Author Topic: 3 cats needing homes - advice?  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Re: 3 cats needing homes - advice?
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 17:12:59 PM »
You could try Celia Hammond, although everywhere is full at the moment.

Why don't they take their cats with them, it's really easy now with the pet passport. I think they are even changing the rules this year to make things easier for parts of the world that weren't covered before.  We took our cat with us when we went to Italy to live for a year? I couldn't imagine giving up my cats through.   

Could you foster them until they find a home through a rescue and get your friends to give you the money for food etc.     

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
  • Slave to: Phoebe, Boomer, Dillon, Aiden & Billy!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 15:58:04 PM »
I've just heard she's leaving end of Feb so she'd better get on any waiting list asap. Thanks Janey I'll pass all this info on  :thanks:
www.catrescue.uk
Rescue & Rehoming Stray and Unwanted Cats in Nottinghamshire. I am an independant rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 15:34:05 PM »
Here's a link to rescues in that area:  http://www.catchat.org/adoption/londone.html

do advise her to ring round asap until she can find one who can help, the sooner she gets them on a list the better, so many wait until the last minute.   Also (if she has time) to ask for direct homing that way they can stay with her until a home is found which can be a better option for the cats and also if rescues are full at least that way they're helping to find a home for them even though they aren't actually in rescue.  Best of luck for her.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 15:36:49 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 15:21:28 PM »
Thats who I would have suggested but there are also many CP branches around London

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 15:13:11 PM »
I will find out thanks dawn
www.catrescue.uk
Rescue & Rehoming Stray and Unwanted Cats in Nottinghamshire. I am an independant rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 15:11:36 PM »
battersea and celia hammond spring to mind - they may need to go on a waiting list - when are they leaving?

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
3 cats needing homes - advice?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 15:05:05 PM »
A friend of mine is asking for my advice as she knows I'm going to be fostering wonders if I can help with this.

My friends' friend lives in London SE18 area, has 3 cats and she's moving abroad and can't take them. They are mixed breeds, the female is 9, and the 2 males are 8 and 7. All neutered/spayed and good with the families young children. They have tried the RSPCA who will not take them.

I said I'd try and help so I'll look for any local rescues (but I'm midlands so don't know any in London) to take them but I think they seem pretty desperate and don't know quite who to turn to.

Thanks
Elle

www.catrescue.uk

Link to CatChat