Author Topic: Update..Nemo Ill kitten.  (Read 23181 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Update..Nemo Ill kitten.
« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2012, 08:29:04 AM »
isn't lip licking a sign of nausea?  I'm sure mark or someone had a cat with it

glad the poo is being assessed, would be great if you could get this sorted out once and for all and start having some fun with little nemo  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2012, 23:45:54 PM »
I think a quarter of a sachet every couple of hours will be fine and you have to remember up until now he has been losing everything that went in and thats peobably why his tummy is gurgling and he is hungry.

Ne happy that he has been fine for one movement bbut it takes time to correct so will be a few days before a constant patern.

Reading about his lip licking.....is he thirsty?

It sounds worrying, do you have a camera or phone that takes videos, if so would be a good idea if you could take a vidoe of this and take to the vet to show him. Also keep a written record of every time it happens, what sounds he makes and how long it goes on for. Also what he does exactly just like you have on here.

I hope that yout vet can help little Nemo  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Tasia

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Tipsy and Nemo
« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2012, 21:16:51 PM »
Thankyou Gill for your good wishes.....

I just want to update you guys a wee bit about Nemo...Today the vet rang me well not the actual vet but the nurse. She asked me how Nemo has been so I told her he has been really well lots of energy, eating and sleeping well, still lip licking now and then after waking up though.

She told me that the vet has emailed her as he needs a fresh poo from nemo. (they didnt send off the last two) but she also said if I felt Nemo needed this to be done still if he is feeling better....I replied that I still want Nemo to have the poo looked at as im still not happy with the lip licking, she said that is fine and she will send poo off tomorrow morning and that my vet has asked me not to give Nemo his 2nd injection on Thursday, to leave it another week as he is on antibiotics. Ive still got to go to the vet this thursday to get Nemo checked over and weighed...Anyway all day nemo has been absolutely fine and he did a poo, that was perfect lol it was like a normal poo nearly it was long and thin I was so happy I couldnt believe my eyes..

Then a couple of hours later, Nemo went to sleep. I walked into the room after a while to see him and he woke up staring at me then yowled not miaowed he stood up and yowled again, my husband was there thankgod  as I hate seeing him like this it breaks my heart to pieces and then the lip licking started and then he was putting his head forward trying to be sick, this lasted around 5 to ten mins, he wasnt sick atall and we stroked him and he has gone back to sleep, but I could hear his tum gurgling away...I was just thinking at last we are getting somewhere with the poo looking nearly normal and all and now this has happened. I love him so much and am so frightened something awful is going on with his tum. As ive said ive got another vet appointment on Thursday and they are sending this new poo sample off in the morning. He has been such a well boy. Maybe im feeding him too much i feed him not even half of a 200gram sachet of id every two and half hrs..do you think its too much for him?

Thankyou all again for any replies...Tasia xx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2012, 01:17:29 AM »
Loads of good wishes to Nemo and you  :hug: :hug:

Offline Tasia

• Adult Cat
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2012, 23:03:38 PM »
Hi Girls..Yes Sheila Ill deffinately be keeping my glasses next to me from now on lol.....Just to let you know Nemo has had a good day no retching although he has had antibiotics..his poo had no blood too..and was a wee bit thicker too..Maybe I should bite my tongue..
Tonight he is running mad around the place and trilling or chirping (you know what I mean) its so sweet, he seems so happy bless him.

Lets hope this continues.

Ill be intouch soon. Tasia xx

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2012, 14:57:06 PM »
Tasia, keep those glasses by your bedside or you're going to end up in therapy  :Crazy:

Pleased to hear he's better today.  :)

Wretching is something we find painful and disgusting when it happens to us, cats seem to almost enjoy a good wretch! I have eight of 'em and never a day goes by that I don't either stand in a pile of cold sick  :sick: or need to shovel a pile out from behind the radiator/cat bed/sofa  >:( I have a roll of kitchen paper and a spray cleaner in every room  :shy:

Get the hang of it, learn to relax when little Nemo starts chugging. You're doing fine :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2012, 14:19:41 PM »
oh they do make us worry don't they!  I hope they can sort out what is going on with him, although as the others say if he is putting on weight that has to be a good thing

Offline Tasia

• Adult Cat
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2012, 14:13:56 PM »

