Author Topic: News from Yorkshire Cat Rescue  (Read 43860 times)

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
Re: News from Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2013, 16:53:09 PM »
Thank you, poor Malcolm lost his fight with cancer which had spread into his jaw. I am so glad that he had a foster mum to spoil him and give him a lap to sit on for his last days.

poor Tarquin has lost his eye too, although he is just relieved he is now without collar. i am sure he will be Ok with one-eye and he has been so patient throughout. at least we can start on getting him a home.

Petal has had SO many people wanting to give her a home. we are thinking of kitting out our cats with slings and eye patches as people keep falling for the wonky ones  :)

we did a survey which some of you may be intersted in http://www.yorkshirecatrescue.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/The-Big-Yorkshire-Cat-Rescue-survey-2013.pdf xx
:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2013, 22:44:31 PM »
Sorry to hear about Malcolm  :( I hope he enjoys his final week and is spoilt rotten by his foster Mum  :hug:

Petal is famous!  :) I bet you'll be over-run with offers of homes for her after the article  ;D

Offline CuteCats

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2013, 14:17:26 PM »
Awww she's a little beauty!  :Luv2:

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2013, 14:08:04 PM »
Isn't she, the little star/madam! is featured in your cat magazine blog
http://www.yourcat.co.uk/Your-Cat-Blog/we-re-smitten-with-squitten-kitten-petal.html

the x-ray showed that she has bone missing so there is nothing that can be done, although she is coping hugely well.

Sad news 
Malcolm the cat with cancer is not well. The cancer has spread and the wound from removing the first tumour hasn't healed. He will be spending another week with his foster Mum who will spoil him and go with him on his last journey. :'(

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2013, 07:48:28 AM »
Petal is just adorable  :Luv2: :Luv2:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2013, 17:43:08 PM »
Poor Tarquin, the button was making me feel faint just thinking about it! What a brave boy :care: I want Petal  :evillaugh: She is just soooo cute, she'll surely be snapped up by someone wanting an indoor cat.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2013, 11:34:42 AM »
she is so cute!  can anything be done about the legs or will she just adapt?

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2013, 11:29:43 AM »
ok as promised
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65u8SE6-sjo
petal and a ribbon. she is FIERCE!

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2013, 14:52:33 PM »
Awww Tarquin.  :Luv2:  That final beseeching look at the camera melts my heart but then I do have a soft spot for cats with black splodges on their noses.

I understand what you mean about the button now - I was finding it very hard to visualise. I have everything crossed for him to be able to keep his eye.

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2013, 13:53:43 PM »
isn't she! video off her chasing a ribbon to come soon!
in the meantime poorly eye Tarquin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVtjZJUYfN4
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:22:23 AM by SamMewl »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2013, 16:33:59 PM »
Petal is just :blow kiss: She obviously gets her beauty from Mum who is also stunning  :Luv:

Malcolm looks very cosy by the radiator there!  :Luv: Hope the op was a success, doesn't bear thinking about what would have happened to him if he hadn't been taken in by YCR  :hug: Fingers crossed that the op has sorted out Tarquin's eye problems too, what a fab name!

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2013, 09:40:18 AM »
 :thanks:

malcolm in his foster home getting a bit of radiator under the paws and sun on his back  :)

And Dora a very pretty mum and her kittens (somebodies got some great furry pantaloons for legs  ;D )

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2013, 19:35:28 PM »
Sending lots of healing vibes for the poorly little cutie  :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2013, 15:55:06 PM »
Awwww sending lots of healing vibes for the poorly cats and  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: for their carers.

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2013, 14:42:05 PM »
poorly cats  :(

we have a few poorly cats in at the moment
Tarquin had an abcess behind his eye which was pushing it out (eek -  urrgh) so he has had to have his third eyelid sewn shut and attached to a button. so he is feeling a bit sorry for himself. 2 weeks to wait until its opened back up.

Malcolm came in with a huge lump on his head which has turned out to be a very agressive cancer.   :'( it is however one that hasn't spread so our vet has taken a huge chunk out of him and is hoping ther is a possibility that she has got all the cancer cells. he has now moved into a foster home where he will either recover our get a heap of fuss in his last times. he was a stray before he came to us so will be enjoying some home comforts.

