Author Topic: madness  (Read 3550 times)

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
Re: madness
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 01:38:44 AM »
phew, just going to say yes and got a mesage
 to say paws and claws has got some one to take
them in the poor little one,s in till they have room :hug:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 01:40:39 AM by ronandcats »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 20:48:00 PM »
Ron, you may be the victim of emotional blackmail here. I know some lowlifes will spin these tales of imminent dumping to ensure rescuers say "Yes" to taking their cast-offs in, so jumping the waiting list.  >:(

The next step, generally, seems to be that you'll find them thrown over your garden wall or abandoned in a box on your doorstep.  :censored:

Can't say I've seen any "Neuter your pet" campaigns this year from the RSPCA, just more begging for cash ads. I also wonder why it is so difficult to get hold of C4 vouchers for neutering strays, surely it's better value in the long term for the RSPCA to sponsor more neuter operations than allow this crazy situation to get worse? Prevention, not cure?

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 18:00:13 PM »

I think Helen's already said what was in my mind Ron.  Am so sorry that angels such as you are left to try and pick up the pieces of these shattered cat lives when their owners decide they're no longer "fit for purpose."  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 16:32:42 PM »
But it is cruelty when will these  :censored:people wake up  :shocked: there should be a law with heavy fine against dumping animals. >:(

100% agree, there are some genuine cases when people have to give up their animals but I don't buy half the 'allergies/new baby/new puppy/new kitten/new partner/landlord won't allow pets' excuses and to dump a pet for any reason is unforgivable.

You can only do so much Ron, I know it must be heartbreaking to have to turn cats away but unless people support their local rescues and you have homes for the ones you're looking after your hands are tied  :hug:

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
madness
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 10:25:24 AM »
 Just had a email to Say a nabour is throwing her two little cats out on Saturday as they cant find any rescue that can take them in >:(we are full to the brim so  i just hope something will turn up for them, the RSPCA say they cant take them, and that they are only intrested in cruelty, but i think its cruelty when a cat or dog is abandon on the streets on its own, they have enough money to help, But it is cruelty when will these  :censored:people wake up  :shocked: there should be a law with heavy fine against dumping animals. >:(

Link to CatChat