So good to hear he's gained that weight  :wow:  Tasia - you and your vet are doing all of the right things, checking, eliminating various things and looking at all avenues.   :hug: :hug:

Am going to be away for a week but sending you and Nemo shedloads of positive vibes and loving thoughts.   :hug: :hug:
Aww..Thankyou so much Sue, and thankyou all for being so positive as im a nervous wreck really..Last night Nemo fell to sleep on his fav blanket at the bottom of my bed. I know its probably wrong but I usually keep him with me just to check on him all night. Its very tiring though as he is up and awake usually at 5.30 but I dont care as long as he is ok. Anyway around 2.30 I woke up to find him retching on the floor next to my bed really violently..I was beside myself I managed to calm him down and decided to sleep downstairs on the couch and let nemo run around and play with his toys after that awful episode. He wasnt sick or anything I dont know what is causing that again maybe it is the antibiotic..Than this morning when I went into the kitchen to feed him I thought I saw blood inside his mouth..well as you can imagine, I nearly died my husband came running in to see what was going on(again) and told me to put my blooming glasses on...lol..it was just his pink tongue..I think im actually cracking up here...Anyway never mind today Nemo is fine and eating and playing. I will try to calm myself down and stop worrying so much...He is such a sweet little thing, cant help but love and worry about him.

Thankyou again girls..you always manage to make me feel better..

Ill keep you all updated. xx :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2012, 06:10:10 AM »

So good to hear he's gained that weight  :wow:  Tasia - you and your vet are doing all of the right things, checking, eliminating various things and looking at all avenues.   :hug: :hug:

Am going to be away for a week but sending you and Nemo shedloads of positive vibes and loving thoughts.   :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2012, 00:12:55 AM »
I agree with Sheila and think that Nemo is fine and if he has put on all that weight in a week, he is doing well. I just think his tummy is a bit sensitive but will improve as he gets older  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2012, 22:51:14 PM »
Tasia, it sounds as if your vet is  quite relaxed about the whole thing.
I think you too can relax bit more. All cats vomit, kittens surrounded by grown ups are likely to get winded. It's just a part of growing up with big brothers  :shocked: :doh:
Wait for the results and watch his eating habits - so long as he's eating and drinking a little, you really don't need to worry too much.  :)

Offline Tasia

• Adult Cat
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2012, 22:23:05 PM »
Sorry as I didnt end the post. Sometimes they both play quite roughly and maybe this is why Nemo started to retch.

He seems to be a happy wee boy tonight and is still eating very well girls and as ive said he has put all that weight  which I think is amazing although still looks so skinny. Just praying that he will be ok and that it isnt anything serious.

Vet will ring me in the week to let me know about the poo sample..ill let you all know what he says...

Thanks again for all your support for Nemo....Tasia and Nemo xxx

Offline Tasia

• Adult Cat
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2012, 22:13:43 PM »
Thankyou Gill and Sue for your loving thoughts to Nemo.

To update you:..On Wednesday vet asked me to drop off Nemos poo..I had two days worth....Vet didnt want to see Nemo as I told him he was fine, full of life and a very naughty wee kitten up to all sorts, even climbed up my blinds in the front room! hee hee..

Today different story. although Nemo still a happy wee chap. He has been waking up lip licking, swallowing and has retched too.

He has only been doing two soft poos a day the last couple of days no blood. but today a tiny wee amount again..

I took him to vet and he has put on 150grams in a week...Im over the moon about that.

Vet has decided to send poo off tonight as said it doesnt matter that it is a few days old...he didnt send it off on Wednesday as he thought nemo would be fine..he said if it comes back no parasites, next on the list is blood tests and even an xray of stomach..He said he really thought after the weekend Nemo would be ok but has given him these antibiotics to try for a week as apparently they are good for the stomach..Vet mentioned it may be the liver shunt, be he is not sure about anything at the moment, just crossing off the list..

I love him so much and it breaks my heart to think it might be something really awful..

Just to let you girls know the latest about my little tiny lad...Thankyou for all your concern and ill keep you updated.
He was playing so much with Tipsy tonight but then started to retch again. I think it was probably the antibiotics and sometimes Tipsy lands on his tummy when playing and he is a big heavy boy...xx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2012, 07:08:45 AM »

Adding my thoughts to Gill's.    :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2012, 01:09:42 AM »
Sending lots of love to Nemo  :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2012, 17:53:18 PM »

Tasia - his poor little tum may indeed look enlarged - if he has irritation and a build up of gas, then it follows his tummy can swell - a bit like in humans with irritable bowel syndrome.   Your vet sounds like an understanding chap, so try not to worry and pre-judge the situation before the next appointment.  You're giving the little fellow so much love and care, he's got an excellent chance of getting this resolved.   :hug:

Offline Tasia

• Adult Cat
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2012, 16:25:53 PM »
Hi girls,

Thankyou for your replies. The vet told me that if Nemo starts to improve than they will look into giving him some different food he said to keep Nemo on the ID for now as it has alot of nutrients in it but also very gentle on his tummy. I suppose if the poo samples come back ok and he has put on a small bit of weight maybe that will be what he suggests to do next. I really hope we dont have to start giving him blood tests as the vet said Nemo would have to be put under for it..His little legs are so so skinny I cant see where they would be able to put a needle, anyway im praying that it doesnt come to that. Nemo little tum looks big to me compared to the rest of his body but maybe im imagining it. Ill mention about the malabsorbtion to him too tomorrow...Thankyou girls again for your replies ill keep you updated xx

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2012, 15:54:17 PM »
I know its easy to say Hun but I really wouldnt worry too much about a little blood in his poo - when my Bengals were babies we had a nightmare with them having the runs and blood in their poop, it turned out that they cant eat any foods containing grain (but thats another chapter - LOL) have any of the vets suggested feeding Nemo with Hills AD to build him up - The breeder that my cats come from always uses it in kittens that are struggling to gain weight.  There is a condition called malabsorbtion where the kitten does not take enough goodness/nutrients from the food - has your vet looked into this?
Baby Nemo is gorgeous and I hope he is all better soon  :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2012, 15:16:27 PM »
This new vet sounds very sensible, Tasia. I'd stick with him if you can (ask when you make the appointment to see this vet specifically so you don't have to start from scratch each time).

Kitten food is quite a bit higher in calories than ordinary grub so without it Nemo's little body is craving those extra calories. If he's still hungry, try giving him more frequent small meals to compensate (remember, cat tummys are mouse sized - any more than this and it's puke time  :sick: )

I think he's doing just fine, some kittens tums just take that bit longer to settle than others, don't worry you're doing everything right.  :hug:

Offline Tasia

• Adult Cat
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2012, 14:02:49 PM »
Thanks Gill x....Just a bit of an update. Yesterday Nemo although full of beans and very lively did a poo that was soft again with a tinybit of blood so I decided to ring the emergency vet. It was actually the vet that I saw on Friday which was good because I didnt have to start explaining everything again. He told me that as long as Nemo is not lethargic or not eating etc., than not too worry and that I have to bring him back to the vet Wednesday with a poo sample. I said to him that the diarrhea and him being sick on Saturday started after me giving him the wormer and paste. He told me that this would not make him ill and that he feels these symptoms he has now is just the next step of whatever problem he has. I boiled him up a little bit of chicken to mix into his id and he has been loving it his poo has got a wee bit thicker today and he is playing loads too. It still had a wee bit of blood. The vet told me that Nemo is hungry because he is not getting any nutrients through his body with the food!... At the end of the day Nemo seems to be a very happy little boy with lots of energy especially these last two days he is not waking up lip licking or swallowing so that is a plus too as that was happening loads before the weekend I havent seen him do it atall since he had the paste...so in some ways he is better its just this soft poo ive got to sort out..

Ill be intouch again tomorrow to let you know what vet says..xx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2012, 23:30:27 PM »
I think Nemo is doing very well and that given a chance he will just keep on improving  ;D

Offline Tasia

• Adult Cat
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2012, 11:13:07 AM »
Hi Tasia,

I work at a vets and can try and ask a few people to see if they have any other ideas what could be the problem.

There is a condition called portosystemic shunt which some of the symptoms sound a little like. We have had kittens in with this before and it is a congenital condition that effects the blood flow to the liver. Obviously i do not want to frighten you and i am not saying this is what it is as it could be many things. The next step to find out if it could be this would be to perform a blood test.

The increased stomach sounds are probably due to a large build up of gas. The other thing i was going to ask is whether the vet has sent off a sample of poo to be cultured as it may be some kind of bacteria.

Just a couple of ideas! Amanda thankyou for your help too xx

Offline Tasia

• Adult Cat
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2012, 11:07:46 AM »
Hi girls,

Thankyou again for replies. I will hold off on the stronghold for a few days than and I will mention it again to my vet when I see him Friday to make sure that its ok for Nemo to use as he is underweight.

I cant see any fleas on him atall, no itching or anything.

The vet said if there is no improvement the next step will be blood tests. I havent taken poo samples down yet, but maybe that is something im going to have to do next too if no improvement in weight etc.,

I dont like the sound of the liver thing..im really worried now. but as long as I can make him better I dont care.

He is eating very well still and lively. I dont know if he has diarreh today as he hasnt done a poo yet. All this diarreh and vomiting started after the vet giving me all those medicines for him, bless him his little tummy obviously cant take alot. Im deffinately not giving him the stronghold yet.

Thanks again girls for all your help and advice. Ill come back later and let you know what kind of day Nemo has had. At the moment he is kneeding again on his favourite blanket and rubbing his nose on it..so sweet.. xx

Offline Amanda (mad4moggies)

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Spot 18/04/11 - Missed more than words can say
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2012, 23:05:02 PM »
Hi Tasia,

I work at a vets and can try and ask a few people to see if they have any other ideas what could be the problem.

There is a condition called portosystemic shunt which some of the symptoms sound a little like. We have had kittens in with this before and it is a congenital condition that effects the blood flow to the liver. Obviously i do not want to frighten you and i am not saying this is what it is as it could be many things. The next step to find out if it could be this would be to perform a blood test.

The increased stomach sounds are probably due to a large build up of gas. The other thing i was going to ask is whether the vet has sent off a sample of poo to be cultured as it may be some kind of bacteria.

Just a couple of ideas!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2012, 23:01:51 PM »
Contra indications/warnings for Stronghold from NOAH ......

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Pfizer_Limited/Stronghold_Spot-On_Solution_for_Cats__ACY-amp_ADs-_Dogs/-31092.html

Specifically this may be what you were thinking of Sheila?

Do not use in cats that are suffering from concomitant disease, or are debilitated and underweight (for size and age).

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2012, 22:31:46 PM »
Just being ultra cautious, Tasia, if there's no sign of fleas on him at the moment I'd hold off until his tummy is at least a little more settled.

The fewer variables to cause problems, the better, and some (very, very few) small cats can react to flea treatments (sluggish, sleepy) so if its going to cause more worry, just hold off for a wee while.

Baby steps, my brother calls it. One at a time, slow and steady she goes...then you can gauge what's working, and what's not.

Offline Tasia

• Adult Cat
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2012, 21:54:29 PM »
Hi Sheila,

I just popped on...I wont put the stronghold on yet if you think I shouldnt. It is the one for the kittens. My vet told me to use it after the worming sachet..Nemo still has diarreh too and had a little blood in it again tonight. But he is very lively still. Ill come on again tomorrow for more advice...Tasia xx

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2012, 18:00:40 PM »
Can someone please advise on putting Stronghold on so soon after a digestive treatment? Not sure but there might be some contra-indications? I don't use it so haven't got the sheet handy, but I'd be cautious with such a small cat?

Offline Tasia

• Adult Cat
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2012, 17:49:40 PM »

Just popping by to say I hope you managed to get some sleep Tasia, and to say I hope Nemo is perkier this morning.

You'll find one or two other   hubbies on here, sometimes they need a firm telling off and written instructions before they finally "get" it.

And yes - I second this - I have one.....   :-[ :evillaugh:
Aww that is so cute about the blanket brought tears to my eyes. Yes unfortunately my hubby is the sort that cant be told..he is greek maybe that has alot to do with it lol..

Thank you all girls for your advice again,. Today Nemo is alot better although still have a bit of diarreh but we havent seen any blood today in it also Nemo has had no vomiting today and is playing loads more eating well and more alert.

I rang up my vet this morning and it was only an hour ago they rang me back. I asked them about the paste and she told me to finish it off today that it couldnt have been the paste that would cause the sickness as this is very very gentle on the tummy. Ive only got enough left for today anyway. It was just 3 days worth..I said Nemo was sick yesterday but seems much better today and his diarreh is getting thick bits in it..I was told this sounded good and that Nemo seems like he is on the mend and to just keep an eye on him if he goes down hill again to ring the emergency vet.

Im just hoping he isnt sick again now Ive just finished off giving him the paste. He is eating very well today I must say and I feel happier about him. Ive never seen worms in his sick or his poo I really dont know if its parasites causing these problems. I have finished his worming today too but tomorrow I have to put the stronghold on him tomorrow. He did wake up again with that look on his face he usually looks like that just before he starts retching but thankgod no retching came. he lip licked and swallowed again but it didnt last long and he fell back to sleep.

Thankyou all again for your help , I really dont know what I would do without you all..Tipsy doesnt seem well today he has been sneezing alot and sleeping which is very unlike him, but he just ate a full bowl of Felix and has gone back to sleep so im hoping maybe he just has a chill...honestly if its not one its the other...

Sorry for late reply but was waiting for the vet to ring..Actually didnt speak to the vet again he was too busy it was the nurse again..

Ill be intouch with an update tomorrow...(thats if all goes ok tonight)..many thanks again xxx :thanks:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2012, 14:33:18 PM »
I used the sachets as the vet gave me a couple once when I first got Pandora ans she went round hoovering all the food including Whiskers wet and Felix wet when I went to bed . All litters trays had been used by her at least twice and she had to have her bum washed. Few times .
I found them really good and effective.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2012, 13:58:36 PM »
Yes those are the capsules Sheila and thats a good price if its 50  ;D

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2012, 11:54:30 AM »
I've been using Promax paste for my little guys when they get upset tums (same stuff, generic brand) and this has worked but is messy and difficult to control dosage.

Gill, are they Protexin Symbiotic DC capsules you like? I'd like to try Polly on some as she's still got a bit of a gurgly tum and has had some diarrhea this week too. She's had up and down tum since she arrived on March 19th, vet thinks its just her age (12) and sudden change of lifestyle for her and is not worried as she's gained weight and is very happy, but thinks she may benefit from a few more good bacteria. Animed are pushing out 50 caps for £14.50 inc delivery!

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2012, 11:28:05 AM »
the worms dying can cause cats to vomit, if this is the case you should see the worms  :sick:

My Neko was on the kitty face paint paste (so nicknamed by Helen  :evillaugh:) for a few weeks, i used to just put it on top of his food i think but hed have eaten the plate given half the chance  :evillaugh: so no trouble getting him to eat it. this shouldnt be upsetting his stomach but if it is the cause the capsules will do the same, id be more inclined to stick with the paste if it were me and just check with the vet about it possibly making Nemo sick, if it works, move onto the capsules longer term? i think the unusual foods the more likely culprit, would be very rich and he may well have gulped it

:hug: Nemo will get better,hes a lucky boy- the kneading on the blanket is because it smells like your family and thats where he feels safe and happy which reminds him of the safe and happy feeling he had with his mum so whatever else the wee lad is going though, he knows hes loved and he knows hes found his family  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2012, 08:34:10 AM »

Just popping by to say I hope you managed to get some sleep Tasia, and to say I hope Nemo is perkier this morning.

You'll find one or two other   hubbies on here, sometimes they need a firm telling off and written instructions before they finally "get" it.

And yes - I second this - I have one.....   :-[ :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2012, 02:45:32 AM »
I think you will find capsules much easier to use because there is so little powder and you can just pull the capsules apart sprinkle out half and then put the capsule together again. You can also use a smaller dose

They can also be bought online and I had some from the vet and bought some more............where are they ! Have found them!

So I used  20 capsules from the vet and another 20 that I bought from Vet UK, so it took 80 days before I was sure that Lupin was OK and before that we had about 6-8 weeks when nothing was working and I had tried lacto B.

Incidently these probiotics are for loose stools not sickness and Abs can cause all the good bacteria in the stomach to be killed and these help to build up the good bacteria just like probiotic yogart.

Sorry if you knew this.

I have looked at the box and cant find how much is in each capsule but a whole capsule is meant for a dog, it says.

It cost me £18,35 for 50 capsules, vat and P&P and just looking at the date it was 12 Feb 12, so think Lupin or someone must have an upset tummy and what I said above about 80 days was not right......I think I used them on Sasa this year not Lupin. So used about 30 days worth on Lupin in one go but that was after trying loads of other stuff food wise and he may have had abs jabs and did have worming stuff.

Lupin arrived with me on 1 Jul 11 and was immediately neutered and he was 10 months old. After being neutered his tummy went and went and went and reckon it was at least two months before we got to the right food and protexin.

Bed time LOL

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2012, 01:08:03 AM »
Hi,
Just a note about the protexin as I use this and have done on two greedy kittens !
Vet uk do protexin professional 5g sachets for  £2.49 each , much easier to just sprinkle on food and mix in.
There is another good probiotic called Aviproplus , also from VetUK,, big tub of 100g for around £6.50 . Very good for poorly cats, just mix a scoop in food the same .
Well worth keeping these in , I wouldn't be without it
Hope he is better soon  :hug:

Offline Tasia

• Adult Cat
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2012, 00:35:24 AM »
Hi Girls, its 12.25 and im still not in bed. I came on here to see if you replied and you have made me feel so much better thankyou so much. Little Nemo ate some more food and he has gone up to bed with my daughter for the night. My daughter is 16 and loves him dearly. She will keep an eye on him for me tonight as Im not sleeping too well lately.

I take onboard everything you say and I will ring the vet tomorrow about the protexin. Nemo did have a bit of diarreh (so sorry that its spelt wrong) this evening but just a wee bit.

His appetite did come back though so im really happy and now after reading your replies I do feel much better.

Thankyou girls. I shall go to bed now and sleep.

Ill be intouch tomorrow.

night night xx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2012, 00:11:40 AM »
Its more like to be what he has eaten making the sick brown I think'

It could be there is too much paste and if so that could make him ill. half a capsule of protexin once a day is all he needs at the most. So you need capsules from the vet not this bloomin paste!

I think that strict watch must be kept on the little man and he must have enough of his special food and know Lupin used to try and steal food from anywhere but if not left temptation he will eat his own food. Dont forget and leave biscuits in his reach.

Another thing that can make him sick is if he is starving and gobbles his food too quick.

Meals need to be small and often  and Sheila is so right about the stress.

I think the best way to gauge how well he is, is by how he is acting and if he is playing and running around. If he is doing this and eating and drinking he is more like to be Ok.

You need to try and stop worrying and try and keep him from the vets for a while to allow him to settle.....you can ring the vets to get protexin capsules.

He is possible extra hungry cos he really should be on kitten food but cant be at present.

I know just what you are going through cos I was there with Lupin but he was older and bigger than little Nemo but it was still a worry.

Try and relax and give him lots of cuddles  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2012, 22:14:18 PM »
Its very likely to be the stolen food that's made him poorly again. However, he's eaten tonight and had some fluids, thats important and means he's feeling better.

The main thing you can do tonight is not to panic, as he will pick up on your stress and this could make him stressed too, and more sick as a result. Stress is the cause of a number of common ailments in cats and this includes received stress from owners. So lots of cuddles and sleep for you both.

I hope your hubby has learned his lesson, the kitten is hungry and will munch anything he gets his paws on, so its important hubby is on-board with this or junior will never get the strict diet he needs to recover from this.

You'll find one or two other  :nawty: hubbies on here, sometimes they need a firm telling off and written instructions before they finally "get" it. Either that or make him pay the next vet bill out of his beer/season ticket/golf club membership money  :evillaugh:

Offline Tasia

• Adult Cat
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2012, 21:54:02 PM »
Oh dear Girls, what a terrible worrying evening ive had. Nemo was sick again it was brown but not dark brown as ive heard that it could be blood when brown in colour? Im just guessing its either all what happened earlier with my stupid husband not watching him properly or maybe a bit of both the food and the paste upsetting his tummy.

He has been sleeping alot today he did drink a bit of water. Now the last half hour he finally ate some food for the first time since this morning and this food had his wormer in so im especially pleased.
...Oh dear I dont know how much more I can take my nerves are dreadful.

If he is still unwell tomorrow even if there is still blood in the poo im going to have to ring the vet again I dont want to give him the paste again if that was the culprit..All he keeps doing is miaowing and wants cuddles. God love little Nemo my poor little boy.

Ill let you know how things are tomorrow. x

Link to CatChat