Author Topic: a bad cat breeder  (Read 4298 times)

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
Re: a bad cat breeder
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 10:55:20 AM »
I can sympathise here, I bought Miyagi as a doll face persian and to be honest as a kitten he did look like one as did lots of searches on them and he looked just like the kittens from reputable breeders however since hes grown up he has persian blood somewhere because of his eye shape and his fur but he is a cross I have no doubt :-:

you would be able to make a claim in the small claims court if you wished as you did pay a resonable amount for the kitten and it may encourage the breeder not to play this trick again.

have you got pics? not all persians have a true pug type face , pacey our persian has a more "cat" like face and is definately a persian.
I would be glad you have a healthy kitten, unfortuntately i bought a cat who sadly had pkd and had been badly neglected, unfortuntely i was roped in by the ladies web of lies and as i couldnt travel at that point the first time i saw mo was when she crawled out of the basket. :-[
when i saw her i was having her no matter what..just to save her and paid the woman to leave......
Id go with rescue cats everytime now as there are so many people who tell a plausable tale and even the less guilable of us can get taken in :-[

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 23:56:44 PM »
I don't quite understand, you say she isnt a Persian? but you brought her as a Persian? Can you let us know the wesbite of this breeder.

I have 6 persians, some I've had as kittens, luckily from very good breeders, and many rescue/rehome persians - elderly, ex-breeding, owners emigrating, owners can't cope with coats, etc, etc  :)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 19:42:33 PM »
All of the Clan cats are rescue and I have Pedigree Papers for Both my Ragdolls Minmin and Casper and for I traced my Bengal breeder but that was back street = Bengal was dumped and CP wanted to PTS but we said we would take her and poor soul was in season thats why she lost weight and was screaming as only a Bengal can :shocked:

I think that papers aren't such a need really if you aren't planning on breeding or showing with TICA or the other body but its nice to know where they come from at least but as all mine Pedigree, feral and domestic are rescue and for some we are the only ones who will take them as we have a happy home full of cats and dogs and no kids
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 18:35:22 PM »
 people should always check out breeders before buying a cat or kitten, lots of them are only in it for the money and once its sold they don't care. and its you and the poor little cat that suffers. it makes me so >:(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 23:25:22 PM »
No the high cost of pedigrees is to have one that should be just like its breed profile together with papers and registration.

Very few breeders pedigrees are on the active register, ie for breeding, and they will cost a lot more

I would think that £350 is only just above a pet quality pedigree depending on breed and one on the active register woulf be £500 upwards depending on breed.

If you are buying a pedigree the papers and registration should be given along with the kitten and this should be arranged with the breeder before collection of the kitten.

If the breeder is not supplying the papers, dont touch is the message.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 18:46:24 PM »
All the more reason to adopt rather than buy! And yes, you can adopt breeds as well as moggies.

TBH, I can't understand why you paid such a large amount of money for a kitten just to get her spayed. Surely the high costs of pedigree cats are due to people breeding from them and selling the kittens? (Not that I condone that either!)
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 12:55:51 PM »
Ah, it's a fair way then, she is in Nottingham.

Whereabouts in North Wales are you ? My sister lives in Colwyn Bay .

Offline miffy

• Kitten
  • Slave to: miffy joey and mittens
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
Yes she very healthy and very much loved< just disappointed not what I paid for!! i love Persian cats I have a blue and cream and chocolate and my other cat a tortie I am always looking to home a old guy but where is your friend, I am in north wales  :hug: :naughty: I will get my brother to help me put the photos on here so you can all see my Kitty's

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 12:27:32 PM »
Hi  :welcome:
Sorry to hear you were ripped off , but as  Dawn said at least she is healthy .
Would love to see some photos , usually someone can help with putting them on for you, I have had problems doing it myself sometimes.

My friend runs a Persian rescue and has some wonderful cats looking for homes ( I have had 3 from her , all vaccinated, chipped, and spayed and healthy)  I have 5 Persians altogether , everyone I have had for many years now have all been rescues.
Pauline runs it on her own and the cats look wonderful and happy , she is full at the moment with 22 in plus her own 6 cats .

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 10:38:54 AM »
that's what we are here for! never worked out the photos thing myself but there are some hints in the techie section

Offline miffy

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 10:35:20 AM »
Yes she is a lovely cat I will put my photo on here when I work out how!! Yes I love the Persians and Highland Cows been lovely talking to you and having a moan!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 10:31:48 AM »
sadly it does happen a lot, there are a few persian fans on here and some great photos,
at least she is healthy we have had cases of breeders selling very sickly cats and it is heartbreaking

Offline miffy

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 10:29:44 AM »
No that was not my case we had her spade, just as she was a pet. I contacted the GCCF and they said I should have got a receipt and a transfer of ownership and a full signed parent thing so I know who the parents where I got nothing as she knew it was not what she sold me trading standards know and they are helping me but I don't see much coming from all of this I just want to warn people she had a wonderful web page and she told us she breed and showed her Persians and she made it sound wonderful, I have never had a kitten ever I rescue old guys who want a good life until they pass away I just rescued a 12 year old boy chocolate Persian

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 10:10:34 AM »
unfortunately not all breeders are good ones - its a buyer beware situation.

I'd advise anyone looking for a pedigree cat to go to shows and meet with people, people who do show obviously have their cats under public scrutiny  - even then its not fool proof but its better than just finding someone in the back of the paper or whatever - sometimes people withhold papers until you have proof of neutering if your cat is not on the active register but I assume that is not what is going on in your case

Offline miffy

• Kitten
a bad cat breeder
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 10:02:52 AM »
I want to tell you all about a local cat breeder where I live, I bought a Persian kitten cost me £350 and its turned out she not a Persian, I am angry and upset that this breeder is allowed to get away with this crime, I have spoken to her about it and she told me I had to get prove that she was not a Persian, I got no papers or a receipt or anything she told me that would cost me more money and I only wanted as a pet so I was really not bothered but now I wish I had paid the extra cash, she don't just sell Persian she had boxers and pugs too I just wish I could close her down she lied and ripped me off

Link to CatChat