Author Topic: Honey & Amber - South Yorkshire (Homed)  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Honey & Amber - South Yorkshire (Homed)
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 11:56:09 AM »
 :Luv: lovely kitties and really good news for them.

I'll move this to sorted section now.

eta - just realised I bet you're not far from me I'm S Yorks.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:58:00 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: mog, jango & sooty, honey & amber, and flipper ......... additional guests welcome :)
Re: Honey & Amber - South Yorkshire
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 23:13:30 PM »
thank you for giving them the chance of finding somewhere of their own .... it was a big ask for amber who is so timid.   i'm just getting my head around having 5 permanent cats plus 8 foster people.  they'll be ok though ... will do everything i can to make their lives healthy and happy

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 22:54:20 PM »
That's good news for Honey & Amber  :)  :hug: It's a shame that there was no interest in them but at least they have a ready made loving home  :hug:

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: mog, jango & sooty, honey & amber, and flipper ......... additional guests welcome :)
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 22:17:06 PM »
It was probably inevitable really ... but after 10 months of fostering and no enquiries .... I've decided to adopt these two lovely ladies myself.  I can't ask Amber to move again, she's so timid and its taken sooooo long to build up trust.  She's very attached to Honey too so I can't separate them.  I'm a bit anxious about having two more people to be responsible for, and the fact that Honey and one of my lads have a personality clash ... but on balance I think its the best way forward.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 07:32:36 AM »
Best of luck for these two gorgeous babes  :Luv: :Luv:

Keep meaning to check out with Tan how to do the news flashes!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 20:38:48 PM »
Thanks so much Tiggy's mum.  These two girls really are a delight, and no trouble to care for.  Although you can't have cuddles with Amber she rewards in her own way.  There's nothing quite like seeing a very timid cat gradually unwind as she grows to trust you, and come to sit close, lie down and roll on her back. 

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 16:25:53 PM »
These beautiful girls are still looking for that forever home, they're featured on the Purrs front page now so fingers crossed that special someone spots them :crossed:

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
Honey & Amber - South Yorkshire (Homed)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 22:41:54 PM »
These two lovely girls came into foster care 6 months ago when their human fell and broke her hip and was no longer able to care for them.  They're both very pretty girls.  Honey is a loving snuggly cat.  It seems she was a stray and Amber, her daughter, was born whilst she was living rough.  Sadly they both came into rescue too late for Amber to be fully trusting of humans.  Amber won't allow anyone to stroke her but has a charm all of her own.  She's not at all aggressive and as she gets to know you will come closer, watch, roll over on her back near you.  She is utterly adorable.  There's nothing quite like seeing a timid little cat grow to trust you.

They'll need a reasonably quiet home, with special kind understanding human(s) but get on ok with other cats.

Please have a look at their ad and photos here:  http://accidentalfosterer.wordpress.com/furry-people-seeking-new-homes/honey-amber-seeking-someone-special/
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:54:42 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat