Author Topic: Me, Simba and angel cat Bubbles x  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Me, Simba and angel cat Bubbles x
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 07:41:20 AM »

Hi Shannon - a very big warm welcome to Purrs to you and Simba.    :welcome:

So very sad to learn of your loss with Bubbles.  He was clearly a very special and much loved companion, and I think we all know how much it means when we lose a beloved cat. Am pleased you were able to open your heart and your home to give another kitty a chance.   :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 11:36:54 AM »

:welcome: to Purrs Shannon   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

So sorry to hear about Bubbles, sounds like she was your soulmate  :hug: Pleased that you have found room in your heart for little Simba  :Luv2:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 00:27:07 AM »
Hello and welcome.  :hug: :hug:

So much love needs a home, and you'll find it right here on Purrs. Glad you found us.  :welcome:

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
Me, Simba and angel cat Bubbles x
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 00:25:08 AM »
Oh welcome and thanks for sharing your story. Bubbles sounded like a little darling and it's lovely to hear you have another fur baby to share your home with now :-)
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 00:04:05 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

A lovely and sad story but seems that Simba has stolen your heart but you will never forget your special cat Bubbles  :hug: :hug:

I hope you dont mind but am going to remove the yellow triangle cos it is used for especially nasty stuff to warn people.............like cruelty and stuff.

Offline ShannonLouise

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Simba and my angel kitty Bubbles
Me, Simba and angel cat Bubbles x
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 23:21:23 PM »
 Firstly I will briefly introduce myself and then onto my little lion.

My name is Shannon, I am 20 and a self confessed crazy cat lady. I was brought up around all sorts of animals but the feline kind were always my favourite. So that's pretty much me summed up.

I am a slave to one furbaby atm but my heart is shared between two kitty's.
Simba is estimated at around 7weeks, he is sandy colour with ginger stripes, white paws, chin and tummy, his fur is medium length and he feels like a little softtoy., I got him at a teeny tiny 4weeks after mumma cat had been killed, I was only allowed to take one of the kittens from the rescued litter even though I wanted them all. Simba was the first kitten I picked up and he immediate stole my heart by snuggling up in my hood and falling asleep. I have hand reared a kitten before (more about that later) so knew exactly what I needed to do to keep him alive. So his first night consisted of constant monitoring, boobie cuddles for warmth and comfort and kitten replacement milk to fill up his hungry tummy. It took him a couple of days to perk up properly but he hasn't looked back since.
There's so much more I could write but il have plenty of time to tell u all about him, and once I've uploaded all the pictures I have to photo bucket you will be able to see the little darling.

Now for the story of Bubbles, my angel kitty.
Bubbles had a very difficult start in life. Our Mumma cat Kaci was in labour with her second litter, after the first kitten was born with no problems we noticed straight away that KC was struggling with number two, on inspection little Bubbles was breach and Kacis contraction were slowing. So after consultation to the vets we rushed her off to the vets. Some how on the drive there Bubbles was born, not breathing, limp and lifeless. T this point we kick into survival mode and after what felt like two years of rubbing and hoping, Bubbles took his first breaths. At the vets kaci delivered the last kitten also breach with no problems, however Bubbles had been starved of oxygen and they were unsure of how te next 24hours would go. Kaci had problems accepting Bubbles due to the amount of handling he had received so we agreed to hand rear him in the hope that it would boost his chances.

Amazingly he survived his first 24hours and proved to be a little fighter. When he started to grow we noticed he wasn't the brightest cat in the world and would need a helping hand getting the hang of things. So my baby grew and grew and with his litter mates around leant how to be a kitten. He grew up to be a loving big boy who would give anything for some boobie cuddles and kisses.

Unfortunately there came a time when his awareness just failed him and on the 21st march 2011 he was involved in a hit and run, the vets say it was quick and he didn't suffer which is a small mercy. He was buried in my partners garden with his nana and all the animals he had as a child. Bubbles' death hit me hard, it was like losing a child, I cried and cried for weeks with nothing letting me accept that he was gone. I came to terms with it on the first anniversary when it became reality that he really wasn't coming back.

I told myself for a very long time that I would never have another cat, as I could never replace Bubbles. Then I came round to the idea of having a cat but only an indoors cat, I couldn't lose another cat this way. And when I saw little Simba I knew it was time. No Cat will ever take Bubbles place in my heart but they will have thier own little piece.

So this is me and my babies.
All my love x
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 00:05:07 AM by Gill (sneakiefeline), Reason: taking off yellow triangle »

Link to CatChat