Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 3592 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Greetings
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 16:25:11 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Lovely photos of your furbabes  :Luv2:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Didz

• Kitten
  • A double cat lover
  • Slave to: Lola and Chewy
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 20:06:46 PM »
Okie dokie, I'll start now!
Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

A cat loving Dyslexic

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 20:04:28 PM »
Thanks for that.... but I cannot see it for some reason?

The bonus sections are only available to adult cats, as you can see by your avatar pic you are still a kitten at the moment  :shify: The amount of posts from kitten to adult is a mystery figure so all I can say is get posting  :wow: :pcprob:

Offline Didz

• Kitten
  • A double cat lover
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 19:24:50 PM »
Is there a general chat section?
(non cat related?)

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: your furbabes are gorgeous.

The general (non cat chat section is) http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/board,20.0.html

Thanks for that.... but I cannot see it for some reason?

A cat loving Dyslexic

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 19:14:36 PM »
(non cat related?)

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: your furbabes are gorgeous.

The general (non cat chat section is) http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/board,20.0.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Didz

• Kitten
  • A double cat lover
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 18:52:05 PM »
(non cat related?)

A cat loving Dyslexic

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 17:47:20 PM »

:welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Two absolute beauties you have there :drool;  :Luv: :blow kiss:

Just a quick point about tapatalk, not sure why but on the odd post it will miss of some of the post so you will just see

-----------------------------
Glad you've found us
------------------------------

when the post is actually several paragraphs long! No reason it does this occasionally, seems completely random and a way round it (if you think part of the post may be missing!) is to tap 'quote' as though you were about to reply and you can then see the whole thing!

Offline Didz

• Kitten
  • A double cat lover
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 13:33:57 PM »

I love your avator too and as for the cats  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Ok who or what is Chewbacca.............. :-[

Have a look round the site cos Purrs is a great place and there are things hidden all over the place and everyone is so supportive .

Hi Gill,

Thanks.
Chewbacca is the walking rug in Star Wars.

I will have a look around the site and find the bits. Just found you on Tapatalk :)

We love cats far too much and given more space we would rescue more and more! :)

Didz
A cat loving Dyslexic

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 13:27:37 PM »

I love your avator too and as for the cats  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Ok who or what is Chewbacca.............. :-[

Have a look round the site cos Purrs is a great place and there are things hidden all over the place and everyone is so supportive .

Offline Didz

• Kitten
  • A double cat lover
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 13:22:12 PM »

Aw poor bairns - am so glad they were able to find a secind chance with you and Charlotte (hello Charlotte!).  Grooming them would be such a good way to winning their trust, and it's fab that they let you do it and not only that, but that they enjoy it too.  Paddy, our former glorious Golden Oldie (in me Avatar) was semi longhaired, but he never really liked being groomed all that much - which was fine when he was in his prime, but as he got older, became a bit of a worry, and resulted in many a matted piece of fur being scissored out in the trouser department.   :-[

Do they come and go, or do you keep them as indoor cats?   :)    My stepdaughter's three legged cat moved to Spain with them when they moved out there - and made it back again when they returned back to the UK.  He went on to live a further two years after that, finally letting go at the ripe old age of 18.

Five years old.  So youthful.   ;D   They are a very beautiful duo, and you can be rightly proud of them.   

They are indoor cat now as we are in a flat.
We give them a good run around the whole flat... those pesky toys keeps running away from them daily!
 :evillaugh:

When it comes to grooming Lola will just sit there and let you, with a big smug face!  ;D
Chewy will just lie there but he will let you know when he has had enough! with a look of Mum (or Dad) stop it... you are embarrassing me!  :rofl:

Sounds like a good trip for your stepdaughters cat. A Spanish holiday :)

Didz
A cat loving Dyslexic

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 12:39:47 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs! What beautiful fluffy monsters you have!

Love your avatar too!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 12:31:42 PM »

Aw poor bairns - am so glad they were able to find a secind chance with you and Charlotte (hello Charlotte!).  Grooming them would be such a good way to winning their trust, and it's fab that they let you do it and not only that, but that they enjoy it too.  Paddy, our former glorious Golden Oldie (in me Avatar) was semi longhaired, but he never really liked being groomed all that much - which was fine when he was in his prime, but as he got older, became a bit of a worry, and resulted in many a matted piece of fur being scissored out in the trouser department.   :-[

Do they come and go, or do you keep them as indoor cats?   :)    My stepdaughter's three legged cat moved to Spain with them when they moved out there - and made it back again when they returned back to the UK.  He went on to live a further two years after that, finally letting go at the ripe old age of 18.

Five years old.  So youthful.   ;D   They are a very beautiful duo, and you can be rightly proud of them.   

Offline Didz

• Kitten
  • A double cat lover
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 10:18:47 AM »
Hi Dave - a very big Purrs Welcome to you, Chewy and Lola   ;D :welcome: :welcome:   What beautiful cats you have there, but I can't help thinking that's one mammoth session with a grooming comb  :evillaugh:

How old are your babies and how did you come to share your home with them?  Is Chewy named after Chewbacca by any chance?   :Luv:  You don't see many of their like in rescue (thank goodness!).  Oh - by the way - we just love piccies of cats, and knowing all about the furbabes we share our lives with, so don't be shy of putting pics on the forum.   :)

Hi Sue,

They are both 5 :)
Me and Charlotte (my human other half) have always wanted cats, my parents had a black and white so when we moved out we rescued these two.
And yes Chewy is after Chewbacca as when he runs for dinner he makes the Chewbacca noises  :)
We groom them daily then seam to love it  :briggin:
When we rescued them their fur was all matted and we had a devil of a job sorting it out.

They where rescued as their former owner moved abroad and also as soon as they are outside they bolted :( the former owner kept loosing them for days and weeks :(

But they are now all happy with us.
 :Luv2:

Didz
A cat loving Dyslexic

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 09:59:22 AM »
Hi Dave - a very big Purrs Welcome to you, Chewy and Lola   ;D :welcome: :welcome:   What beautiful cats you have there, but I can't help thinking that's one mammoth session with a grooming comb  :evillaugh:

How old are your babies and how did you come to share your home with them?  Is Chewy named after Chewbacca by any chance?   :Luv:  You don't see many of their like in rescue (thank goodness!).  Oh - by the way - we just love piccies of cats, and knowing all about the furbabes we share our lives with, so don't be shy of putting pics on the forum.   :)

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 09:45:38 AM »
Hi Dave  :welcome: to Purrs  :) Lola and Chewy are lovely  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Didz

• Kitten
  • A double cat lover
Greetings
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 09:39:04 AM »
Hello all,

Just thought I would pop my head in and say hello!

I don't know why I haven't thought of joining a cat forum before!

Pet wise.... it's cats for me!
We have two... Lola and Chewy :)
Both are Chinchilla crosses... Lola is the smaller silver and Chewy is the massive errrr ginger(ish) black! :D
They are both rescue cats :)

There are many many more as I am sure everyone has lots of photos!
Me wise.... I'm Dave, 27 from Surrey and I am a Project Manager :)

Want to know anything more just ask :)

Didz1912
A cat loving Dyslexic

Link to CatChat