Author Topic: Pandora is poorly now !  (Read 3539 times)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Re: Pandora is poorly now !
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 23:42:00 PM »
Fifi is no better today , will have to take her to the vets if no better tomorrow.
Might as well move in to the vets , I am there so much!!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 22:41:06 PM »
Glad Pandora is better, sorry about Fifi though  :hug: :hug: Does sound like its something going round  :(

I've been to Jamaica Inn - long time ago.... :)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 14:57:53 PM »
Yes, I did one of those when I went to London for 2 days , a 3 page list ! :rofl:
The only reason I haven't been anywhere as I never could leave Smartie, if he couldn't see me sometimes ,usually when I was in bed , he would howl for me, as soon as I called him he would be fine .
I miss him  :'(

Offline Lotzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 09:50:01 AM »
Glad Pandora is better, but sorry to hear about Fifi.  Have you had to take her to the vet? 

One thing about having a holiday in this country is that you are easily contactable, if necessary can just pack up and come home. My neighbour was looking after my cats a couple of years ago for the weekend and worried Lottie wasn't eating.  I was able to give her a bit of advice on the phone on giving fresh food, a bit of love and problem was sorted. At the same time I was on standby to drive home that morning.  Now have a three page sheet I leave with advice on not eating, where Toby is likely to be if he's away from house more than 24 hours (not unusual), Lottie's cystitis, where the cat carrier is, details for vets re: my wishes etc etc - only a cat owner would do this!

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 03:17:34 AM »
You are not kidding -i just wish i could have a break from ill cats !

I am seriously thinking of having a few days away this year - i havent had a holiday for over 10 years .
 Trouble is money is more than tight and i need someone to look after maybe two of the cats in my home. Pauline will have the kittens till i get back -Fifi could go in the cattery -but dont want to put Pandora or Winston in .

I have quite set my heart on going to Bodmin -Jamaica Inn - i have always wanted to go to Cornwall and never been .Also at this Inn , they have a ghost hunting night with buffet , bed and breakfast - not sure if i would be too scared to sleep after though !
I was only thinking of a day or two there and then going down to St Ives for another 3 days .

Its alright thinking about these holidays ,but they very rarely come off !!!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 00:55:56 AM »
So pleased that Pandora is OK again  :hug: :hug:

Now Fifi.......sigh

I think you need to sit them down in a line and give them a good talking to, tell them to look after themselves and stop worrying you  :innocent:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 00:51:32 AM »
Just an update to say Pandora is now fine and back to normal -the vet thinks she had a bad reaction to the injection that stops her vomiting !
Unfortunately Fifi has now had the runs and hasnt eaten anything today ! :Crazy:

Not sure whats been going on here -i am wondering if they have caught some airborne virus , something out the garden or what ! I now know its not the food ar the change in food of the kittens as now all of my cats have had the runs in the last week !

Offline Lotzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2012, 09:19:02 AM »
It does sound like it could have been a system overload.  How is she today?  Even though you haven't got your usual vet, don't be put off contacting the other one again if you need to before tomorrow.

They are a worry aren't they?  It's so hard having to judge what's right for them.  I do have a child but at least she can tell me how bad she feels and where the pain is, so it's much easier to give the right course of treatment straight away.

I myself need my beauty sleep - my hubby gets up just after 6am, followed very closely by Lottie (my cat) who is convinced I should do the same.  Then Toby (my other cat) comes in for breakfast before 7am and I need to get my daughter up at 7am!  Managed to stay in bed for Mother's Day until 7.30am but after 30 minutes of Toby asking for his breakfast I gave up!!

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2012, 01:45:16 AM »
I trust my usual one , but it was his day off on Friday and it's the same one on call today and tomorrow too.
If she has to go back on Monday as well i am going to insist I see my usual vet.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2012, 23:54:42 PM »
Sometimes after reading posts I just dont trust vets anymore  :scared:

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2012, 23:28:40 PM »
 :hug: :hug:  I hope she's feeling better tomorrow. Xxx
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 23:14:08 PM »
So do I Gill, I can only think its the steroid one . She had one for the runs and sickness and a long lasting antibiotic.
Maybe they were too strong for her !?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2012, 22:53:29 PM »
Oh Gill I wish that they could find out what is wrong with her............I wonder if one of the jabs has not agreed with her.

