Author Topic: I want to adopt a 2 year old female cat in London  (Read 4350 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: I want to adopt a 2 year old female cat in London
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 12:49:17 PM »
Battersea have a unit at Egham, a lovely drive out on a sunny afternoon.  :sneaky:

Offline TESS

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 19:03:18 PM »
Hello
Have you tried Battersea dogs home?
They have cats as well as dogs.
Good Luck in your search.

Offline Chilli_Cat_01

• Kitten
  • Meow!
  • Slave to: Chilli
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 13:41:18 PM »
Hello,

Thank you all for your very kind advice!

Unfortunately, I'm not in Celia Hammond's catchment area but I will keep an eye on her rehoming page for specific cats which may be suitable.  She may make an exception if I am suitable.  I have so much respect and praise for her and her staff.  I would love to adopt from her or help her organisation but I am quite far from all of her rescues.

I've looked at Cat Cuddles but none are suitable.  And it's quite a long drive away for a scared cat.

Mayhew would not be good for me as I don't have a garden.

As much as I loathe them, I'm also looking at an Antipodean free ads website.  I hate their refusal to ban the sale of live animals to unvetted owners.  But I am experienced, and there are lots of needy cats on there.

I'll let you all know how I get on.

Thank you.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 00:24:53 AM »
Hi and  :welcome: To Purrs.
You are in West London,I think Celia has rescues in Lewisham and caningtown , i did call them while back and was told they only home local as they dont have enough home checker for other areas :(

There is also Mayhew in NW london but they require out door area.
You could try Cat Cuddles rescue in Greenwich. The lady who runs and own the rescue is lovely and very helpful, i was looking at her site last night and there are some lovely cats looking for home.I hope you find the right cat for your boy.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 23:57:30 PM »
Try looking our cats needing homes section but think you will find it quite hard until after Christmas cos most rescues will not rehome before Christmas.

I think you many be in Celia Hammonds area...try doing a search for her huge rescue  :hug: :hug:

Offline Chilli_Cat_01

• Kitten
  • Meow!
  • Slave to: Chilli
I want to adopt a 2 year old female cat in London
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 20:32:57 PM »
Hello,

I have a 2.5 year old boy cat.  Domestic Shorthair.  I would like to adopt another cat, a girl ideally, and around the same age.  I have plenty of premium food, tons of cat treats, lots of toys and two scratching posts.  My home is very cat-safe and quiet and warm (just me and my cat).  But I don't have a garden, just  a small balcony for my baby to go out.  My baby is very spoiled but timid and I know that he would love some company.  And he's very healthy and neutered.  Just a little chubby from eating all the treats!

We live in London in Fulham and would prefer to adopt locally.  But we have a car so can travel.  And I have a cat carrier and plenty of Feliway for the journey.

Does anyone know of any suitable cats needing a loving forever home please?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 20:34:01 PM by Chilli_Cat_01 »

Link to CatChat