for a new forever home.  She is very pretty and sounds like she needs a place she can call her own again, bless.

Meanwhile, have you tried Petalcleanse to wipe her down from time to time? It's an anti-allergen which is safe to use in the home, on your hands and on a cloth to wipe away dander from her fur which is likely to be your allergy issue. It may help to reduce your symptoms whilst you're looking for a new home for Bonnie.

I wish you good luck in your quest, and sending  :hug: :hug: for you and your Mum.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 07:41:06 AM »

Hello.  Welcome to the forum to you and to Crunchie.  Am sorry to hear of your Mum's Alzheimers bless her.  It must be a very distressing time for all of you.   :hug: :hug:

Am hoping you'll be able to find a loving home for Bonnie to settle into, and that Crunchie will then be able to feel comfortable in his own home again.

(Crunchie was the name given to our cat by the people who raised him, although we changed it when we took him home - is your Crunchie by any chance a little ginger boy?  :)).

Offline no angel

• Kitten
Mum has Alzheimers, pretty girl for forever home (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 23:15:27 PM »
Hi everyone. This is my first post.

I have a tiny, jealous Devon Rex who is being chased around the house.

Mum's cat (Bonnie) waits on the stairs for Crunchie (for it is he) to pass by, and then chases him, knives out.

He is now scared to go anywhere and I have to carry him from the living room to the kitchen to eat. He is no spring chicken, and needs some calm in his dotage.

The reason I have a Devon is because I am allergic to cat fur. I can just about tolerate his fur, but bonnie looks like one of those Turkish swimming cats, with very thick fur that brings on the allergy a treat. Mum is now in a residential home and thankfully for her, can't remember Bonnie.

Poor old Bonnie led a very up and down life before Mum went into the home, in fact she is still fond of digestive biscuits. I think it was either feast or famine for her. I remember going round there to find dishes all over the house, and a frozen Wiltshire Farm Foods dinner in a foil tray on the floor.

Bonnie would nip out for 5 minutes and suddenly Mum would think she had been gone for days and would rush out in her nightie with a torch. Poor old Bonnie didn't know why she was being told off.

The result is, sadly, I must find another home for her. She is very pretty, and I have been teaching her to have 3 meals a day, all James Wellbeloved is always available. She is about 9 years old and in very good health. As far as I know she has all her jabs, but I have her papers here somewhere, and if they are out of date I will have her up to date. She is neutered.

Her personality... She loves to play and is very affectionate, but she needs to be the one that does the approach. I hate to see her unsettled again, but my boy was here first.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:45:18 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat