Author Topic: Help - Jas has just weed in the lounge!  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Help - Jas has just weed in the lounge!
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 13:12:28 PM »
I went to a vicki halls talk once (she is a behaviourist) and she said the first thing she always recommended was go for the finest grain litter you could find - apparently it doesn't hurt to stand on (I suppose for us like being barefoot on a pebble beach) and they can have a good dig around

Offline Tempest

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Jasmine
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 13:03:26 PM »
Just had a call back from the vets and the urine sample was totally fine so there's nothing untoward going on which means it definately isn't a medical issue (which is good news really :)) Just not sure where that leaves us if it is behavioural  :scared:

It's not happened again - I've put another litter tray in the utility room so there's 3 to choose from in the house now and am watching them like hawks so I can make sure all trays are super clean :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 19:22:02 PM »
Pleased to hear the weeing hopefully wasn't cystitis  :hug: If it's stress related then the time of year won't be helping, too cold to go outside and temporarily get away from annoying younger sisters and too cold to do her 'business' out there.

Hope you don't get a reoccurance  :shy:  :hug:

Offline Tempest

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 17:56:09 PM »
Back from the vets to check for cystitis :) She doesn't *think* it's cystitis as she didn't show any tenderness in the bladder, she's not licking herself excessively, she did a pool of wee rather than a drip/dribble and her temp is normal  :)

I've got a kit to get a urine sample at home! Plastic ball things that go in the litter tray and I have to syringe up the wee and take it in to test it!!

If cystitis is ruled out (which I think it will be) that does mean it's a stress/behavioural issue I think so not really sure what the way forward is in dealing with that :(

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 23:27:49 PM »
Yes, it could just be that she's a bit stressed with Meg's pouncing, but might be worth getting her checked out in case its cystitis, especially as she's always previously been fine with using the tray.  :)

Offline Tempest

• Adult Cat
Help - Jas has just weed in the lounge!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 23:18:19 PM »
OH noticed Jasmine cat weeing in the corner of the lounge tonight  :err: I've moped it up and cleaned with biological washing powder but want to figure out why she's done it  :( The other night we heard a weird water sound when we were in bed and Jas was under the bed so I'm wondering if she's wee'd under the bed then now  :err:

Meg kitten has been here since November and they do get on fairly well but as Meg is getting bigger Jasmine does seem to be getting annoyed with constantly getting pounced on and I've noticed she's been sleeping behind the bed or under the duvet during the day so Meg can't spot her and launch on her when she's sleeping  :err:

She has a hooded litter tray in the utility room (which was clean and she had access to tonight at the time of the incident  :err: ) and there's one in the kitten room which is Meg's but Jas does use it too  :) I'd just put Meg to be up in the kitten room when Jas wee'd but she still had access to the utility room tray  :err:

I've noticed in the last few days that Meg has also started using the tray in the utility room (which she hadn't done previously) so am wondering if that's put Jas off of using it? That does seem weird though as Jas will use Meg's tray in the kitten room so she can't be that put off by her smell?

I've got a Feliaway plugged in in the lounge but not sure what else I can do to remedy the problem? As it's been so cold today Jas hadn't been out since about 11am so will try and make sure she has more outside access too tomorrow but am slightly worried as she's always been 100% clean in the house until tonight  :err:

Link to CatChat