Author Topic: Purrs Christmas auction 2012 .......  (Read 26561 times)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Purrs Christmas auction 2012 .......
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 08:39:26 AM »
does everything auctioned have to have a cat theme this year, as in previous years?
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 08:38:42 AM »
Mugs?  Who mentioned mugs?  :shify: :shify:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 08:15:26 AM »
oooh looking forward to this!!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 06:23:21 AM »
My kind of shopping and of course I will say again the Mugs are mine :rofl:

Over the years I have had many duels with folks over the mugs and one year I even split a pair and we made more money

The Clan will of course be bidding as Daddy will be in Baku and we have the card number memorised :evillaugh:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Purrs Christmas auction 2012 .......
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 23:34:22 PM »
:birth 2: :pressie: :birth 2: :pressie: :birth 2: :pressie: :birth 2: :pressie: :birth 2: :pressie: :birth 2: :pressie: :birth 2: :pressie:

Wait, don't pelt me with rotten tomatoes just yet  :evillaugh: I know it's early to mention the Chr*****s word   :shoosh: but it's all in a good cause  :wow:

For those new to Purrs here's a bit of background... Purrs the forum began very hastily in November 2006 as a result of CatChat having to close it's forum for a time - Tan and her OH, Chappie, got this site up and running within hours.  Gill and Tan had been planning a Christmas auction in aid of Ron's rescue at LostCatsBrighton and the small matter of not having a forum to host it wasn't going to stop them  :sneaky: And so began the Purrs Annual Christmas Auction (PACA - just made that up  :evillaugh:) in aid of a registered rescue on Purrs. We puts a huge amount of time and effort into the auctions every year to ensure they run like a precision watch and I'm sure this year will be no exception  :)

The Purrs Annual Christmas Auction (PACA :evillaugh:) has gone from strength to strength, despite these tough times we find ourselves in, and we really will have a hard job beating previous years amazing totals

The 2006 auction raised

The final figure raised is..............     £1656.50

for Ron's LostCatsBrighton rescue.

The 2007 auction raised

GRAND TOTAL THIS YEAR IS               £1836.35

for Lesley's Eight Lives Left Cat & Kitten Rescue.

2008 auction raised

TOTAL   2099      

for Paws Inn rescue.

2009 auction raised

TOTAL   2100   

for Sunny Harbour rescue.

2010 auction raised

TOTAL   1800   

for Lost cat Brighton rescue.

2011 auction raised

TOTAL   1832   

for Coventry Cat rescue.

This year will be in aid of Paws Inn Cat Rescue which is the next working rescue in rotation

Now, more specific info will be posted closer to the time but basically it works like this:

If you have anything in your home that is postable, that you think another Purrs member would like, and more importantly would be prepared to bid on and pay for then it can go in the auction  :wow:

The person who is donating the item also pays the postage to send the item directly to the winning bidder but here's the good bit  .....   the winning bidder also pays the postage price added to their winning bid to Purrs and this all gets dished out to the chosen rescue :wow:

We've had some fantastic items donated over the years and absolutely everything is gratefully received - even down to a single teeny tiny mousey toy  :)

Bidding can be fierce at times so this is not for the faint hearted  :naughty:

Here's just a few examples of the many (over 170) items in last years 2011 auction - everything from super cool cat toys, beds, books, luxury cards, mugs -
Along with fantastic items donated by our wonderful auctions sponsors like Simons cat etc
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/board,136.0.html

Specific details and how things work will be announced closer to the time but the auction will begin on 18th November 2012 and will run for two weeks to 2nd Dec , so plenty of time to get the items in the post and to their new homes before Christmas.

That gives us all plenty of time to get together some bits and bobs to pop in the auction and to wrestle with ourselves about things we want to keep but know should go in the auction  :naughty:

Phew.... Any questions, thoughts, comments then chat away here :)
  :wow:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:58:09 AM by Tan »

Link to CatChat