Author Topic: Hello! :)  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Hello! :)
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 21:02:40 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 17:30:37 PM »

Oh yes, we had a cat who used to sit on our neighbour's wall and torment their two small dogs by dangling his tail invitingly for them and making them bark like mad.  Then he'd sneer at them and slink away laughing to himself....  :innocent:

Offline catsbe.com

• Kitten
    • Catsbe-com
  • Slave to: Greebo
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 17:19:44 PM »
Kira's puppies are due on december. We are so excited, as this will be her second... uhm... litter (found in the dictionary  :-[)

Kira doesn't love stranger cats, so it is funny to see this big dog running for the garden, barking against the stray kittens near our hose. They are too much clever for our dogs. Sometimes, they sit just outside the fence only to make funny of them :)

However, Kira adopted two kittens without problems, just after her first pregnancy so we are hopeful: I can't live without cats. I touched the honorable number of 13 when I lived with my parents: well, they were the 10 kittens of our 3 wonderful cats. It tooks 3 months to find them home, but my mother was - and still is - against sterilization...
catsbe.com  - the first online cat census!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 15:47:46 PM »

Oh Valentina - am so sorry - I didn't mean to stir sad memories.   :hug: :hug:  You must miss her very much.  She sounds like she was a wonderful cat.  Thought you might be a fan.  I love his books too. 

Ah - you have dogs too!   :wow:  We're currently without a dog, as ours had to be put to sleep in February at the grnad old age of 14.  She had a cruciate injury that didn't heal well, and she went downhill.  I would love to have another dog, but my OH feels he's too old to take on another now (he's retired). 

When are Kira's puppies due?   :)

Offline catsbe.com

• Kitten
    • Catsbe-com
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 15:20:31 PM »
:) hello Sue P (and Fred).

Thak you for your welcome messages ^__^

Yes, of course I'm a Terry Pratchett fan: Greebo was such a wonderful character *__*

But "my" Greebo was a girl. She was so strange, when she was little, so... bad looking, if I can say that... she seemed... a little boss. And so I called her Greebo, as Pratchett's character was a totally bad ass. Instead, Greebo was a wonderful, loving and affectionate little gift... she filled my days...

:( unfortunatelly, she passed away a few years ago. At the moment, my life is a little messy, so I'm waiting to adopt two little friends to give them the better. We have two dogs at our home, Kira and Barbarella (two marvellous White Swiss Shepherd) and we are waiting for Kira to have her puppies to be able to adopt two kittens too. It's so much simple to adopt them when Kira has her own puppies to take care :)

Offline Fred

• Adult Cat
  • Solitaire - our furbaby :)
  • Slave to: Mrs Solitaire Meow & Mr Connery Sir Purrs-Alot (formally known as Milo)
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 15:01:38 PM »
 :welcome:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 14:58:11 PM »

Hello Valentina - a very warm welcome to Purrs to you and to Greebo.    :welcome:   Are you by any chance a Terry Pratchett fan?  I ask of course because of your cat's wonderful name.  ;D

You'll find lots of cat lovers on here - all of us a little bit crazy, so welcome aboard.  We also have some members with Italian connections (Dawn for example - her Mother in Law has just moved to the UK from Italy).  Which part of Italy do you live in?

And - of course the most important thing all of us will ask you - do you have any photos of Greebo?   ;D

Offline catsbe.com

• Kitten
    • Catsbe-com
Hello! :)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 14:51:04 PM »
Hello,

my name is Valentina and I'm an italian "cat addicted" :D

I'm very happy to be on this forum and hope to find other cat lovers, as me!

Link to CatChat