Author Topic: My new baby  (Read 6635 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: My new baby
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 23:17:57 PM »
What a lovely old lady! :Luv:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 23:06:31 PM »
Good for you,i'm pleased that you rescued the poor thing.She'll come on in leaps and bounds under your loving care.x :hug:

Offline Fred

• Adult Cat
  • Solitaire - our furbaby :)
  • Slave to: Mrs Solitaire Meow & Mr Connery Sir Purrs-Alot (formally known as Milo)
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 22:57:18 PM »
Oh Liz, God bless you and your OH.  Congrats on moving in together  :hug:

I'm sure with all your love we will be seeing some fantastic photos of Mae very soon.

Nothing wrong with being fussy, my Bonnie eats Gourmet  ;) :rofl:

Mary

I agree

Aww  :Luv: she'll be ok now, I know. And congrats too xxx btw my two are fussy, conner has been with us less than three months and already gone from eating what he can to major fussy.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 22:58:53 PM by Fred »

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 22:56:36 PM »
She is lovely :Luv2: :Luv2: Did they guess her age? I wonder if rubbing lil bit of olive oil or cod liver oil on her ear helps with dryness but not sure, is best to check with the vet.I think with some decent food and lots of TLC she will look great in no time. Bless you and your Oh for taking her in to your home :hug:

Oh Janey i remember dear Byron :Luv: :Luv: and Mark saying she looked like a well loved Teddy Bear :Luv2:

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 22:29:07 PM »
Janey they did blood tests but not thyroid as the other tests would have shown thyroid levels elevated or not?  I remember your lovely Byron, the vet nurse told me they'd done their best to find an owner but had no success and she'd been there over a week.

Gill, can you recommend any care I can give to her poor ears? They're like dry leather and I wondered if there was a safe cream I could apply.

Finally I left the room to her door open and she wobbled downstairs on her own! She has a belly full of turkey and some cat milk, she wants more food but don't want her to be sick.

Finally she's skinny now but I'm sure the vet said she'd put on 400g in the time she was there so even thinner!

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 19:44:50 PM »
Awww she's gorgeous  :Luv:

Probably a daft question but I presume the vets have done full blood panel including thyroid and checked her teeth? just thinking with her not eating and the baldness.

Also have they tried to find an owner i.e. contacted all the rescues/lost & found sites etc,  my Byron looked pretty much like that at her oldest and it would be awful if an owner was missing her and she was missing her home  :(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 18:57:45 PM »
That's our next hope as she finished off the remainder of a applaws can left from the other cats, hope she eats it!

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 18:25:05 PM »
Ahh the poor thing. Well done for taking her on. Do you know her history? Or was she a stray?

How about applaws chicken, I think the kitten one is a complete food. My cats will only eat food that looks like meat and they love applaws.   

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 18:11:36 PM »
Thanks all, she is lovely if a little smelly!

Mary we opened 3 different tins of Gourmet last night and not one was touched!  Just bought some expensive recovery food from my vets and that's not touched either haha

Offline Just Jane

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Tinker Pixie Pandy Tigger Minnie Toffee
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 17:52:52 PM »
Aw, the poor little mite, I can see why you couldn't resist.   I'm sure Mae will get on wonderfully in your care.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 17:40:02 PM »

Aw Liz, bless your heart.  What a state that little one is   in.  Thank goodness you were there at the right time.  You absolute Star.  I hope she soon begins to make ground and shows the beautiful cat she obviously once was.  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 17:29:51 PM »
Oh Liz, God bless you and your OH.  Congrats on moving in together  :hug:

I'm sure with all your love we will be seeing some fantastic photos of Mae very soon.

Nothing wrong with being fussy, my Bonnie eats Gourmet  ;) :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 16:50:05 PM »
We're pretty set on calling her Mae, short for Gormet  as she's so fussy with her food :)

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 16:01:05 PM »
She's gorgeous  :Luv: and I am sure she will soon look a whole lot better. What's her name??

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 15:39:23 PM »
Awwwwwwww I am sure she will flourish in your care  :hug: :hug:

Interesting about her ears and that she also has white paws and wonder if she may be a blue pointed birman cross cos my Ducha had no fur on his ears.

I was speaking to a birman breeder and happened to mention this and she told me it was a trait of blue pointed birmans and even in the show ring it was acceptable.

Hope she picks up very fast and birmans are alao very fussy  :rofl:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 14:06:41 PM »
Aww bless her little sweet face :hug: :hug:
How about some kitten/cat milk.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 13:31:47 PM »
The poor baby, she surely couldn't have survived for much longer out on her own  :( I bet the nurses were over the moon when you said you wanted her  :)

Hills A/D is a good food to help build her up, I suspect dreamies will help too! What's her name?  :Luv2:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 13:22:38 PM »
She does look in a sorry state  :( but hopefully she will respond well to all your love and care and we will be soon be treated to pictures of her in all her feline glory.

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 13:08:13 PM »
Oh bless her cotton socks.

Bet she'd eat lamb mince but then we don't want to encourgae her fussy little habits do we?!

She will blossom after a little bit of TLC, is amazing how they flourish once they get their feet under the table.

Well done for taking the poor wee soul on.

X

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 13:03:50 PM »
omg poor little thing I bet she will look great with a few meals inside her though

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
My new baby
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 13:00:31 PM »
My partner and I moved in together a week ago and between us that was 6 cats!Tizzie's 17 with kidney failure and was admitted for a few nights to the vets for treatment to an unknown infection. The vets let us see Tiz backstage and a little scrawny stray squeaked at us. The vets couldn't find owners so I picked her up last night

We hadn't seen anything other than her face at the vets and I almost cried when she came out of the carrier last night, she's incredibly thin and has no hair on her ears I suppose due to lack of nutrition.

We're trying to feed her up but she won't eat anything other than turkey breast, the nurse did warn us she was fussy for a stray, what an understatement!

I hope she does well we love her already

« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 12:36:07 PM by Zenith (Liz) »

Link to CatChat