Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Hello!
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 07:33:17 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs!

I love your two little kitties, just gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv:

One of our first cats (Squeaky) used to jump up the chimney, he couldn't get far but used to sit on a ledge up there if anyone came round the house, I used to use a window cleaner then and as soon as he heard them up he went until they'd gone  :evillaugh:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 05:27:56 AM »
Hiya and  :welcome: to Purr's  :)

Yeah, the young ones have a habit of keeping you on your toes, and rolling about the floor in stitches too  :rofl:

Looking forward to more lovely pics of Mogwai and Sweepy  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 23:18:02 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 11:11:19 AM »
Welcome to Purrs!

What beautiful - and naughty - kittens you have!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 07:31:45 AM »

Hello Lee - welcome to Purrs and a very warm welcome to your beautiful babies, Sweetpea and Mogwai   :welcome:  They're beautiful.  And oh yes - they'll find all manner of things to do to keep you on your toes. 

Many years ago, one of the kittens we had managed to climb our chimney too - he didn't get stuck but de-sooting him was a nightmare and it took over four weeks for his white bits to regain their persil gleam.  :evillaugh:  His counterpart, Paddy Padmeister managed to get his paw stuck in the gas fire we had before we decided to open up the chimney and restore the open fireplace.   We had to dismantle it to free him.  :evillaugh:

They bring such joy to our lives though, don't they?  And it's great as you get to see their characters develop in front of your eyes. 

Lovely piccie.   :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 00:24:04 AM »

:welcome: to Purrs Lee  ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Your two little boys are absolutely gorgeous and sounds like they have you head over heels in love with them already! Sounds like they haven't had the best start in life but they've defnitely landed on their paws now  :)

Offline LeeBee

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Sweepy & Mogwai
Hello!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 22:06:59 PM »
Hey there, I'm Lee and I live in Coventry with my partner Ben :)

I am proud to be sharing my life with two wonderful, often mischievous and stress-inducing Kittens, Sweepy (or Sweet-Pea as he is often called) and Mogwai (who we often call Moggie!). Already they have melted our hearts, while doing so putting us in to massive states of shock and worry and also giving us plenty of laughs and lots of love! I would not be without them  :Luv2:

Within a few hours of getting them home, Sweepy decided that it would be great fun to explore our Chimney! He spent the next twenty-six hours in there meowing and making us go through what I can only describe as a living hell - finally, after having no luck in coaxing him down, we removed the hearth and part of the wall! Thankfully, he was perfectly well and is doing great since - all of his mewing had not even been through distress, as we thought it was, but because he was unable to climb any higher!  :-[

Mogwai is very nervous, and on spending his first night in his new home alone went completely missing in the room he was kept in. A complete mystery ensued, moving every piece of furniture, looking in every possible space; and nothing, he had totally vanished. A few hours later, and a few more tears and worried moments later, he turned up inside a bedside cabinet!  :Crazy:

Both of them are relatively feral, having lived their early lives in a shed with little to no human contact, but they are coming on leaps and bounds and actively starting to enjoy our company. Each day brings new magic with our new feline family.

I look forward to sharing more about them with you and getting involved in the forum, learning all about your cats and how you share your lives with them :)

Mogwai and Sweepy

Link to CatChat