Author Topic: Found-Black/White female Cat  (Read 7047 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Found-Black/White female Cat
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 18:34:41 PM »
Well she's certainly made herself very much at home! Lovely pic of her with your daughter  :)

Offline DawnyB

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Sox?
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 12:14:47 PM »
If she is is chipped then it will be sad to see her go...but also nice to see her re-united with her family.. If shes not spayed then shes a very lucky lady...when she 1st came on2 the street she ad a few liasons with Toms...and even now theres 1 big ginger tom wots a stray on the street who is constantly hangin round n keeping ppl awake with his crying...surely she would have been preg by now.. I dunt know anything bout cats but if a woman ad the amount of liason as her they would av ad babies by now.. Xx

Offline DawnyB

• Kitten
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 12:14:35 PM »
If she is is chipped then it will be sad to see her go...but also nice to see her re-united with her family.. If shes not spayed then shes a very lucky lady...when she 1st came on2 the street she ad a few liasons with Toms...and even now theres 1 big ginger tom wots a stray on the street who is constantly hangin round n keeping ppl awake with his crying...surely she would have been preg by now.. I dunt know anything bout cats but if a woman ad the amount of liason as her they would av ad babies by now.. Xx

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 11:40:52 AM »
Oh this is wonderful.  :wow:

I do hope for your sake now that she's not chipped and you can keep Sox happily with your lovely family.

They will need to shave her a little to check for a spay scar, so you'll get he back with a little bald patch whether they spay her or not.

Good luck, do let us know how it goes at the vet!  :hug:

Offline DawnyB

• Kitten
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 10:56:18 AM »
just a quick update- had a couple of inboxes regarding 'Sox' but no luck yet as there is so many wot look alike. I have managed to lend a Pet Carrier to get her up to the vet either today or 2moz. If shes not chipped or claimed then she will be spayed...then i am going to have her as my new addition to my brood.. Either way 'Sox' will have a happy..loving family life she deserves... I am sure my Llasa Apso will be happy as she does flirt with him..lol.. And she must see this as her home as she has now learnt to knock on the front door! Thank you guys for your help and info on here.. Its been a great help. :) :Luv:

Offline DawnyB

• Kitten
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 20:01:32 PM »
well hopefully some1 might still claim her..cos shes a very loving cat..i have never owned 1 b4..always ad dogs but shes lovely. At least if she ends up been spayed and she ever decides to go on her travels again she will get to the end of the street without the stress of 4 very Randy Toms chasing her... Shes made herself very comfy on my furry throw 4 now..lol. So if need be she might end up joining my brood if she isnt claimed or re-homed.. I will defo keep u posted.  ;D

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 19:32:35 PM »
OK, we'll assume she's not claimed for the purposes of this page, DawnyB. No pressure, OK?  :hug:

Great that CP have you on their radar  :)  and even better you are happy to keep her safely for now.

Keep the posts coming, Dawn, we thrive on stuff like this!  :wow:

Offline DawnyB

• Kitten
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 18:24:35 PM »
Afraid not.. I am off to have her scanned at the vets.. And if shes not chipped The Cats Protection will pay for her to be spayed if no1 claims her.. I have a voucher dated til 13th November to have her done. At least i have another week or so to advertise for her owners before doing so..  ;)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 18:14:03 PM »
Any news? :crossed:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2012, 21:55:45 PM »
Here to serve DawnyB.  :smile:

Offline DawnyB

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 21:40:54 PM »
i have send an MMS to the mobile num with a pic.. I couldnt resist trying to contact them. I shall see wot happens over the weekend then if i have no joy then take her to the vets.. Shes a beautiful cat..some-one must have taken care of her before as shes trained.. She was a bit thin n raggy when i found her...sorted now tho. Thanx again guys. X

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 21:36:26 PM »
I would still bring her to vet to check for micro chip if you can  :hug:  I think this advert says no chip.  It all adds to the story. 

It is of course possible that peeps have got another cat to keep their 3 year old quiet and don't want 2 cats so they haven't responded to your message but maybe they haven't received your message for some reason?  The advert says short haired cat is missing but you describe her as semi long hair.  Difficult to judge hair length on photo but would you definitely say she is "fluffy"?

So glad you took her in  :)  She is a beauty  :Luv2:  Our Dinah has similar very long white whiskers.  Very fetching on a tuxedo cat  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 21:40:13 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 21:35:41 PM »
Thanks Helen. I missed that one on NPR, good spot. Hope its her  :innocent:

Offline DawnyB

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 21:29:05 PM »
I will have a look on the other sites...send an email then i will get contact number and send a pic in the morn..may be abit late now..but i will defo keep trying to contact them cos it could possibly be their cat... Hope so.. Happy ending then.. Thanx guys.  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 21:11:11 PM »
I've found an advert for the same cat that has a couple of mobile numbers and an email address for the loser...

http://www.nationalpetregister.org/mp/41229.htm

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 20:46:31 PM »
I think its worth re-contacting them. This is a very close match and I agree everything clicks.

If you don't hear back straight away try contacting Kelly-Joy who works tirelessly for AnimalsearchUK, and is a frequent poster on Purrs.

Here's her member details on Purrs.

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=199

Click on her username then select "Send PM" to e-mail her directly. She'll know what to do.  :crossed:

Offline DawnyB

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 20:33:56 PM »
I saw the same post on another site a few days ago...i replied to ad but heard nothing. Maybe i should try again.. She does look very similar and even the part about their little girl been upset.. This cat got attached to my little girl who is the same age..  i will message them again and send a pic of this cat..see if i hear anything..  :thanks:

Offline DawnyB

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 19:16:01 PM »
it wont b a problem to keep her in over the firework period.. I have been having a browse on your site and reading a few older posts.. Theres 1 on here about a black cat in Pontefract area..and on the replies the lady who advertised it said she had lost her black and white cat who was 7yrs old in Nevison..it wa in 2010 tho..wonder if she found her as Nevison isnt far from me and i keep thinkin this cat is older than we 1st thought.  ;)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 19:08:31 PM »
OK, sounds like she's safe with you.

Keep an eye on the local paper for lost and found, and check your local vets haven't been notified.

Have a look here, this is the advice for found pets we're advocating here on Purrs to get you started, if you haven't already seen it.
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,31636.0.html

Are you alright to keep her in over the firework period? This is the worst possible time for her, lets hope we can locate her home.

How very rude of me,  :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to Purrs - so pleased you found us. Do have a browse around the site there's simply loads of good stuff here. We do also accept other pets but clearly you are a cat lover as well. Thanks for what you are doing  :hug:

Offline DawnyB

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 18:47:17 PM »
Hiya.. Shes defo a 'She'..lol. before i took her in she was getting loads of male attention in the street and very lucky shes not pregnant.. I have asked people locally but no-one seems to know where she as come from.. I have been told a cat can come from miles away so dont know where to start really.. I am going to take her to a vet next week to have her scanned for micro-chip. I also have a dog and due another in Jan and dont want her to feel forced to live in the cold street again cos shes lovely. Hope some-one has reported her missing.  :thanks:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 18:32:05 PM »
I'm checking some rescue/lost pet sites tonight. I'll have a look for this one too. You sure she's a she, or should I be looking in both make and female categories? Sorry, but it's a devil trying to fathom this one and even very experienced rescuers get it wrong from time to time.  :-[

Offline DawnyB

• Kitten
Found-Black/White female Cat
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 18:11:27 PM »
Found in Knottingley Area/West Yorkshire. Black/White female cat.. Semi long hair, very long white whiskers and really bright eyes. She is very friendly but was a little timid at 1st and very under-weight. She is house trained aswell so i am hoping that her owners are missing her and also looking for her to be returned to her family. Not sure if she is spayed or not but has attracted Toms to my house. I have never owned a cat before so dont know much bout her other than shes a lovely cat. If any1 recognises her then please get in touch asap. Thanx
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 18:25:11 PM by DawnyB »

Link to CatChat