Author Topic: Licking!  (Read 1261 times)

Offline xkayleighxaddisonx

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Kai
Re: Licking!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 13:36:53 PM »
Not normally, we usually have to do a routine that is:he cleans and licks, she has enough, he gets out on the floor,he jumps back up, he gets put on the floor, he jumps back up etc, usually about 5-6 times lol in the end we have to give him his suckling blanket (a square of an old silk nightee) and he leaves her alone for a few hours before he tries again!

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
Re: Licking!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 13:29:12 PM »
 :welcome: not  to worry, we were all new once and we're very friendly honest!

i think its an attempt at bonding and friendship.one of mine is  a determined licker and he is quite single minded  when he decide you should be washed.i find it easiest to give him something more appropriate  to wash(when hes trying to lick my face  :sick: in the middle  of the night ill give him  an arm to wash  :tired:) Could you try swapping in an old flannel or towel?

Or maybe distracting him with a toy when your dogs had enough? does he stop when your dog shows that he has had enough?

Offline xkayleighxaddisonx

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Kai
Licking!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 01:59:44 AM »
Heyy, I'm new here so I'm not to sure what to do, so sorry if I get it wrong lol!

Anyway, my 22wk old male kitten has started licking my dog, like full tongue licking, after about half an hour of being patient our dog does get quite frustrated as you can prob imagine if it was you getting drenched by something not even half your age! Lol, is there a reason for this? It's only started since he has had his injections and he's not been neutered yet?

Thanks in advance! x x

Link to CatChat