Author Topic: Hello :)  (Read 2198 times)

Offline CatSlave1976

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Fogarty (Foggy), Roxie
Re: Hello :)
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 21:13:19 PM »
Tiggy, Foggy is a girl  ;D .  Her full title is Fogarty, as in Carl Fogarty.  I went through a phase of naming my cats after motorbikes due to the purrs.  I've been slave to a Ducati and a Suzuki too.  We decided not to rename Roxie as she comes when you call her.
Foggy keeps herself fit in the woods at the back of our house, she just loves to bring us gifts.
I don't think Holly the greyhound ever raced as there is a scar across her inner thigh that may have put paid to that; so she doesn't have a very strong prey drive.  Holly had a woof and a jump at Roxie when she's been very fast moving a sharp NO stops her.  Her favourite thing to do though is to stuff her nose down Roxies ear  :evillaugh: , which results in a very disgusted look on Roxies face.

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 12:22:02 PM »
 :welcome: ronandcats :welcome: :welcome:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 10:59:18 AM »
I can see the videos now I'm on a proper computer  ;D  :Luv: If you hadn't said who was who you'd never have guessed that Foggy was the 12 year old, he's pretty nifty on his feet and looks like he gives young Roxie a run for her money  :naughty:

Edit: Meant to ask how they get on with their canine companion? We've had people with greyhound/cat combos on here before but I guess it's a pretty rare combination given the background of greyhounds is to chase small furry things  :evillaugh:

« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 11:01:09 AM by Tiggy's Mum »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 09:56:32 AM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Foggy's pretty spritely for a mature kitty, and Roxy is just  :drool;

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 09:55:06 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  :)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 07:01:13 AM »
Foggy and Roxy are gorgeous  :wow:  :welcome:  Welcome to the forum.  Hope you'll find lots of useful stuff and interesting bits and pieces.  And of course a place to share stories about your beautiful babies.  :)

Offline CatSlave1976

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 23:37:53 PM »
Thank you for the lovely welcome, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks.

I am an internet geek.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Hello :)
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 23:14:40 PM »

:welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

I can't get the videos to work (probably just my end cos I'm on my phone) but I'm impressed that your first post has videos in :wow:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 22:56:47 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Your furries are gorgeous.  When I was a baby my parents had two Siamese cats (they were a year old when I was born).  Mum would often put me in the pram on the doorstep (you could do things like that back in the 60's  ;)), but she would more often than not end up moving me out of the pram so the cats could be more comfortable as they would always jump into the pram with me.  I knew from a very early age the cats came first! lol
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline CatSlave1976

• Kitten
Hello :)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 22:52:14 PM »

Hi,

I'm currently owned by 2 cats Foggy (Fogarty) and Roxie.  Both are rescues from the RSPCA. 

Foggy is 12 and Roxie is 18 months old.

I've been owned by cats all my life. 

My first cat used to curl around my head as I slept, no matter what my mum and dad did she always ended up in my round.

The rest of the house consists of me, my DH, 5 year old DD, and a greyhound.

Here are so videos of my cats.  Foggy is the tabby and Roxie is the panther wannabe  ;D

Link to CatChat