Author Topic: Jasmine - 12 year old black cat (Rehomed)  (Read 3171 times)

Offline Jaguar

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Max
Re: Jasmine - 12 year old black cat
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 19:53:54 PM »
Sorry, forgot to update!

I'm delighted to say that after a year in foster, Jasmine has finally found her forever home with a lovely family - their 2 year old son is besotted with her, and she's besotted with him. A happy ending  ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Jasmine - 12 year old black cat
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 19:51:41 PM »
Any news please?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Jaguar

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Max
Jasmine - 12 year old black cat (Rehomed)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 14:02:11 PM »
Name: Jasmine (Jazzy)
Breed: DSH
Colour: Black
Neutered/Vaccinated?: Yes

Medical issues: hyperthyroidism (daily pill in food, 1 month supply about £20)

Rescue: Safe and Sound Animal Care (http://www.safeandsoundanimalcare.com/animals-for-adoption.html)
Location: Fostered in West Berkshire, can be rehomed within Hampshire and near borders (rescue itself is based in Farnborough, Hampshire)

Character: Sleek black Jazzy was originally found as a stray, in a bit of a state - due to her hyperthyroidism, she was extremely skinny and had a few further points of being abandoned before coming into rescue. She has had a full vet check and is now on the correct medication, and is bouncing around as though she's a kitten! Had I not known her age, I would have estimated she was about 3-4 by her activity levels (although she is happy to also find a nice spot to snooze if nothing interesting is happening)

Jazzy is a very confident type of cat, and adapts remarkably well - within a few hours of arriving in my house, she acted as though she had always lived there. She prefers to have an outdoors to go to, although is currently fine with being a housecat as part of the fostering. However, I suspect she would try to nip out if there's an exit so a home with outside access is best.

She loves people, has no problems with small children and their noises, is cat friendly - although she appears to be a little on the dominant side, but that might be because she does try to play with the other cats and my cat is a submissive flump! - and would probably be fine with cat friendly dogs. She is a chatty cat and you could have quite the conversation with her, especially if she thinks you have food. She is a perfect "companion" cat, always wanting to be where you are and with interest in whatever you're doing. As a lap cat, she tends to prefer to be slightly one side of you rather than landing on top of you when you're trying to read the paper, and she especially likes to be slightly to the side of the laptop or computer if you're using it as she can use the warmth from the machine whilst keeping note on what your fingers are doing. Jazzy is the type of cat that never comes out well on photographs, but the people who have met her have been quite taken by her grace, happiness to rub against them and act as though they're her best friend.

If you are interested in rehoming Jazzy, please do get in contact with Safe and Sound Animal Care to have a chat about her

« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:13:52 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat