Author Topic: Hello crazy cat peeps  (Read 5985 times)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Re: Hello crazy cat peeps
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 18:45:00 PM »
That's good news would be great if you got them.They look like a lovely couple of oldies. They need someone like you to give them a bit of love and care in their old age. 

Offline raggiedoll

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Willow, Kami, Schumy, Dexter
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2012, 21:19:53 PM »
Hi

CHAT has a couple of ginger oldies and one of them has diabetes. I don't know if I can link to facebook but they had a picture today.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=528220437188820&set=a.163125177031683.39357.154255827918618&type=1

thank you i saw that today spoke to them and when they can they will send someone for a home check so here's hoping

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2012, 21:15:33 PM »
Hi

CHAT has a couple of ginger oldies and one of them has diabetes. I don't know if I can link to facebook but they had a picture today.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=528220437188820&set=a.163125177031683.39357.154255827918618&type=1

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2012, 21:06:27 PM »
Sadly the little diabetic I had in mind has passed away.  :(

Anna texted to say she's in touch with you, Raggiedoll, so I'll leave you two to get acquainted. Good luck in finding the needy soul you're seeking. xx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2012, 20:49:50 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline raggiedoll

• Kitten
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2012, 16:30:07 PM »
Just sent her a text, should have an answer shortly.  ;D

Ah thank you, if she hasn't got anything i may have just heard of an oldie diabetic as well, wondering if it is the Anna i know lol

No news yet but Anna is a longstanding rescuer in London - this is her CC page which should give you some clues!

http://www.catchat.org/londoncr/cgibin/prtoc.cgi

lol not sure haha i kknow so many anna's in rescue lol

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2012, 16:24:24 PM »

Ah thank you, if she hasn't got anything i may have just heard of an oldie diabetic as well, wondering if it is the Anna i know lol

No news yet but Anna is a longstanding rescuer in London - this is her CC page which should give you some clues!

http://www.catchat.org/londoncr/cgibin/prtoc.cgi

Offline raggiedoll

• Kitten
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2012, 16:22:29 PM »
You live in Streatham  ;D ;D

I used to until I moved here nearly 8 years ago, was on border of Norbury and Streatham.

A nice lady from a rescue came to take a stray cat who was living in my neighbours porch and being fed by them and they went away and she had no food.

She walked into my house when I opened the door and went straight to Kockas food and then invited herself to play with Kockas toys. Kocka hated other cats with a passion.

The cat was really pretty and this would be not long before I moved and have pictures of her somewhere.

Cant remember the name of the rescue or how I got it, maybe thro CP?

hahaha small world, im right in the middle of it mitcham lane, from Brighton originally though

ah bless

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2012, 16:19:26 PM »
You live in Streatham  ;D ;D

I used to until I moved here nearly 8 years ago, was on border of Norbury and Streatham.

A nice lady from a rescue came to take a stray cat who was living in my neighbours porch and being fed by them and they went away and she had no food.

She walked into my house when I opened the door and went straight to Kockas food and then invited herself to play with Kockas toys. Kocka hated other cats with a passion.

The cat was really pretty and this would be not long before I moved and have pictures of her somewhere.

Cant remember the name of the rescue or how I got it, maybe thro CP?

Offline raggiedoll

• Kitten
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2012, 16:09:51 PM »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 15:31:20 PM »

Offline raggiedoll

• Kitten
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2012, 15:24:59 PM »
Victoria Line! The rescue is in Finsbury Park.

I'll get hold of Anna if you're interested and see if this little lady is still waiting for a home.

That would be great thanks xx

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 15:12:34 PM »
Victoria Line! The rescue is in Finsbury Park.

I'll get hold of Anna if you're interested and see if this little lady is still waiting for a home.

Offline raggiedoll

• Kitten
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 15:04:35 PM »
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: Hi there, Raggiedoll  ;D

Sounds like you're already settled in here, so I'll cut to the chase - where are you?

I'm in north east London and have a friend running a rescue here, she has an older diabetic female she was trying to find a home for earlier in the year. If you're interested I could make some enquiries as to whether she found a home yet, but it would depend on where you are of course.  :shify:

i thankyou
I am in south west london Streatham, but might be able to get some transport arranged from some volunteers

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 13:34:43 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: Hi there, Raggiedoll  ;D

Sounds like you're already settled in here, so I'll cut to the chase - where are you?

I'm in north east London and have a friend running a rescue here, she has an older diabetic female she was trying to find a home for earlier in the year. If you're interested I could make some enquiries as to whether she found a home yet, but it would depend on where you are of course.  :shify:

Offline raggiedoll

• Kitten
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 23:32:41 PM »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 23:14:30 PM »
I am in Wales  :shify: :shify:

Offline raggiedoll

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 13:54:34 PM »
Diabetics are on the whole easy once routine is established and our Millie came from CP as the Coordinator phoned me at 11.30pm in floods od tears about this old tortie and nobody could do anything for her she wouldn't have long and vets were at PTS stage having had Sweetie and Tiger feral as diabetics the brain said yes at 1am when I got her off the phone and I picked her up the next day

She is a lovely old girl and a tortie to but the easist to inject and we have a little leeway at weekends so I can get a long lie but for a cat being given only 2 months 5 months on she is still with us and enjoying life in fact we had a full blood panel done and her liver and kidney values were well within normal parameters and I think she knows she is here forever

I have all of lifes rejects but here they are loved and wanted even if some of the ferals prefer the dogs to the human :rofl:

Hi Liz hahaha sounds like you have my house lol
i have failed on the foster counts a few times lol there are some that come and you just have to let stay  :rofl:
I think diabetics are just so easy to deal with a food change and insulin and they become so close to you, they rely on you for it and the bond is amazing, i have two i adopted from fostering they were found in a field in wales poor things just abandoned, 2 ex-feral fosters atm been here a year lol came with burn marks and cuts poor things

Offline raggiedoll

• Kitten
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 13:39:56 PM »
  Hi Raggiedoll welcome to purrs from lostcatsbrighton :welcome: We hear a lot of storeys about cat potection ? I used to work for them way back, but never liked all the top nuts and there silly rules, but the good thing was it made me start my own cat charity.that was 12 yrs back  :welcome: :welcome:

ooh Brighton, thats where i grew up, where abouts are you guys??
Well yes cp in general (im in rescue as well) are always spoken about in a bad way like RSPCA but i saw two diabetics they had that had been there 7 months and thought omg i have to get them, and they told me as i have 'some' cats i shouldnt be allowed anymore in my house the cheek of it.

I really would love to start up my own special needs cat rescue but really i just dont have the money to fund it :(

Offline Big Cat Lover

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lucky (also Tiger and Gypsy RIP)
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 12:09:39 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs! We are all crazy cat people here.  I've got a rescue cat, an oldie called Lucky; she's 14 and an absolute sweetie.

Cats always find a place in our hearts, don't they!
Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
Just walk beside me and be my friend

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 10:45:20 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 09:19:59 AM »
Diabetics are on the whole easy once routine is established and our Millie came from CP as the Coordinator phoned me at 11.30pm in floods od tears about this old tortie and nobody could do anything for her she wouldn't have long and vets were at PTS stage having had Sweetie and Tiger feral as diabetics the brain said yes at 1am when I got her off the phone and I picked her up the next day

She is a lovely old girl and a tortie to but the easist to inject and we have a little leeway at weekends so I can get a long lie but for a cat being given only 2 months 5 months on she is still with us and enjoying life in fact we had a full blood panel done and her liver and kidney values were well within normal parameters and I think she knows she is here forever

I have all of lifes rejects but here they are loved and wanted even if some of the ferals prefer the dogs to the human :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 09:14:07 AM »
  Hi Raggiedoll welcome to purrs from lostcatsbrighton :welcome: We hear a lot of storeys about cat potection ? I used to work for them way back, but never liked all the top nuts and there silly rules, but the good thing was it made me start my own cat charity.that was 12 yrs back  :welcome: :welcome:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:17:05 AM by ronandcats »

Offline raggiedoll

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 01:38:54 AM »
Yep, over the years I've seen appeals for diabetic cats on here and it does seem very hard to find loving homes where people are prepared to take on a diabetic cat. Have you registered your 'interest' with the local vets in case someone has a newly diagnosed cat who feels they can't cope?

yep and all my rescue contacts, hoping they'll give me a call! I did attempt with Cats protection but lets just say they are unbelievable

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 01:32:49 AM »
Yep, over the years I've seen appeals for diabetic cats on here and it does seem very hard to find loving homes where people are prepared to take on a diabetic cat. Have you registered your 'interest' with the local vets in case someone has a newly diagnosed cat who feels they can't cope?

Offline raggiedoll

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 01:29:53 AM »
:welcome: to Purrs

Sorry to hear of your recent loss, they leave such big holes don't they  :hug: What a lifeline to offer to a lucky diabetic cat though  :)

Thank you they do leave a massive hole, i am trying lol but poor things seem to be pts, we dont really have a central place where people can take them, i have friends in USA and Canada they have Diabetic cats in need so lovely

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 01:22:28 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

Sorry to hear of your recent loss, they leave such big holes don't they  :hug: What a lifeline to offer to a lucky diabetic cat though  :)

Offline raggiedoll

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 23:51:08 PM »
:welcome: :welcome: :hug: :welcome:  :hug:  Hi  :hug:

thank you for the lovely welcome

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 23:39:44 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :hug: :welcome:  :hug:  Hi  :hug:

Offline raggiedoll

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 22:38:26 PM »
:welcome: from the Clan cats and dogs and their human slave we are a very friendly plaice

I have a diabetic on forever foster she is 15 bless her and a lovely old bird, I also do cat rescue and ferals are my love along with my my domestics and my 2 Ragdolls, my Physco bengal and my wonderdful; NFC and their pets my 3 Border Collies Sky, Sunny and Mistral

Awwww they do tend to become forever fosters don't they, my Tilly was actually my first foster cat, couldn't help but adopt her lol

Oh i have a half bengal half aby and she is psycho and one half ragdoll half siamese so we are worn down slaves lol they drive me insane but love them to bits

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 22:26:16 PM »
 :welcome: from the Clan cats and dogs and their human slave we are a very friendly plaice

I have a diabetic on forever foster she is 15 bless her and a lovely old bird, I also do cat rescue and ferals are my love along with my my domestics and my 2 Ragdolls, my Physco bengal and my wonderdful; NFC and their pets my 3 Border Collies Sky, Sunny and Mistral
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline raggiedoll

• Kitten
Hello crazy cat peeps
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 22:13:05 PM »
I just come on here today, im on quite a few lol
I work in rescue and run a rescue forum as well with some other crazy cat ladies.

I recently lost my gorgeous Tilly she was a diabetic that we lost to a pancreatic tumour, so i'm opening the doors for another one, if one can be found!

Link to CatChat