Author Topic: Longest ever lurker?  (Read 6705 times)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
Re: Longest ever lurker?
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2012, 15:00:35 PM »
wow  :drool; :drool; she gorgeous!!!  ;D ;D

I think my Evie Von Squeaks is going to be longhaired. She has the belly, tail & trousers but she hasnt matured into the full on fluff ball yet. She looks like Nuggie did and now he is more furr than cat!  :shocked:

not sure I could cope with the grooming  :scared:

Much depends on the cat's attitood to groomin Helen.  Groucho used to utterly loathe it (grrrrrr  :scared: ) and Boris was not keen but I stuck with it and was very gentle to begin with but now I'm pretty brisk.   I tap the bed with the back of the brush and Groucho jumps up and presents himself with bum facing me then stretches his head backwards for kissing as I brush  :Luv2:  Boris just goes ape  :evillaugh:  He gets so excited and wriggles and heads butts for England  :Luv2:  Doesn't take long at all but with Groucho's fur it's important to stay on top of it.  Boris is more silky. 

Hope Holly loves grooming too  :)

ooh Rosella! I wish Nuggie would let me groom him!  :-[ He clearly didnt inherit Groucho's tolerance!  :doh: I shall have to just don myself in protective clothing and go for it  :-[ i noticed a cotter yesterday and have had to stay armed with scissors until he lets me locate it again and chop it off  :shify: considering his fluffiness and reluctance to be groomed he has kept himself pretty well groomed....but i am beginning to think it was Tazi that kept him well groomed  :doh: :doh:
Although when he went for blood tests the vet took him out back, shaved his neck & took blood with not so much as a flinch  :innocent: :innocent: I think a trip to a groomers and he would let them do it!!

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: Diane  ;D

..........Less than 6months later i got Evie  :evillaugh: she was my choice. but i did my best pet lip. made up some things about how Peanut the
Wonder Cat & Sole Understander & Allie of my Other Half, needed this kittie in his life. He cant let Peanut down, he relents, we get kitten, its his blame.... :evillaugh:............

You plant the seed, water it and then make them think they did it all be their selves  :evillaugh:

;) ;)

Oooooo   I love the sheer genius of this plan.  Heh heh heh.  Nice one.  ;)  And hi Diane - welcome! Welcome to Holly too.   ;D :welcome:

Sue, this manipulation has yet to fail me  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2012, 19:25:01 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: it does look a bit like that!

Wow! She has stunning colouring!  :Luv2:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2012, 23:21:11 PM »
 :wooooo: congrats on the photo posting  :wow: I am a bit concerned about the lovely Holly though  :scared: Looks like you're trying to lure her off a blind drop with Da Mouse  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2012, 21:54:18 PM »
It worked and she is still gorgeous.

Sasa and Lupin groom themselves and Misa has done better this year than usual but know he has something in one trouser and he hates being groomed.

Offline diddly

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Holly
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2012, 18:47:07 PM »
When I first got Holly she hated being brushed with a passion, within the first year she had so many mats I had to take the scissors to her  :scared:  But with lots of patience and maybe just a few prawns, she actually quite enjoys it now, apart from her fluffy trousers, not so keen on those being done!
My first attempt at posting a photo.... here goes  :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2012, 13:34:37 PM »
I think Lu would like to be a longhaired cat so he can be brushed more often  :naughty: He would happily be brushed for hours on end, the second the brush touches him he flops to the ground, writhes around in ecstasy and starts 'air paddling' whilst purring his head off  :Luv2: I guess the problem comes if you have a longhaired cat who simply doesn't tolerate being groomed, a bit like Riley and claw clipping - it's a battle  :tired:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 13:20:46 PM »
Holly is lovely  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 12:05:35 PM »

Wow - Holly, baby - you are amazing!   ;D

Aw Rosella - bless Groucho - he is a love.   :Luv:  And Boris too  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 08:35:26 AM »
the only time I find long hair a pain is when there is a dodgy tum  :sick:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 08:27:25 AM »
not sure I could cope with the grooming  :scared:

Much depends on the cat's attitood to groomin Helen.  Groucho used to utterly loathe it (grrrrrr  :scared: ) and Boris was not keen but I stuck with it and was very gentle to begin with but now I'm pretty brisk.   I tap the bed with the back of the brush and Groucho jumps up and presents himself with bum facing me then stretches his head backwards for kissing as I brush  :Luv2:  Boris just goes ape  :evillaugh:  He gets so excited and wriggles and heads butts for England  :Luv2:  Doesn't take long at all but with Groucho's fur it's important to stay on top of it.  Boris is more silky. 

