Author Topic: Maine Coon sitting facing a wall etc  (Read 2802 times)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
Re: Maine Coon sitting facing a wall etc
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 22:09:41 PM »
my cats are the same as Snarfs.....my 11mth kitten (who has some Maine Coone in her) sits facing the wall, just in anticipation of the light off my phone or whatever, appearing - and she waits quiet some time too!! Its always when I'm there, getting ready or something, as she associates that time with the most likely time the mysterious wall lights/shadows appear. She also stares around the carpet if i pick my keys up, as her laser pen has a keyring on it  :innocent:
When I first introduced her to the laser pen, i thought i had actually sent her stark raving mad, cos when i stopped playing with it she ran around the room and hallway just searching like a crazy cat for over half an hour.... :-[
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hopefully it is nothing more than this, but if you're worried, get him checked out  :hug:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 23:04:27 PM »
My neko does this too and at least some of the time its because somehow a light has flicked onto the wall ( me moving my wrist and watch catching the light, car going past window, postman moving letter box) hell quite happily sit there for ages waiting for the light to come back. Not sure if its him or the coon in him but he is crazy about lights  :evillaugh:

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 21:44:49 PM »
I have a British Shorthair Blue & she has done this all her 6yrs of life. It's like 'don't bother me' but to me it's normal for her to do this as she's not that sociable bless her. Sometimes I've wondered if she see's ghosties as she follows things around the walls! Ekk!

Could she be doing it for attention 'I'll sit with my back to you till you touch me & ask me what's wrong'

Hope Twizzle does a turn around for you soon.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 22:23:13 PM »
I know when cats sit with their backs to the fire it means there is bad weather to come.  No ideawhy andit's not a myth cos every time Bonnie does it, it is bad weather.

Sometimes Bonnie sits facing the living room wall where the air vent is.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
Maine Coon sitting facing a wall etc
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 22:05:44 PM »
I have a Maine Coon and he is a bit dim and sometimes stares at odd things but not for long!

Could she be trying up get attention or have you maybe had less time recently? I've known raggies to do this with boredom... Is that possible?
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 16:51:52 PM »
Just wondering how long she stays like that for?
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 16:45:07 PM »
Sounds daft, but she doesn't have a headache does she?  My old Sooty used to sit with his head in a corner and when he had a blood test it showed various issues (old age related so no need to panic for yours I don't think!) and the vet said that with all those toxins swishing about in his blood he probably had a constant headache. 

Might be worth considering if it's been a sudden change. 

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 16:37:33 PM »
I dont know, sorry!

But dexter (not a maine coon) does like to look at walls occasionally just to confuse us as to what hes looking at I think!  :evillaugh: theres never anything there  :Crazy:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 14:17:54 PM »
Maybe she just doesn't feel like being sociable lol.

Offline liquorice

• Adult Cat
  • New picture
Maine Coon sitting facing a wall etc
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 10:37:52 AM »
Hi

We now have two maine coon cats, aged 7 Bailey a boy and Twizzle a girl. Just lately Twizzle has been very affectionate and she keeps sitting and facing walls. She was on my work desk this morning and sat with her bottom facing me and her front facing the wall. Has anyone else had this problem or know what it could be?

Thanks

Link to CatChat