Author Topic: Urgent request for cat rescue in Cyprus needing homes in the UK and Europe  (Read 6935 times)

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Honey & Aurora
It's sad, I know full well how the cypriot government act.  Back in 2006-7 time, there was a rescue place in nicosia, no one would come forward to help them stay open, there were no adopters offering to home the animals.  The government ordered all the animals in the care of that place to be put down  :(

I would love to offer a forever home but I couldn't afford the flight costs nor do I know if Honey would get on with another cat, if it didn't work out, that poor cat would be stuck.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
It sounds very sad but the trouble is the rehoming situation is so bad here they may have more luck getting help nearer.   Best of luck for them, hope they get the help they need.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggerwoos

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Katie cat, Gizmo, Potty, Popsy, Alice, Amy, Tigger and soon to be Sapphire:)
I've just looked up Cyprus Pride House on FB and can't find it.

If you search "Cypruscats June Michael"  exactly like that you should find them.  Thanks:)
Katie cat, Gizmo, Potty, Popsy, Alice, Amy, Tigger and soon to be Sapphire:)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
I've just looked up Cyprus Pride House on FB and can't find it.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tiggerwoos

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Katie cat, Gizmo, Potty, Popsy, Alice, Amy, Tigger and soon to be Sapphire:)
I know they're prepared to rehome to anywhere in Europe, but I'm not sure how they would go about advertising to Germany as they don't speak the language. I think as long as they can get as many rehomed as possible in the next month or so to good homes it would be a weight off their mind.  If anyone can contact them they have flyers with the cats available they can email to people.  I have about 10 copies printed out which will be going to vets in my area to spread the word, so if anyone else has a spare few minutes to do the same and get the word out that would be great.  Thanks. :thanks:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Hi Tiggerwoos

Have they tried homing to Germany. A friend of mine used to work for an animal charity in Greece and they re homed most of their animals to Germany. They don't seem to have the same problems with stray and unwanted animals as we do in the UK.   

Offline Tiggerwoos

• Adult Cat
Forgot to say, many are on the pet passport scheme already and those who aren't the laws were lifted this year and it takes just a month to rehome to the UK or anywhere in Europe and there is no need for quarrantine any more.

Offline Tiggerwoos

• Adult Cat
Hello all!

Apologies for not posting here for a while.  I am more of a lurker than a poster!

I am trying to help a charity called Cyprus Pride House who are a cat and dog rescue in Limassol run by a fantastic couple called June and Michael.  At any one time they have approximately 70 - 80 cats and 15 - 20 dogs who they rescue off the streets often on deaths door and try to rehome to the UK.  This is really easy now the restrictions have been lifted to just one month and no quarrantine.

I myself have a rescue cat from Fuerteventura and am getting a kitten from Cyprus called Sapphire next month (in addition to my other 6 UK rescue kitties) and it's very easy to do now.

Unfortunately June has been made redundant and with increasing vet bills and care of the animals, they are looking to be homeless along with the animals if something doesn't happen soon in the next couple of months and are therefore looking to get as many more on to the flight with Sapphire in August as possible as otherwise both they and the animals stand the risk of being evicted.

If anyone can help them please visit their website at www.cypruspridehouse.com or if you want up to date information as to how you can help, whether it is rehoming, buying a small gift from their Amazon wishlist for the cats such as food or donating/fundraising, then please add them as a friend on Facebook.  If you search for CyprusCats June Michael you can find them.  They really are very desperate.

Thankyou for taking the time to read this message.

Link to CatChat