Author Topic: Cats in Chesterfield, Derbyshire - private rehomes or rescue places needed  (Read 3484 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Any news please?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Cats in Chesterfield, Derbyshire - private rehomes or rescue places needed
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 10:33:20 AM »
Bumping...

Temporary space in Chesterfield needed so all four of the ferals can be taken to a rescue space secured in Nottingham.

Bernard and Poppy, and Vinnie and Rocky are STILL looking!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Cats in Chesterfield, Derbyshire - private rehomes or rescue places needed
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 11:16:24 AM »
Firstly there's Bernard and his sibling, Poppy. They are being rehomed through no fault of their own. They are up to date with vaccinations and are around 18 months old. Poppy is spayed, but Bernard is at present unneutered. Current owners are prepared to pay towards neutering costs. Neither Bernard or Poppy are chipped. They have lived happily in their home with a dog and small children. Bonded, so requiring homing together.

Then there's Vinnie and Rocky - two neutered males looking for a new home due to their current owners ill health. They are not up to date with vaccinations and at present are not chipped. They have not been tested with dogs or small children. They are bonded so require a home together.

Last but by no means least, are the Garden Cats. These are a group of four semi ferals, ranging in social interaction levels. They are all neutered and spayed thanks to the young man feeding them having the forethought to contact a rescue with TNR scheme. However, no further assistance was offered, this young man hasn't the funds to care for the cats permanently AND his two cats are not happy at all with the situation. There are three younger looking cats, roughly nine months old and a slightly older cat. None of them are over eighteen months as far as we can tell. Two tabby tortis (with the most unusual markings I think I've ever seen) and two tabbies. One of the tabbies is a male (he is one of the younger cats and very nervous) and the other is female, seemingly older and a polydactyl! She was sitting on my knee after being bribed with ham so I think we can safely assume she had contact with people at some point before. We feel it would be advantageous to find the group a home together or in pairs, with one of the more confident cats pairing with a less confident.

Homechecks and references apply, and a donation to a local animal rescue will be requested. Please let me know if you think you can help by offering a home or rescue back up. Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 11:18:12 AM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Link to CatChat