Author Topic: News from Yorkshire Cat Rescue  (Read 43880 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: News from Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2014, 07:05:48 AM »
Little beauties, all, Sam.   But if I were bagging one in our virtual cat reality, I would bagsie the little stripey tabby to the right of the top piccie and that little black one in the front of the bottom pick.    :Luv:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2014, 23:53:31 PM »
Awwwww  :Luv2:

Offline KittyNic

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Sam, Codex, Jacob, Munchkin & Chutney too!
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2014, 17:35:05 PM »
Oh my word those kittens are adorable! I want that one, that one and that one! Oh and that little one at the back there. :-D

I've started helping out at Hull Animal Welfare Trust recently where I got my gorgeous boy Chutney from and I just know I'm going to find it so difficult not to try and take one or three home. I've had my orders from the other half though. No kittens allowed until 2016. :-(

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2014, 16:52:36 PM »
yep Sheila -  kittens are a-coming!! and whilst I am going to add some super cute kitten photos to the post. I hope you lot take the time to read or pass on our latest pro-neutering news release.

Not that i don't realise that you're not the ones we need to pass this on to as Purrs people know the problems already but we're keeping shouting  :)

http://www.yorkshirecatrescue.org/why-neutering-cats-is-the-key-to-solving-the-problem/

ps you are allowed to go gooey over cute kittens and be pro-neuter  ;)
:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2014, 08:51:50 AM »
Great news about Bambam. What a cutie  :Luv: :Luv:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2014, 07:00:39 AM »
So pleased Bambam bounced back to rude health, and may he stay that way.  he's gorgeous - blurred or not!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2014, 17:39:16 PM »
So pleased for Bambam, and obviously well named.  :welcome: and thank heavens for you  :thanks:

I'd lost track of time and hadn't realised it's kitten season again already. Gods help us all SamMewl. xx

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2014, 17:16:49 PM »
Waytogo BamBam!  ;D

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2014, 15:17:08 PM »
We have been doing great this year so far for adoptions but it seems the madness is just starting. We have Mum cat and six kittens and three pregnant cats all coming in today to be farmed out to fosterers. YIKES!

We had a collapsed kitten arrive here Wednesday too. Bambam gave us all a big scare but managed to bounce back.  That's him being blurred (he is fast) and still skinny. Such a relief when you take what you think is a dying kitten to the vet and when you go to pick him up the receptionist asks 'is that mad meowing maniac black kitten yours'  ;D

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2013, 13:11:33 PM »
 :)

thought i would post this from back earlier this year
we got on the news  :briggin:
also gives you a bit of a view of YCR with Sara doing her bit to camera. and lots of meows. and yes our answer phone was full the next day and yes we did consider dipping our remaining kittens in grey paint  :sneaky:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-23442526

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2013, 16:37:54 PM »
I agree Sam! She has very distinctive markings, doesn't she?  :Luv2:

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2013, 10:08:03 AM »
Felicity who has returned from foster care with her kittens, who do not seem to realise how inconvenient it is to sit at the top of the ladder  :doh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5eW_yIkrN4

I love Felicity's eye make-up and mousetache combo
...become a fosterer and you too can have a house as messy as this!

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2013, 07:49:47 AM »
So happy for both those little girls  ;D ;D ;D

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2013, 19:10:15 PM »
She looks as if she's in seventh heaven.x :hug:

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2013, 17:17:47 PM »
your welcome  ;D
people often say to me - i could never work here when you see so many cats that have had bad things happen to them. well its easy coz there are so many happy endings too  :)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2013, 16:27:58 PM »
What lovely, positive stories! Thank you so much for letting us know  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2013, 09:58:11 AM »
Sam, that's just fantastic news.  So ver pleased especially for Zoe.  I guess I'd have been grump too if I'd been there a while and was often overlooked.  She sounds as if she's really letting her pleasure be known.  I approve of the sleeping arrangements.   :)  ;)

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2013, 09:54:55 AM »
and a teary and happy goodbye from me last saturday to supermum Hattie

this is her in her new home  :Luv:

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2013, 09:52:51 AM »
The power of advertising! I challenged our press lady to help Zoe who was our long stay cat who wasn't coping well with being in rescue. So she got her in Your cat magazine http://www.yourcat.co.uk/Your-Cat/long-stay-rescue-gives-up-hope-of-a-new-ho
me.html

Lots of responses including a lovely family who came down and only wanted to see Zoe
This is what they posted on our facebook page after they took her home
"Zoe:
Well, we expected a challenge with Zoe after we both received a couple of slaps from her at the centre...after exploring our house and having a roll around, she took herself under the dining room table for a few hours to check us out from a distance...by teatime she had decided she wanted to join us in the living room, polished off a saucer full of roast pork and allowed us to stroke her.
By bedtime her shyness had gone completely and she took to following us around the house, chirruping and wrapping herself around our legs.
And sleeping arrangements? Yes, you guessed it - on our bed, slap bang in between us, purring her head off.
It's early days still but the grumpiness we saw at the centre yesterday was gone - we have a sweet, affectionate little cat who seems to be settling in nicely. We are so glad we took her. Thanks to everyone at YCR for looking after her so well before she decided to come and live with us...!"
 ;D

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2013, 15:09:23 PM »
Gorgeous pic Sam  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2013, 11:30:26 AM »

OMG - cuteness overload!!!   :evillaugh: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2013, 11:20:37 AM »
 :thanks:  :hug: it is always so terrible to lose the little ones  :(

ahem it wasn't me that adopted nemo it was brujo. she saved her pocket money up! 'i has boyfriend!'  'i has girlfriend  ..she a bit clingy'

normal YCR reporting will resume shortly  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2013, 18:47:21 PM »
What a nightmare! Sorry to hear that some of the little ones didn't make it  :(  :hug:

Am very pleased to hear that Nemo pulled through and it helped focus your mind on where he belonged!  :naughty:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2013, 13:58:05 PM »
So sad to hear that some young lives were lost  :( But just look at Nemo. So glad he pulled through  :Luv2:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2013, 07:08:36 AM »

Am so sorry that some of the occupants didnt make it, but am delighted to see Nemo fought on, and is looking as hansum as ever.  So, is he going to be added to your "Slave to:" list?   :wow: ;) :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2013, 19:33:20 PM »
Oh bless him! I am so glad that he made it and sorry to hear of those who didn't  :hug:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2013, 19:30:34 PM »
Oh dear, every rescue's worst nightmare - my heart goes out to you.  :hug:  Glad things are on the up now and so pleased to hear that Nemo is well and has found his forever home.  ;)  Well he has, hasn't he?  :evillaugh:

Errrm - shouldn't there be a pic in your post Sam?   :see: 

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2013, 16:06:04 PM »
We are now back in action after being infected by Feline Parvo, we were shut for 2 months so had a bad impact on adoptions although they are leaving us in droves now. The virus,  also known as FEI or panleukopenia is a horrible disease and we lost some kittens to it  :'( 

Most survived though and we have now been given the all clear. Little Nemo who i was fostering was one of those to come down with it before it had been identified. My man luckily woke in the night and saw Nemo slipping into a coma so we rushed to the vets, he was very cold and was hunched up. They put him on a warmed drip overnight and thankfully he bounced back. really thought we had lost him..........guess who is still living at my house  :naughty:

my little whippet boy with his drip bandage still on xx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2013, 07:00:41 AM »

Those poor little scraps - thank goodness they were found and were unscathed by the ordeal.   >:(

Loving the video of nemo and his little bro, enjoying some quality play time.   ;D :evillaugh:

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2013, 10:11:38 AM »
 :thanks:
yes when anyone comes to visit and we explain them all, its such a tale of tragedy but then they are all so happy now. it makes it all worthwhile  :)

..and i know i shouldn't play favourites with the kittens .... but my super Nemo! https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JiZwdU0OUXw

we are having a volunteer thank you party tomorrow with a free raffle (..and you have won.. a kitten! ;) )

We have been in the paper again because of more people being horrible to kittens (its OK all survived) so we may get more people wanting to come down to adopt.  http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/local/localbrad/10507205.Shock_as_three_kittens_in_bag_are_thrown_over_wall_in_Keighley/

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2013, 18:48:59 PM »
130 kittens  :Crazy: Yikes is all I can say  :scared: I so hope that there are enough home sto go round, not forgetting the adult cats too :wish:

Your little bunch are adorable SamMewl  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: Each and every one of them has such a sad story so it's lovely to see them cuddled up with their new Mum  :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2013, 12:28:32 PM »
Bless her, I bet she really needs that sleep!

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2013, 11:22:15 AM »
isn't she a total star   :Luv:

Heres Nemo and Patrick playing (we call Nemo Billy Elliot - he is such a dancer  ;D )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSJo9Xt7JEE&feature=youtu.be

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2013, 20:23:10 PM »
What a wonderful cat Hattie is, I do hope she doesn't get overlooked and gets a the lovely home she deserves  :)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2013, 19:28:41 PM »
Hattie is adorable, and what a super mum she is! I do hope that you find lovely homes for all your cats and kittens.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2013, 18:59:14 PM »
what a lovely girl hattie is - supermum  :Luv2:

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2013, 17:06:28 PM »
..and surfaces from a mass of kittens...

we have over 30 kittens on site waiting for homes and nearly 100 in foster homes EEK! its the busiest year ever.

but this family is the one most important to me....because i am there foster 'mum'  ;D
hattie came with her single kitten Nemo (the other kittens had been found by youths and were no more  :'( ). the lady who brought them in wanted them to go to an experienced foster as she was worried that the kitten might be hurt. As hattie and (soon to be called) Nemo were waiting for me to go home a very floppy, kitten only a few days old came in. the kitten had been found next to its dead mother and sibling, it was very thin and deyhratded and had bite marks on its neck. i didn't think it would last the day, it was bottle fed but every time it screamed Hattie screamed back, 'give me the kitten' so we did. She cleaned it up and let him (peter) suckle. One week later we had a call about a kitten found in a skip, as nemo was finding playing with the much younger Peter boring and Hattie was still searching for other kittens we thought we would see how Patrick got along. She started calling to him straight away and cleaned him and also let him suckle. having such a wired and wonderful cat family to go home to has been amazing. Nemo (who is my favourite) is ready to go to a new home. I'm going to miss him.

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2013, 17:02:12 PM »
hello - not been here for a while because it has been CRAZY  :Crazy:
We had 13 cats and kittens dumped here. grrrrrrrrrrr  really frustrating as we are overloaded and a super long waiting list. all the cats are OK and after our facebook fans being outraged they came down to apologise.

they left a note that said "we started with one cat and it got out of control...." in a way its been good for us as we have had articles in the local papers and Sara did a small interview on Radio leeds. the point being that cats breed, very quickly and easily. it doesn't matter how much you love them you need to neuter them too.

petal update - the very sweet 'bendy' kitten Petal is living ...in Scotland. we got her a home with another cat with the same condition and now Honey and Petal are playing together in their own special way  ;D

https://www.facebook.com/Ourhappyhoney

one of the Facebook followers of Honey saw Petal on our facebook page and Honey's supporters also helped with Petal's journey up the M1. we don't normally re-home out of our area but it was such a perfect home for Petal we are so glad it worked out. nothing to do with being able to get regular updates on petal oh no  ;)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2013, 18:04:24 PM »
So sorry to hear about Malcom  :hug: :hug:

Very good survey

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2013, 17:04:51 PM »
 :gold stars: congratulations on your write up of the survey - it's really professional, and of course very interesting
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Link to CatChat