Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 6320 times)

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 10:30:15 AM »
Aw, what makes you nervous around cats? Did you have a bad experience with one?

I'm sure Skip will cure you of your nervousness!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Fallen8905

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Skip
Hi everyone
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 09:54:18 AM »
Hi

Thanks for your replies! Yeh we can't wait! I am usually really nervous around cats but I was absolutely fine with her I think it's because she looks similar to a cat I had when I was little. Skip has been her name all her life! But she is such a pretty cat that's why we don't think the name suits her because I might say "tip" by accident lol

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 08:46:03 AM »
 :welcome: to purrs  :) Skip is gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: I am another one who thinks once you get her home you will know what to call her.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 07:04:34 AM »

Oh she's lovely - very pretty!   I bet you can't wait.  :wow:

Finding a name is hard at the best of times, but I agree that if she's had the name all her life, changing it may be a bit of a challenge, although most cats adapt (or ignore us!)

Cant wait to hear more about how you get on, and we hope you'll really enjoy the forum, showing off your beautiful new girl  :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 22:57:09 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

What a pretty girl  :Luv2: Was Skip the name the rescue gave her or her name she's had all her life? If it's the one she's had all her life I'd try for something that sounds similar - maybe Pip? If it's just a temporary name then the sky's the limit  :naughty: Do you prefer human names or more catty names?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 17:36:50 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Oh boy is she gorgeous  :Luv2:

I agree get her home first and then a name will probable just come  ;D

If not I am sure Purrs will come up with more than you want LOL

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 15:49:21 PM »
Hello
She's a pretty girl.
You'll easily come up with a name once you get her home. You'd think my one is mystical and named after the moon goddess when actually its short for Lunatic as she settled in as if she owned the place in about five minutes flat. Cleo is so named as she likes to roll over a lot and Tippy Tumbles didn't seem right.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 15:29:37 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs!

So pleased you're giving a home to a puss in need.  ;D

I suggest you have "Skip" for a week or two before changing her name - I bet several suitable names will come to mind once you get to know her.

She's absolutely gorgeous - very unusual markings :Luv:
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Fallen8905

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Skip
Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 15:20:11 PM »
Hi everyone I am new!

Me and my husband are hopefully picking up our new cat in about a weeks time from the blue cross. She is 8 years old and really loving. We are just waiting for her to have some dental work then we can pick her up! So excited got everything ready for her :)

Her name is skip, we aren't keen on the name so we are trying to think of a new name. We have had a few suggestions but if anyone has any ideas it would be so helpful!

Here is a pic of her!

Please suggest some names for her! :)

Link to CatChat