Author Topic: Finally got Rusalka spayed!!  (Read 1277 times)

Offline KittyB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Rusalka, Orpheus, Tosca and Carmen
Re: Finally got Rusalka spayed!!
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 19:41:59 PM »
She had her check up appointment today and she is doing very well. She needs another check next week tho just to make sure. Carmen even allowed a slight cuddle with Rusalka today and I managed to sneek a picture..

I think it's really interesting how her skin has a black spot just were her black spot on her coat is.

Orpheus and his sister Rusalka are british short hairs and I heard that they can have a tendancy to eat more. Rusalka doesn't eat very much and she is a skinny mini. I think Orpheus isn't fat I just think he's a bit big boned takes after his BSH mummy. He does like his food though when I'm in the kitchen cooking he often follows me in and makes sad pathetic meows at me for little nibbles and I do admit I often give in especially if there's raw meat involved  ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 19:42:34 PM by KittyB »
Kitty x x x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 18:16:20 PM »
I think it depends just like people, all four of mine are done but Oscar and star are massive and tilly and amber small, amber is 3.5kg! Oscar over 7kg  Tilly is 5.5kg but very thin, she is pure muscle although a bengal and that might be a breed trait

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 00:58:49 AM »
Glad everything went to plan  :) Gentle :care: for Rusalka

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 18:56:12 PM »
Glad the op went ok and she's recovering well  ;D

I think neutered cats have a lower metabolic rate (slightly) than entire cats, plus of course they're less active, so can put on weight.  Jaffa's always been a skinny cat though despite eating like a horse.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 15:17:00 PM »
So pleased that Rusalkas op went well  ;D

I not sure what you have been told is right although I have one 7.6 kg boy...............sigh

Most cats regulate what they eat but the odd one..................................................

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 11:29:33 AM »
Excellent! My tabby boy eats like a horse, but he's the only one who goes out, so he burns it off.  :hug:  for Rusalka. Xx
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline KittyB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Rusalka, Orpheus, Tosca and Carmen
Finally got Rusalka spayed!!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 10:05:13 AM »
Hello! I've not posted in a while. Just would like to let you all know that Rusalka has been spayed at last! She's recovering nicely. She has an appointment tomorow for a check up.
Last night she even got under the duvet for her usual night time snuggles (I was scared she wouldn't be so cuddly after her opp) but she's just the same and thank goodness we arn't going to end with kittens everywhere.
So happy everyone in the house is now spayed / neutered. Yay!  ;D

Also I learnt something at the vets. Male neutered cats are more likely to over eat. I never realised this and just assumed Orpheus had a big apitite so I sometimes gave him little extra bit of food - I'm going to stop doing this now because I really don't want him to become fat - he already has the nickname of Tubby in the house  :Luv2:
Kitty x x x

Link to CatChat