Author Topic: A tail of two kittens  (Read 23936 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: A tail of two kittens
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 11:05:43 AM »

Topping up the vibes here too.   :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2012, 10:56:57 AM »
Poor little guy, keeping you and little Tenzing in my thoughts today. Bless his heart.  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2012, 09:38:05 AM »

Oh no!   Oh Sam.  Am praying he'll be alright.   :(  I couldn't bear anything to happen to the little feller.  He's such a plucky little chap.  Am sending every positive thought and good wish for him.  Please let us know how things go.   :hug:

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2012, 09:35:10 AM »
 :thanks: Sue

poor tenzing had to be rushed to the vet last night with an infection in his wound  :scared:
we are very worried. good luck vibes to him please
:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2012, 18:43:24 PM »

Oh Sam - that's just marvellous.  He's such a brave lil' sodja  :wow: :wow:  I didn't realise he had a donations page.  Have just raided Ross's piggy bank and made a little contribution.  :evillaugh:  I love this little guy - am sending a very gentle snoozle specially for him, from me and Ross.   :hug: :hug:

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 12:15:09 PM »
2 more pics of pre-op Tenz.
Couldn't resist  :)
first one = poser  :Luv:
second one = notice the tail! Tenzing sucks the end of it! poor boy can't anymore while he is recovering so it might have a chance to be fluffy to the tip  :)

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2012, 10:18:27 AM »
Update (Knew you would be wondering Sue  :) )

Tenzing went for his first op last week and he has one straightish leg now.  :wow: except it has a fixater sticking out and the bottom bit is very bulbous were they had to twist his bone round  :sick: He is putting weight on it and it will hopefully grow stronger quickly. It has taken it out of him though and he was a bit shaky when he came back. Although being a shaky kitten with a 'lampshade' on gets you HUGE amounts of sympathy so he has had a lot of attention and gentle strokes too.

More details here on his money-giving page http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=Tenzing-the-Brave-Kitten

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 13:51:27 PM »

Oh that's encouraging news, Sam   :wow:  Will keep everything crossed for this little guy.  He's such a little darling he deserves every chance. I have a very soft spot for him.   :Luv2:  Thank goodness they're doing the initial consultation free, too  :hug: :hug:

Thank you for passing on my  :hug:s

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 12:39:03 PM »
Hi Sue,
thank you - next time I see Tenzing i will give :hug: from you  :)

He is going for an appointment at an orthapediac vet on friday, next week. They were recomended from our vet from a couple that we could of used. So he will be travelling to St helens were the vet there is very curious about him and is letting us have a first consultation for free as we are a rescue. Thank you Rutland House  ;D

will let you know what they say

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 07:42:15 AM »

Just wanted to pop by to say "Hi" to Tenzing and to ask how he's doing?  Hope all is good with the little feller.  Think about him a lot.   :hug: :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 11:43:48 AM »
Great news about Jubilee  :)

As for Tenzing, well - what a bully! Picking on that poor defenceless kitten toy, then taking on Rocky  :evillaugh: He has no idea how special he is  :)

I think Fitzpatricks are a referral centre but it's still a bit rude to just not reply!  More to do with the admin staff than the vets themselves though so don't let that put you off - they really do seem to be able to work miracles!

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 20:09:05 PM »
Isn't Tensing wonderful? such a lovely active and bright kitten.x :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 17:27:32 PM »
Tensing is just wonderful and do hope someone can help him  :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 12:47:06 PM »
 Hey Sam -  :wow: :hug:  So very pleased to hear that Jubilee was such a clever little girl to bag herself a forever home with her scarf technique.  :evillaugh:

And those videos of Tensing - I am so in love with that little guy.  :Luv2:  Nothing and no-one is gonna hold him back, are they? He throws himself into everything so wholeheartedly.  It would be fabulous if the vets were able to do something for him to make life easier, but even if they can't it has to be said he's coping remarkably well. 

Shame about Fitzpatricks but as you say, it may be they only respond to a professional referral.    At least you tried.    :hug:

So lovely to get an update.  Thanks very much Sam.  :hug:

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 11:58:16 AM »
 :thanks: for your interest.

Jubilee is absolutley fine and went to her new home last weekend. She was very poorly for a while but all the blood and poo tests came back negative and slowly she came round and turned into the most bright, charming and leggy black kitten. When her new owner came in looking fior a kitten she draped herslf round his neck and stayed there purring until I popped her back in the pen. She was such a star even if she was asleep and heard someone come into the kitten house she would start purring!

Tensing was well enough to go and have an xray last week. Our vets thought that his bones looked OK and its his tendons that are the problem. So we are hopeful something might be able to be done to correct his disability. the x-ray is now at our local orthapedic vet who should be able to tell us more and also advise us about any pads or such that he could wear to help him. Not that its holding him back any! here is two more videos of him pouncing and learning his attack moves to play with his reluctant friend Rocky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=ZROJ_4K5maA
[/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxPQ1ZzhpqY&feature=relmfu[url]

Tiggys Mum - thanks for the link. We are still considering fizpatricks. I did try to contact them twice but they did not reply. They probably have a lot of queries and may only reply to referals from a vet.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 17:34:38 PM »

Wondering how these two little scraps are doing?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
A tail of two kittens
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 09:25:36 AM »
How are these two babies coming along, any updates?