This is Malcolm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8rtlVN_XOQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Petal is another kitten with deformed front legs (not the same as Tenzing, speaking of which i have posted a pick of him now in his old thread - tail of two kittens). and she is beautiful. The picture is of her and her mum Poppy. she came from a house with two pregnant cats of which only petal survived, they were probably all inbred. Petal is doing very well.

healing vibes for these guys xx

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2013, 16:03:05 PM »
Mum is hiding in the house still. we are on a mission to trap her as she is behind some cupboards in a kitchen and only comes out when its quiet.

murphy is happy in his new home (and he is still HUGE!!), he was snapped up by one of our volunteers. this is him with his new friend Flossie, also one from us.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2013, 17:09:15 PM »
Poor Mum cat, did they manage to get a good look at her to see what she looked like so at least you know what you're looking for? How old do you think the babies are? 

Fred looks well and truly at home there  :Luv: As for Murphy... :drool;

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2013, 09:46:23 AM »
Fred seems to have landed on his furry paws with his new home  ;D he seems to have made himself very comfortable  :)

Hope all goes well with the cat flap and the handsome Murphy  :Luv2:

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2013, 09:33:40 AM »
Mr F has got a new home and I went to see him to explain how to give his meds. His elderly owner sat me down with Fred already settled by her side as she told me about all the cats she has known  :)

We have had our first orphans in, dumped in a carrier with their Mum but the Mum ran away when the people who found the carrier opened it (they opened it in their home but she still managed to escape). Lots of sleepless nights ahead. Sara will be putting up a display window in the Airedale shopping window with zombie power!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pHDA2HaBi1Y

And we have a (our first I think) Maine Coon in to be rehomed. Murphy is Huge! Our pens have never looked smaller! I wince when I see him approach the cat flap  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2013, 17:17:50 PM »
Those poor cats living in a shed, they must have been so confused  :( Hope the other six find homes quickly :crossed:

The poster is such a great idea  :wow: Hopefully I have another 50 odd yearson this earth yet but I have a section in my will that details what I want to happen to the boys and a chunk of money from my death in service pension grant is set aside to care for them. I've promised to haunt my family if my wishes aren't carried out  :evillaugh:

Mr F is just :blow kiss:

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2013, 16:06:04 PM »
quietest weekend ever. ...bradford are at wembley  >:(

gave me time to go and see one of our oaps Mr Fredrickson (Fred) he is a big old furry ginger thing ..who squeaks like a girlymouse  :evillaugh:

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2013, 09:28:39 AM »
We got the nine cats in that we're living in a shed. They are all actually very friendly and 3 have gone off to new homes already. The oldest one Waffle doesn't look well, he had a lot of teeth out yesterday so I am hoping he will brighten up once he's over that.

we decided to do some emergency posters, we have always suggested to people that they leave details of what cats they have  soemwhere like a fridge as we get a few cats in every year that have been luckily found when their owners have died.

http://www.yorkshirecatrescue.org/death-of-owner-prompts-launch-of-emergency-poster/

- has a link to the posters if anyone whats to use them.

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2013, 15:17:59 PM »
Midnight is stunning  ;D

:) yes ......just don't stare into his eyes or you might find yourself glassy eyed walking to yorkshire with a bag of fish steaks

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes.... you're under!  :naughty:
:rofl:
Fantastic website Sam hun :) and brill to have this thread going wonderful to see all the babes sending loads of love over xxxx
thank you  :hug:

rory update - our cross bengal has moved into the inside office and is doing much better. we have found out he has a detached retina and can't see properly, which may well have something to do with his occasional agression. he has probably had a head injury in the past  :(

minky update - no pretty kitten on my lap as she is happy in her new home  ;D

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
News from Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2013, 20:47:59 PM »
Fantastic website Sam hun :) and brill to have this thread going wonderful to see all the babes sending loads of love over xxxx

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2013, 19:51:57 PM »
I looked into his eyes  :Crazy:

zzzzzzzz......must find fishhhhhh  :) ;)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2013, 17:31:32 PM »
Midnight is stunning  ;D

:) yes ......just don't stare into his eyes or you might find yourself glassy eyed walking to yorkshire with a bag of fish steaks

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes.... you're under!  :naughty:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2013, 11:26:28 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl:

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2013, 11:04:30 AM »
Midnight is stunning  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 10:59:20 AM »
Midnight is stunning  ;D

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 10:30:47 AM »

have kittenscobbled minky. she is a grey dilute torti, a 4 month old kitten who was very lovingly fostered after being found very poorly by theside of the road. her fosterer snuck her into work so she is very office trained. she is gently vibrating on my lap after her first scary night back here. she was looking very stressed this morning so it only seemed right that she ahem move into my lap for a while  :innocent:

...she is gorgous (photos later when i have my arm back)

expecting 9 cats this weekend, that are currently in a cage on a farm  :censored: its lucky midnight (below) is moving out as we will need his pen. ...he's not as serious as he looks!!