Sending lots of good wishes  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2012, 22:48:29 PM »
Had to take Pandora to the emergency vet tonight, there is something not right with her  :scared:
She hasn't eaten or drunk anything today from what I have seen or been to the loo.   She looks spaced out as if she doesn't really know where she is or what's going on.
The vet cannot find anything wrong, breathing ok, heart and lungs ok , mouth ok and temperature normal
I have had to mix another tin he gave me tonight with water and syringe some in her , she was not happy either and has now gone to bed out my way.
I have to take her back tomorrow at midday .

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 16:35:10 PM »
pandora still hang eaten hardly , she has been for a wander outside , but has come back in and gone back to sleep.
I am worried as she is usually a big eater and loves playing , especially with the kittens.

I live on my own and have lots of health issues, so not working and can keep these odd hours , but have always been more of a night person , than morning .
Never had or wanted kids either, cats are bad enough for being I'll and worrying me enough to not be able to sleep at times , the illness is another sleep issue combined with Fibromyalgia . Too many illnesses to start listing !

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 13:15:50 PM »
probably gill lol

i am retired but even when i was working i would be up still at this time but didnt get to work until about 10 to 1030. always been a night owl even at school...........listened to the tranny under the bed clothes till 0200 lol and just got by on less sleep.

Offline Lotzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 10:34:52 AM »
How is Pandora today?  Sleeping for a long time could be down to all the treatment hitting her system. 

Bunglycat & Gill, not sure how you can stay awake until the early hours (unless you work irregular hours or don't have children wearing you out!) - the only thing that gets me up at that time is a cat with cystitis! 

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 02:15:34 AM »
Yes, he rang and told me to give him a update tomorrow.
She is still sleeping and has been for hours now apart from getting up and drinking . She still doesn't seem quite with it , but I would like to bet its the steroid injection. Smartie was hyper for almost 24 hours after his , yet Sophie went really lethargic .
Hoping she is better tomorrow :scared:
Looks like me and you the only ones up again Gill !

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 01:42:21 AM »
Hope he rang and that she is getting back to normal  :hug: :hug:

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 20:54:04 PM »
hope pandora is feeling better soon x
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 18:03:48 PM »
Not sure what they were called I was told but forgot :-[
One was antibiotic for sickness and one for the runs and one was steroid ( thinking about it now , it's probably the steroid one , it made Smartie hyper for a good while, but it made Sophie lethargic , which I think seemed worse)
Also she had a millebax tablet.
She has only been to the vet once since I have had her ( almost 2 years) that was for booster and check up and all was ok .
Already rung the vet and he is going to ring later .

Offline Lotzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 17:24:20 PM »
It might be she is a bit nervous after coming back from the vet.  Lottie still hasn't forgiven me 100% for taking her three weeks ago. How is she now?  If you're still not happy, it might be worth giving them a call before the end of surgery.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 16:26:35 PM »
What injections did she have?

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 15:36:52 PM »
Have noticed since coming back from the vets Pandora seems restless and not settling to sleep , she keeps getting up and walking round and has been going in and out the back door, so have shut it as its cold.
Could that be the injections?
I am always worried after if things seem different and I have not seen my usual vet!

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 15:18:46 PM »
Thanks, Pandoras food hasn't been changed , the kittens has and they were just starting to be ok on the sensible and then I gave them Persian 30 , so wonder if it's too much change.
They haven't had any wet food this week at all ,due to their tummys.
I can swap the dry food with Pauline , but bought 8 boxes of kitten Felixstowe and only one box been used !

Offline Lotzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 14:11:46 PM »
Hope Pandora is feeling better soon.  As mentioned by Gillian, you could try a little boiled chicken - even if Pandora doesn't want it I'm sure someone else will.  If you have changed her food, might be worth putting her back on the old stuff for a few days and you can firstly see how she gets on with that (ie her tummy is totally sorted).  Afterwards you could try swapping her slowly over a few days and see what happens - not easy with a few of them I appreciate, but worth giving a go.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 13:19:02 PM »
Gill I prob wouldnt put the weetabix in - I think that might make things worse to be honest. I wonder if it might be better if they were on adult wet? they don't really need to be on kitten food and it may be that its just to rich for them now. Could you get the kittens just on plain cooked chicken for a few days and then slowly reintroduce wet food? I'm sure the runs is due to food change, environment change  :hug:

Hope Pandora is better soon  :hug: It might just be a little bit of stress due to the newcomers  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 13:11:00 PM »
Keeping fingers crossed that everything settles  :hug: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 12:57:04 PM »
Took her this morning, she has no temperature , no tender tummy and appears well ! Anyway ,she has has 3 injections, one long lasting as she isn't good to pill either. We , also gave her a worming tablet to be on the safe side, I said we, as it took me and the young vet ( not my usual one) to get the pill into her , 4 attts before she actually swallowed it !

Also brought back worming tablets for everyone else to be on the safe side. Cody still,has the runs , be he is the greediest kitten I have ever known , he is like a bloodhound , always sniffing for food.
I am going to try them back on kitten wet food , with weetabix mixed in to see if it will fill him and stop,the runs.
I can only think they must have picked up,something from the garden as they don't go out of it ever!?

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 12:47:28 PM »
Hope the vets visit went well and that Pandora was good girl for her Mum xx
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 12:38:05 PM »
When Lupins tummy was really bad he was hoovering all and any food and wonder in hindsight how that had an effect on his tummy.............maybe he was just eating too much?

Trouble is we have gone in opposite direction and now he is refusing to eat!

Hope vet visit went well  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 02:08:21 AM »
Ok Gill. I gave her Protexin for the first 2 days and then tried the Lacto  B .
Mary has just rung me , so I am going for a bath ( my tattoo is itching a bit , so healing nicely now ) and I will put the warm on and ring the vet as soon as they open.

The kits had been on Persian 30 till they came here and mine are all on R C sensible , so it could have been that . I told Pauline and yesterday got a sack of Persian 30 , they ate some and then left it and ate the sensible !!

They never had the runs at Pauline's , so maybe too much food change !? Or maybe as it was there first time outdoors !?

Anyway,as they now prefer the sensible ( after I spent £35 on a sack of the other , Pauline is going to have it and get me a sack of sensible back ) talk about contrary.

I have also took all food and biscuits up tonight as Cody is like a Hoover, everything in sight !
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:10:12 AM by bunglycat »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 01:15:49 AM »
Dont give Protexin and Lacto B cos that will make her worse............stick to the protexin...........I give half a capsule mixed in food a day and it will take a few days to work.

As she has been sick too I would definately contact the vet tomorrow..............I am sure it will be OK........you could take the kittens with you incase the vet thinks she could have picked something up from them.

Try to relax and not to panic cos I am sure that Pandora will be fine  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
Pandora is poorly now !
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 00:41:45 AM »
Can't believe this , Smartie, Sophie , then Fifi and cystitis , now Pandora is ill!

She has had the runs for 48 hours, have given her Protexin and Lacto B and it's done nothing.
Tonight I have considered ringing the vet as she has got terrible runs and has blood in it and also been sick .
The kittens have also had runny bums most of this week , but put it down to change of food.

I am really worried now , but I am sure the vet will tell me to make sure she doesn't get dehydrated and bring her in the morning , they open at either 8.30 or 9am .
I have mixed up some Lectade ,but she is another one hard to get anything in her , syringe or tablets .

When is this going to end , I could just cry or get in the car and run away !

Link to CatChat