Author Topic: The Perfect Match  (Read 4019 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: The Perfect Match
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 11:48:15 AM »

You've nothing to reproach yourself for, Cat Mad.  It's not wrong to want to keep our companions safe from harm, and each of us has to devise the best way of doing that according to where we live and our cats' own needs.  It will never be the same for all of us.  As it is, you offer a safe place to stay for foster cats, and that's just brilliant.  And I'm sure George and Suzi dont feel at all badly done to.  :hug: :hug:

Offline cat~mad

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Gorgeous George and Suzi Pusscat
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 11:45:03 AM »
Awwww what a lovely story  :Luv2:   

I've always felt guilty for having to keep my babies as indoor cats but I lost two on the road outside our courtyard and I cannot go through that pain (and guilt) again  :'(   In a way that's why our fostering the oldies for PARRT is perfect....99% of the time they are content with a sunny windowsill to sunbathe on (ours faces south) and comfortable heated beds  :hug:    George and Suzi are quite young though at around 3 and 5 years old but as both have FeLV they cannot go outside.  Suzi is happy to stay inside but George makes me feel soooo guilty as he will run to the stairs as soon as I'm putting my outdoor clothes on and will miaow in SUCH a pitiful manner  :-[    I'm tempted to buy him a harness so I can take him for a walk around the courtyard and that way he will be happy to have a sniff around and I will be happy that he cannot get out onto the road. 

It might sound morbid but I think we'll go back to the pensioners when George & Suzi pass on  :'(   Please don't think I'm mean or callous or don't care about them.....I'm just realistic that they may not reach their late teens because of their FeLV  :(    Unless we win the lottery I cannot see us affording a house in a cat-safe area so we have to make the best of our situation as living WITHOUT cats is NEVER an option!!!!!!  :Crazy:
Gilly!

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 12:46:09 PM »
sounds like he was waiting for you all along  :Luv2:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 15:04:48 PM »
what a lovely story  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 08:23:28 AM »
I'm trying to decide who was the luckiest - you or Buzz  :) :) :)

He's gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 07:19:24 AM »

It just goes to prove the point - there's a cat for everyone out there somewhere.  Am so glad Buzz was able to fill the cat shaped hole in your lives, and land on his paws in the process.  Poor little guy must've had a bit of a tough life in the past. 

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 18:46:14 PM »
Lovely story, you were obviously meant to find each other  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 11:25:35 AM »
What a lovely story  :) A perfect match indeed! Buzz is a beautiful, and by the sounds of it very lucky, boy  :Luv:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:26:24 AM by Tiggy's Mum »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 00:26:35 AM »
Definately the purrrrrrrrrrfect match and so pleased you and buz met  ;D ;D

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 23:59:30 PM »
I have to agree - a lovely story

Buzz has well and truly landed on his paws - lucky for him
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 23:32:12 PM »
that's a lovely story - so many potential owners would have been quite wrong for Buzz, and it was a lucky day all round when you spotted him

poor boy must have had some very scary experiences outside to be so afraid of the big wide world, but it sounds as if all his fears are behind him now
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline AvaSoldra

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Buzz
The Perfect Match
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 23:24:54 PM »
We live in an apartment in the city centre.  For that reason, we had given up the thought of getting a cat or pet as they would not be able to go outside and thought it would be very unfair to them.  We then decided to move, and boom, recession, and we were stuck. 

Randomly, one day we decided to go to our nearby cattery.  I was reluctant to go, as I did not want to get excited and fall in love with a cat and then have to walk away.  We walked into the back where all the cats where and they were running around, going outside and then back inside.  My hubby picked one and I picked another one, we didn't like each others that much.  Mine for a starter hated men and thus only would go near women, hubby typically befriended a feral cat. 

We then went to leave and were brought back into the area where cats are picked up that have been reserved.  So we assumed the two cats sitting there were reserved.  One was lying on a cushion. He made no movement and the other was playing on the ground.  The one on the cushion we were informed was not booked, he was petrified of outside as he was a stray and they had to keep him in that little enclosed area or else he would fret.  Secondly, that day he had been booked and then stood up and it was the second time it had happened to him. 

The cat had both the features of the other cats we had chosen separately, a mixed breed, a long haired white cat with a short haired tabby. 

We spoke of our concern that we would not be able to let him outside to which the girl managing the cattery was relieved as Buzz is petrified of cars, of the cold, of people that are not us.  If we open a window, we have to spend ten minutes coaxing him out from under the sofa. 

He took a while to settle in, but he is the perfect cat in every way for us.  He shuns cat toys and instead is fascinated when any of us are doing DIY and then steals the cable ties.  Gone is the cat bed as he considers he needs to be sitting on the sofa at the same level as us and so has his own cushion.  For a stray, he is a very fussy cat, he only likes very expensive litter and gourmet cat food (as though he was not eating dry food and cheap litter in the cattery). 

After a month of having him, we had to leave for one week to go on honeymoon (if it had of been any other holiday I would have cancelled).  We put him into a cat hotel with a five star rating and I fretted the whole week, missing my cat.  Out of the countless dogs I had growing up, I never missed them.  When we came back to get him, he had been spoiled rotten and even had a rosette on his own litle room door (he had his own central heating and tv - better than our hotel nearly). 

Buzz was his given name when we got him, and we thought of changing it, but never did - as he doesn't listen unless he wants to, no matter what you call him. 

Link to CatChat