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 12:06:39 PM »
Website looks fantastic, well done xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2013, 12:04:19 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Yorkshire Cat Rescue  ;D

Phew, was quite worried about Haworth Cat's future - you hear of people 'getting rid' of cats for reasons such as not matching new furniture so am pleased to hear that Haworth Cat will not suffer such a fate  :naughty:

The website looks fantastic  :wow:

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
Re: News from Haworth Cat Rescue
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2013, 11:52:02 AM »
We are looking for a home for Haworth Cat, preferably somewhere with a large garden, no dogs and not too many steps (he sometimes finds it hard to see out of his 'eyes'  :evillaugh:

But actually Haworth Cat will remain our mascot (first name Haworth second name Cat), he is where we came from, he's recognisable and he is still in the logo (and there are three of his ...skins hanging in the porch). so he wont be retired any time soon.

new website launched today http://www.yorkshirecatrescue.org/
yeah! to our PR trustee who is VERY good at this sort of thing (and everyone else who has been manically tinkering with it)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2013, 16:38:31 PM »
phew its been a while  :)
we are all a bit manic here as we are changing our name to Yorkshire Cat Rescue. it will give us a chance for applying for more funding and seeing as we have cats coming in and going out all over the county is more accurate.
.......so many things to change  :Crazy:

had our first pregant cats of the year in, Missy and Poppy. thats Missy showing off her bump. and a photo sent to us of our 'feral' cat Gwen in her new home (she was the one looking for a home through purrs) . mmm very wild you are Gwen  :)

Yikes, kitten season already  :( Lovely pics of the gorgeous Gwen, 'feral schmeral' is all I can say  :evillaugh:

That's a big decision to change your name, hope it all goes smoothly and helps raise more awareness - what will happen to Haworth Cat though  :scared:

..totally forgot to say WE WON the phone vote  :briggin: we are Airedale Charity of the Year  :wow:

... not sure whether everyone at  the shopping centre was chuffed about an animal charity winning but they were nice when they came down for a photo op and hopefully they will help raise us a lot of money this year.

THANK YOU SO MUCH all of you that voted  :hug:

:wooooo: that's excellent news  :wow:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2013, 13:26:35 PM »
 :Party 3: :congrats: :dance: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

Yayy well done!

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2013, 12:58:09 PM »

..totally forgot to say WE WON the phone vote  :briggin: we are Airedale Charity of the Year  :wow:

... not sure whether everyone at  the shopping centre was chuffed about an animal charity winning but they were nice when they came down for a photo op and hopefully they will help raise us a lot of money this year.

THANK YOU SO MUCH all of you that voted  :hug:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 11:14:59 AM »
Missy is lovely  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: hope all goes well when she has her kittens.

The picture of 'feral' Gwen made me smile, she looks so content, it's always lovely to see pictures of them in their new homes  :)

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 11:05:58 AM »
phew its been a while  :)
we are all a bit manic here as we are changing our name to Yorkshire Cat Rescue. it will give us a chance for applying for more funding and seeing as we have cats coming in and going out all over the county is more accurate.
.......so many things to change  :Crazy:

had our first pregant cats of the year in, Missy and Poppy. thats Missy showing off her bump. and a photo sent to us of our 'feral' cat Gwen in her new home (she was the one looking for a home through purrs) . mmm very wild you are Gwen  :)

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2013, 09:41:35 AM »
So glad bella has settled in and is friends with your daughter, it was sad to see she was missing Barney still when you were here. I have had a nosey round the forum and its great to see the pics of Bella -thank you! you are obviously being very vigilent and caring for her, the more time she is with you the more you will know and find out about her ways. you will get lots of good advice here about any worries you have about her but remember we're here for you too if you ever want to phone or email  :)

thank you so much for giving her a wonderful home.

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 20:26:10 PM »
Hi sam bella has settled in so well shes such a lovely girl, our daughter is spoiling her rotten and is starting to believe she is here to stay. Thank you for being so lovely to us, i was so nevrous coming back as was worried no cat could ever compare to barney, and bella is different but thats fine as shes fitted in so well to our family you'd think she was meant to be here

Link to CatChat