Author Topic: Teddy, georgeous black FIV cat - London (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 9352 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Teddy, georgeous black FIV cat - London (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 07:39:41 AM »
As there have been no updates I'll move to sorted now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Teddy, georgeous black FIV cat - London
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2013, 08:06:36 AM »
Any news please?

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 21:30:17 PM »
9 Lives cat rescue and Paws for life are FIV friendly...........both in that there London town place.

I can't see any pictures which is good, I can't look, mustn't look  :shify: I had a fab old manky FIV black boy called Ted (bear) some years ago.

Hope you find somewhere for him soon, he's been very lucky to find you
x

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 01:29:35 AM »
I believe Leah alreay contacted various rescues and was not able to get help that is why she advertised on Gumtree where I found the add and directed her to here....

Leah - how is Teddy?

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 12:59:18 PM »
Hi and welcome to Purrs.   Sorry that you urgently need to rehome Teddy, it's always wise to contact rescues so that proper checks are done and the right home is found.  Here is a list of rescues in your area:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/londone.html

When you contact rescues do ensure they have a no destruction policy for FIV positive cats as some still do.  Best of luck!

(PS I have merged the two threads so things don't get confusing  :)

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 23:42:34 PM »
Hello Leah and   :welcome:  to Purrs

Sorry that you need to rehome Teddy he is obviously well cared for and loved

Good luck    :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline TeddysMother

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Teddy, Nalu and Kitty
Hello, I am Teddy, and I need a new home.
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 13:09:35 PM »
Hello,

My name is Teddy and I am desperately in need of a new home.

I am a big, all black, affectionate neutered boy and I have Feline Aids. Please don't judge me on this  It doesn't mean that I can pass infections on to anyone human, but I cannot live with other cats.

I am very affectionate and I love cuddles.

My present Mummy cannot keep me because she has two cats and she rescued me when she noticed I didn't have a home.

I have been microchipped, neutered and vaccinated. I have also been de-fleased and de-wormed.

I am currently in East London.

My Mummy doesn't want any money for me, but she does want me to have a nice new home so only nice people apply please.

Love Teddy x

Offline TeddysMother

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Teddy, Nalu and Kitty
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 13:04:37 PM »
Hello!

My name is Leah, and I am the lady who posted the advert for Teddy in the first place.

I only just received the email today as it was hidden in my spam box! Anna, thank you so much for introducing me to this website, and I really hope I am able to get Teddy a home.

Since I last posted the advert, things have improved, but he and Nalu (our little Bengal X) do not get on. She is tiny and he has attacked her :/

He is far more domesticated now, the MOST affectionate cat I have ever met and we are gutted that we will need to rehome him, but it is necessary.

We have spent over £700 on behaviourists, vets bills etc and its still not working out. He sleeps in a big cage at night and we are constantly having to keep him away from Nalu. He is far better off with us than sleeping under the cars, (where we found him) but he still isn't getting the quality of life he deserves.

Can someone please help?

Thanks

Leah x

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 00:24:59 AM »
No response from the poster but her contact details are on the advert as:

Leah on 07825550266

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 23:26:49 PM »
Anka, you could also refer her to Foal Farm, Biggin Hill, Kent which also takes FIVs and is closer.

I took a stray ginger cat with FIV to the Cat Protection League at Bredhurst, Kent a few years ago, they had a separate pen for FIV cats :)

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 20:19:18 PM »
Anka, you could also refer her to Foal Farm, Biggin Hill, Kent which also takes FIVs and is closer.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 18:45:16 PM »
Hi Anka

The reason we don't allow links to that site/free ad sites is that being a predominantly rescue site we don't wish to support websites who allow selling of live animals and leaving the links up inadvertantly advertises their site and puts them higher up in the google rankings etc when they shouldn't be allowed to sell animals in the first place!

I've copied the text from the adverts and hope that there is somebody out there who can help him, I'm sure if a rescue place was found further afield that a transport run could be arranged.

He looks to be a gorgeous boy and is certainly enjoying his cuddles in those pics, have everything crossed he can find another home to get those cuddles in :care:

My Mummy took me in because she noticed that every time she walked past me, I was shivering outside and wasn't eating proper food.

She dropped a letter through the letterbox to the person who was leaving out the food and discovered that he was a 90 year old man who's wife had just died and he was trying his best to feed me (I was a stray) but could no longer cope. I was eating old chinese takeaways that were making me sick.

She took me to vets, got rid of my worms and fleas, got me neutured, vaccinated, microchipped and tested me for FiV (which came back as positive).

She tried to settle me into her home with her other two much smaller female cats but things aren't working out I am very affectionate and I love people but I am not getting on with the other two ladies and because I have FiV, I am putting them at risk.

I am loving and affectionate and I love cuddles. I have lots of pictures proving this. I am a big cat (5.5kg) and I am all black with a lovely face.

Some cattery homes won't have me because I have FiV and they are bursting at the seams at this time of year.

Would you consider taking me in?

Hello,

My name is Teddy and I am desperately in need of a new home.

I am a big, black neutered boy and I have Feline Aids. Please don't judge me on this :( It doesn't mean that I can pass infections on to anyone human, but I cannot live with other cats.

I am very affectionate and I love cuddles.

My present Mummy cannot keep me because she has two cats and she rescued me when she noticed I didn't have a home.

I have been microchipped, neutered and vaccinated. I have also been de-fleased and de-wormed.

I am currently in East London.

My Mummy doesn't want any money for me, but she does want me to have a nice new home so only nice people apply please.

Love Teddy x

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 16:43:06 PM »
Please tell her to try Venture Farm Cat Sanctuary in Norwich. It takes FIVs. Ask her to post on here or Animal Lifeline UK or Catchat as others may have info of other FIV friendly rescues.

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 15:20:30 PM »
I did email the owner, thanks...

Ever since I saw that cat, feel so sorry for him and for the lady who took him in but can not keep him :(

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 15:18:24 PM »
Anka, perhaps you could email the owner and advise them to contact their local cat rescue and/or post on here.

No-one should be giving away animals on free websites!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 14:12:17 PM »
oh - so no point really as without the link... poor Teddy

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 14:11:20 PM »
Sorry we do not allow links to that site or their mention on Purrs. So link modified.

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
Teddy, georgeous black FIV cat - London (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 13:59:23 PM »
I have been looking at this ad for a long time now...

Can anyone help this lady?

I do not know her, just came across her ad and feel sorry for both her and the poor Teddy...

/p/pets/hello-i-am-teddy-and-i-love-cuddles/93663217

/p/pets/hello-i-am-teddy-i-need-a-new-home-urgently/92933480
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:39:16 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat