Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1903 times)

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
Re: Hello!
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 15:51:59 PM »
 Hi Jo hope you get good news about your little lad, we will all be praying for him at lostcatsbrighton to get well again   :hug:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 17:15:21 PM by ronandcats »

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 17:26:02 PM »

Hi Jo - how old is Phoenix, do you know?  And what does your beautiful baby look like?  Am sending every positive thought and vibe to you both, and hoping tomorrow you get some of the answers you're looking for.  Will be thinking about you.  :hug: :hug:

Offline jo30

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Phoenix
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 14:58:37 PM »
Hi everyone, thank you so much for the replies, your kind words and the hugs  :).

The vet has advised that this is genetic (pkd), he seems to be eating quite a lot, so that's a good sign, but he's also doing a lot of sleeping, we have a follow up appointment tomorrow. So hopefully will get more information on living with this illness, it is in curable, and to be told there is nothing that can be done is heartbreaking.

I will also try the health section ( :thanks: for the tip)

Jo and Phoenix xxx

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 14:26:13 PM »
Hi Jo and  :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

This is the locked link from our Health and behaviour section on PKD (polycystic Kidney disease) have a read through it may answer some of your questions. I hope Phoenix starts feeling better soon.  :hug:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,21642.0.html

EDIT - sorry Jo just tested the link and it doesn't work.

Try FABcats instead

http://www.fabcats.org/breeders/infosheets/pkd/pkd.html
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 14:29:25 PM by sheilarose »

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 07:59:26 AM »
Hi Jo :welcome: to Purrs. Sorry to hear Phoenix is poorly  :hug: :hug: :hug: I suggest you start a thread in the the Health section as it will probably be seen by more people who may be able to help. Hope all goes well for Phoenix.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 06:59:39 AM »

Jo, welcome to Purrs to you and Phoenix.  I'm so sorry to learn this is obviously a time of real upset for you, and am hoping that Phoenix can be helped onto the road to recovery.  We all know how devastating it is when anything is wrong with our babies.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 22:13:09 PM »
Sorry to have to welcome you to Purrs at such a worrying time  :hug: Has the vet given you any idea what may have caused the cysys or is it genetic (PKD - polycystic kidney disease)?  :hug:

Offline jo30

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Phoenix
Hello!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 17:05:34 PM »
 Hi everyone  :scared: just found this website, wondered if anyone has had a cat with cysts on their kidneys? My beautiful boy Phoenix has spent the last 2 day in the vets, with massively enlarged kidneys. He's really not very well and we're so worried. Xxx

Link to CatChat