Hope Holly loves grooming too  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 00:20:19 AM »
Holly is just ph-wo-ar :drool; What a beautiful girl  :Luv: I love long haired cats but not sure I could cope with the grooming  :scared:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2012, 23:58:41 PM »
Honey is just gorgeous  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 22:16:37 PM »
ooooooh what a stunner  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Holly certainly looks like one very pampered little girl  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline diddly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 21:31:49 PM »
Awww thankyou soooo much Rosella for posting those for me   ;D

Thats Holly in her winter coat, she seems to grow a bit of a lions mane.... come the spring its all on my carpet and she looks quite different.  She takes quite a lot of grooming or her fur mats really easily.  :Crazy:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 20:35:37 PM »
All I can say is WOWEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline diddly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 13:59:43 PM »
Thanks for all the welcomes, even though I feel a bit of a fraud as I've been reading this forum for so many years.  :evillaugh:

Thanks for the offer Rosella, I think I will be taking you up on that one, until I pluck up the courage to do it myself ( I just know it will be a disaster)  :rofl:  And yes I do feel like I know everyone already, I have also noticed a few of the old regulars seem to have left now.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 12:21:53 PM »

You're amongst fellow cat addicts here...no lurking needed  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

I wanted a cat to give my grumpy nuggie company after Tazi went off for the bridge.
1. The classic line for you to acheive your goal is: "aww we'll just have a look round..."  :shify: :evillaugh:
2. Separate. Dont let him follow you like a puppy. Set him free to wander and fuss cats on his own (in the bored usual manner most have in these situations).
3. You can now say sentances like "Aww Dolly would love him/her" while pointing out several contenders. Your Other Half, will have already probably bonded with some lone kittie that would have understood and shared his pains and woes of being dragged around by you. THAT kitty is the key. That kittie will get you your 2nd cat. The Other Half fussed it/like it, they shared a moment. The Other Half see it as having his very own "cat"  :evillaugh:

This how i got Peanut  :evillaugh: we "just looked".....I was talking with the rescue lady, cuddling the cats etc getting their history, general chit chat. All the while Simon is bored, doesnt know what to do or say. Along come Peanut. Next thing i turn round and peanut is purring all over him, dribbles everywhere. We looked around the other enclosures, Simon fussing peanut byebye and just before the end and the lady asked if we were interested in any or would we like to go away and think. I did my BEST "what do we do" look at him and he said "i think we'll reserve Peanut. Cos looks like the lad picked us"
My face was like this  :-: but inside i was like this  :cheer: :dance: :chicken: :narna dance: :yayyy:
hahahahahaha its then THEIR decision, THEY picked becos after all - you only wanted to "have a look", didnt you?  :shify: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Less than 6months later i got Evie  :evillaugh: she was my choice. but i did my best pet lip. made up some things about how Peanut the
Wonder Cat & Sole Understander & Allie of my Other Half, needed this kittie in his life. He cant let Peanut down, he relents, we get kitten, its his blame.... :evillaugh:

You plant the seed, water it and then make them think they did it all be their selves  :evillaugh:

;) ;)

Oooooo   I love the sheer genius of this plan.  Heh heh heh.  Nice one.  ;)  And hi Diane - welcome! Welcome to Holly too.   ;D :welcome:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 00:39:47 AM »

You're amongst fellow cat addicts here...no lurking needed  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