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 09:27:26 AM »
Thank-you Tiggy's mum - fitzpatricks website didn't have anything about radial hypoplasia specifically but they do seem like the experts. i will at least contact them and see what they say. we have had some offers from our supporters to help with the paying of his treatment so we will do what we can.

to Liz - good work! we have a feral mum here at the moment and it felt like such an achievement yesterday when she blinked and yawned at me! She has let me handle her kittens too which is great. i wish i had more time to spend with the occasional feral we get in because masses of time is what they need.

Aw bless the pair of them, but isn't Tenzing a right little Rufty Tufty?   For all his disability it doesn't stop him trying - loved the video of him stalking Rocky.  What a shining little spirit.  I do hope that he can get some help, but that if it isn't possible, that he can find a home where he can live and be loved and have a fantastic quality of life insofar as he sets the rules on his limitations.   :Luv:

Perfectly put Sue  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 19:16:20 PM »
Pleased to hear that Jubilee is picking up  :) Also pleased to hear that the other kitten was found (and hopefully being looked after by a kind person  :) ).

we scrimp on everything here except vet bills so we will do everything we can for Tensing. Probably we will try and straighten his legs  once he is fully grown, just so he can be bobbling about on his pdds rather than his wrists which are already a little sore as he wont stop moving about! in the meantime we will get him an indoor home with carpets and an understanding owner. this shouldn't be too hard seeing how great he is.

Have you heard of Noel Fitzpatrick, the Bionic Vet?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10404251

http://www.fitzpatrickreferrals.co.uk/

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 12:25:52 PM »
Bit missed on my post (this was in ref.to a post on ***tree)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 12:20:48 PM »

He is such a little poppet.  Makes me feel so aggrieved at whoever dumped them.  >:(

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 11:47:57 AM »
The other kitten was caught and given to a passerby who said she wanted to look after him/her. The family searched the area for any other kittens which might have jumped out which is why they attracted the attention of someone else. Hopefully the kitten is alright.

Yes isn't tensing a star! he is not going to let anything hold him back.  ;D

we scrimp on everything here except vet bills so we will do everything we can for Tensing. Probably we will try and straighten his legs  once he is fully grown, just so he can be bobbling about on his pdds rather than his wrists which are already a little sore as he wont stop moving about! in the meantime we will get him an indoor home with carpets and an understanding owner. this shouldn't be too hard seeing how great he is.

Jubilee is a little better too, although she didn't appreciate having her rear end washed (she rather enjoyed the hairdryer though).
Thank you kittensmittens  :)

..and a photo of Tensing pausing for a cuddle

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 18:16:01 PM »
Two little angels  :Luv2: Some people are just wicked, how anyone could dump these poor defenceless little things is beyond me  :( Did the kitten that jupmed out of the box ever get found? Hope so  :shy:

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 13:30:53 PM »
tenzing :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: oh lord what a cutie :Luv2:
I swear i cannot understand people who dump cats in boxes in random places :censored:
at least drop them at a rescue where they have a chance , some people are so evil >:(

I do hope they all get homed as these little mites so deserve some love after all that they have suffered.
well done you for caring :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 13:11:27 PM »
If we were closer I would take them both in a heartbeat to be Clan kittens ours have issues, ailments, bit missing, bits broken but all have blossomed under our care and even Lennox whi is about 15 months old a written off feral with his Mum Annie and the nasty Miss maddison 3 legged feral are coming out of their shells in fact lennox now gives kisses and I can pick him up and tickle his tummy not bad for 5 months hard work
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 12:58:25 PM »

Aw bless the pair of them, but isn't Tenzing a right little Rufty Tufty?   For all his disability it doesn't stop him trying - loved the video of him stalking Rocky.  What a shining little spirit.  I do hope that he can get some help, but that if it isn't possible, that he can find a home where he can live and be loved and have a fantastic quality of life insofar as he sets the rules on his limitations.   :Luv:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 12:53:11 PM »
Awwww Tenzing is just the cutest and doesn't let it stop him at all.  Hope they both do well.

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 11:57:20 AM »
That Tenzing's a spirited little thing,sending him lotsss of good vibes.I do wonder about "people",i suggested some one got the 2 males that she was getting rid,to get them neutered.She replied that the ones that had them,might want kittens!she implied i was a time waster!!

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 11:16:40 AM »
Sending lots of positive vibes for Jubilee and Tenzing. Hope they both make good progress.
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
A tail of two kittens
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 10:51:47 AM »
Along with all the kittens we get from eejits that haven't neutered their cats we often get some coming in that have been dumped. we had two very special little mites come in the past week.

Jubilee
Found in a trolley park in a local supermarket on Jubilee bank holiday. this little black kitten is a super friendly little thing. currently very ill with servere diarrhoea. We hope she makes it. Thats her in the picture.

Tenzing
A family saw an open cardborad box on the side of the road. in it were two kittens. One jumped out but the second one didn't. He couldn't. they brought the box straight to us and the poorliest scap was curled up inside. After a day baking in the sun and one very swollen eye, he looked terrible, as soon as I saw him I didn't think he would make it through the day. His front paws all floppy and twisted. He started eating and after treatment to his eye we investigated his paws. the were deformed - he probably has radial hypoplasia (which makes him a squitten). As soon as he is strong enough we will be taking him to orthopaedic vet so see what we can do for him. Our founder called him Tenzing as he has a mountain to climb :) Not that he seems to be phased at all. This is him captured in a video facing off the house resident Rocky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgdd91CtrME&feature=youtu.be

Link to CatChat