Author Topic: please help with peeing situation!!  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: please help with peeing situation!!
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 09:20:28 AM »
Just a thought have you thought about a cat run attached to the house where he can get access but the dogs can't and he can be outside but safe
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline jessiezara

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Tououse
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 21:48:18 PM »
I know! He is the only cat In the house but we have dogs and a puppy to be which I'm not sure how he going to feel about!! But he is best friends with my dog! No changes in the house.... He really wants to go out but as he got injured the first time he went out and nearly lost him and i would never forgive my self if he got hurt again :( I have tried to clean as best I can and he hasn't done it today but he has had days when he won't do it.

Offline lornab

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Monty and Moses.
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 20:51:28 PM »
I had a problem with one of the boys peeing in the corner although I never did work out which one of them was the culprit!
I cleaned the carpet thoroughly and then pulled it up and replaced the underlay in the area immediately beneath it and also scrubbed the floorboards.
 I banned them from that room until the area was completely dry and then positioned a plant in the corner to keep them away, I think the trick is to get rid of the smell completely (otherwise it seems to attract them back like a magnet) and also to break the habit.
Could you keep him out of this room completely for a few days? of course there's always the possibility that he will find another corner he likes just as much, so some strategically placed objects in available corners may help.
Another thought - does he have a cat bed? if you put his bed in the corner he may think twice about toileting there? if it's a territory thing and what he's doing is spreading his scent, then as the bed will already smell of him he may consider it's no longer necessary to pee there?
What is it about cats and corners anyway :innocent:
Please join the Purrs save a life draw - £2 a month is all it takes!
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££ 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38217.0.html

Offline jessiezara

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 12:21:04 PM »
I'm guessing it is stress related as he was really good with his tray before accident. But he doesn't seem to be stressed? He also pees right In front of me sometimes. We love in a forrest there would be now way to actually cat proof my garden. But I let him out the other day and he peed as soon as he came back?

Offline MsB

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 12:04:01 PM »
I had this with two cats for brief durations. One was even wetting on my bed (had to put a large plastic cover on it). Both cats were anxious/unsettled (one was a young kitten I had just got). We tried Feliway and all sorts of other things, not sure that they worked. However, the problem seemed to resolve itself after about six weeks or so. Does your cat go out or do you have other cats in the house that he may have become stressed about? Or have there been any changes in the home?

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 10:23:50 AM »
You could try a feliway plug in, they are good for stress.

Do you have a garden? If so would it be possible to cat proof it? There are some threads on here about the best way to do that.   

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 23:53:15 PM »
Sounds like he is stressed but finding out why is often hard.

A help is to put puppy pads in likely places and if he goes on them, you just chuck and replace with a new one.

Think its somethink like RX 66 or something thaqt Rosella recommends for cleaning .

Love to see pictures of him cos have not heard ofa Toulouse before.

Offline jessiezara

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 23:48:52 PM »
Yes he is neutered. I have put two litter trays out but he's not interested in the other one? I even put it where he was peeing and he peed all over it instead of in it! I have started letting him out a little which I really didn't want cause of the road but he is so desperate to go out I thought that might be the problem but hasn't changed :(:(

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 23:23:18 PM »
I'm sure lots of people will be on to give you advice soon. There are a few things I can suggest that might help. Setting up another one or two litter trays might help, my cats like to use one for wees and one for poos. You can get a really good cleaning product that will get rid of the smell totally as once they have started to use one place they will keep going there I think it's called simple solution and comes from PAH.

Has he been spayed? 

Offline jessiezara

• Kitten
please help with peeing situation!!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 21:37:59 PM »
hello,
My male cat a year old toulouse has started peeing in a corner!! he still uses his litter tray and never poos outside of his litter tray...
he had an accident when he was a few months old and had to have an op and was on medication for quite a while.. he has fully recovered now :)
but he strated peeing next to my door.. this has been going on for a while now, so i took him to vets again to make sure he was healthy before tryin anything else. So the vets said he was all fine and took his bloods, so now i know he is healthy i cant work out why he is peeing... so i washed the area with washing powder and he has stopped peeing in that corner and started in the other!! Hes ruined the carpets and now the wooden floor which is rotting!! its driving me insane as he does it up to more than once a day! but he still pees in his litter tray!
please help!!!!!!

Link to CatChat