I wanted a cat to give my grumpy nuggie company after Tazi went off for the bridge.
1. The classic line for you to acheive your goal is: "aww we'll just have a look round..."  :shify: :evillaugh:
2. Separate. Dont let him follow you like a puppy. Set him free to wander and fuss cats on his own (in the bored usual manner most have in these situations).
3. You can now say sentances like "Aww Dolly would love him/her" while pointing out several contenders. Your Other Half, will have already probably bonded with some lone kittie that would have understood and shared his pains and woes of being dragged around by you. THAT kitty is the key. That kittie will get you your 2nd cat. The Other Half fussed it/like it, they shared a moment. The Other Half see it as having his very own "cat"  :evillaugh:

This how i got Peanut  :evillaugh: we "just looked".....I was talking with the rescue lady, cuddling the cats etc getting their history, general chit chat. All the while Simon is bored, doesnt know what to do or say. Along come Peanut. Next thing i turn round and peanut is purring all over him, dribbles everywhere. We looked around the other enclosures, Simon fussing peanut byebye and just before the end and the lady asked if we were interested in any or would we like to go away and think. I did my BEST "what do we do" look at him and he said "i think we'll reserve Peanut. Cos looks like the lad picked us"
My face was like this  :-: but inside i was like this  :cheer: :dance: :chicken: :narna dance: :yayyy:
hahahahahaha its then THEIR decision, THEY picked becos after all - you only wanted to "have a look", didnt you?  :shify: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Less than 6months later i got Evie  :evillaugh: she was my choice. but i did my best pet lip. made up some things about how Peanut the
Wonder Cat & Sole Understander & Allie of my Other Half, needed this kittie in his life. He cant let Peanut down, he relents, we get kitten, its his blame.... :evillaugh:

;) ;)
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 23:06:49 PM »
Feel free to email me any pics Diane and I'll post em for ya ........... RosellaMoggy@gmail.com and

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Feel you know us all already after all this time  :) :) :)

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 22:04:23 PM »
 :welcome:from lostcatsbrighton :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 22:05:34 PM by ronandcats »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 20:58:55 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Diane  ;D

We are really harmless you know and am pleased you have stopped lurking  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 20:30:56 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Hi Diane,

So pleased you have ventured out from the "shadows"  :rofl: .... there's nothing to be scared of ... you're amongst friends here  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 17:49:48 PM »
Hi Diane,  :welcome: to Purrs  :) hope you manage to figure out how to post pics soon so we can see Holly properly, afraid I can't be of much help as I rarely post pics of my two because I have problems figuring it out as well  :innocent:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 16:10:22 PM »
looks like you are an adult cat now!

Offline diddly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 16:01:54 PM »
Hi Emmmy_lou

Thanks for the advice, if it was just down to me I would have 2  :naughty:

Holly is used to having a furry friend, I adopted her with my boy Harvey, who is sadly no longer with us :'(
They were never a close couple though, but I think she misses a bit of feline company.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 16:04:00 PM by diddly, Reason: bad use of words »

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 14:33:15 PM »
Hello! My advice would be to get 2!!!  :naughty: :naughty:

They will keep each other occupied and out of Hollys hair! Has she always been alone, or have you had other cats?
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline diddly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 12:14:09 PM »
Thanks Dawn, I think I had better go and have a read before I make myself look completely useless  :-[

P.s loving these cat smileys  8)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 11:55:10 AM »
there are some instructions in the techie bit (although I've never managed myself!!)

Offline diddly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 11:54:56 AM »
Well that last post came out completely wrong  :doh:  Was meant to be quoting Helen! lol

Offline diddly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 11:52:57 AM »
Hi Diane and welcome!
[I shall try and suss out how to do it and post some pics a bit later on!  Thanks for the welcome./quote]

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 11:49:30 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Diane  :hug: Would love to see a larger pic of the lovely Holly, she looks very fluffy in your avatar pic!  :Luv:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 11:45:18 AM »
Hi Diane and welcome!

Offline diddly

• Adult Cat
Longest ever lurker?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 11:43:06 AM »
Hi, my name is Diane, I have been a member of this forum for over 4 years now, just to scared to introduce myself properly :scared:
I am mum to Holly, a 5 year old semi long haired rescue puss who is a real scaredy cat!
I have a passion for cats and if it wasnt for my hubbie I would probably own about half a dozen or more  :innocent: I am trying to get him round to the idea of maybe adopting a kitten, any hints and tips on that one would be greatly appreciated.

Link to CatChat